Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am not sure how much interest there is in Sims 3 store but...

I am not sure how much interest there is in Sims 3 store but... I wonder how much interest there is with others either still buying from the store or otherwise, to have use for detailed store overviews.

I have—after a long hiatus of playing Sims 3, due to associating it with the death of a friend—decided, even for my own reference, to have an in depth store and exchange oriented overview of worlds (and less gameplay oriented like other store world overviews) and other store content. Plus as a builder and it being a build showcase site, having store item references on the same site I think is useful.

However, I am not sure how in depth to go, I have a tendency for going overly detailed but it might not be worth it if there is little interest. My current test is Midnight Hollow and Sim from that world. If this ends up being very popular it can go as far as an overview of each set/item/etc. for those who want to fully research items before purchase and could be open to comments/reviews of anyone in the comments section.

Comments

• HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    Well most of my test Store World overview has been completed, I picked Midnight Hollow. I have to admit I had a bit of fun to intimately get to know one of my fav store worlds. I hope you enjoy :)
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,996 Member
    edited October 2021
    @HollownessDevour - Welcome back. I am so sorry to learn the reason why you took a hiatus. You provided so much to the community in the past (Thinking for one example of your thread "Own the Store" Breakdown.) It is so nice to have you back.

I know people are still buying from the store even if the volume may not be nearly as much as years ago. I have "owned" the store for years and have yet to use some of the items. My current game is to have my sim run a bakery. This is the first time I have used the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. To improve gameplay, I referred to various websites and forum posts. I am thankful they are still available on the web. I have rarely played in Midnight Hollow and would love to read your overview.

Sims 3 may not have had any new content since 2014, but I still find new experiences. I think many players still do given one of the most active threads in the Sims 3 forum is Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @HollownessDevour - Welcome back. I am so sorry to learn the reason why you took a hiatus. You provided so much to the community in the past (Thinking for one example of your thread "Own the Store" Breakdown.) It is so nice to have you back.

I know people are still buying from the store even if the volume may not be nearly as much as years ago. I have "owned" the store for years and have yet to use some of the items. My current game is to have my sim run a bakery. This is the first time I have used the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery. To improve gameplay, I referred to various websites and forum posts. I am thankful they are still available on the web. I have rarely played in Midnight Hollow and would love to read your overview.

Sims 3 may not have had any new content since 2014, but I still find new experiences. I think many players still do given one of the most active threads in the Sims 3 forum is Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know.

Oh if you refer to the own the store breakdown, then you should note it is out of date and cannot be updated because I am over limit on characters on the main post, but I have an updated version on the site too. Plus I am over limit in my Sims 3 exchange account too, I have to use a third party sharing site. I really don't think EA realized we'd hold so strong to Sims 3.

But I completely agree even though there isn't any new content, I still feel there is so much more to experience in the game. In fact I was even thinking of a project to show the versatility uses and recoloring of store items for those who own or think of buying. But of course having more participation and people's experience collaborated together would be better than just one, on this wiki site. This site of course allows it better flexibly than the forums but the forums probably are still more a go to place than looking at a site created years after Sims 3 stopped creating new content. But I still like the forums, and it is nice seeing people even from years ago still active :)
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Sorta off topic (or maybe exactly ON topic), my interest in the store is huge right now, largely because I had no idea how much of the store I DIDN'T own. I purchased "all" of TS3 during a huge Steam sale a few years ago and insanely ASSUMED I now owned all of TS3. Imagine my surprise when I learned that no, I didn't own even close to all of it. So I'm hoping the store sticks around long enough for me to get all of it eventually. I'm piecemealing it as time/money permits. I appreciate your site that shows all content and need to bookmark it and perhaps make myself some kind of spreadsheet so I can figure out what I do and don't have.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    edited December 2021
    I just saw this post. I never even knew that wiki existed, but I am glad I found about it now!

I am a user on the normal Sims Wiki, and I have been adding information about the Store content, and other related information about TS3 in the last couple of years because the normal Wiki is seriously lacking in some areas. And the admins over there being basically maintenance mode doesn't really help either. The amount of contributions and work you have put into that Wiki is amazing and I imagine it took a lot of time. So I just wanted to say I appreciate the work you have put into that wiki, and thank you <3

About MH, to me personally, it is the best world Store team has ever done. Unlike Roaring Heights which feels half baked because there is a ton of lots with empty floors, this town feels fully complete, doesn't lag at all, and has some of the best design work the team has ever done. Houses, rabbit holes, decor, objects and townies, they all look gorgeous. And I am not even talking about the number of objects that comes with it. That world sometimes feels like what game pack for TS3 would be with the amount of content that is in it. And I never regretted getting the gold edition to this day!
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    @HollownessDevour I'm glad you're doing this because so many people are only now discovering Sims3, including a lot who started with Sims4 and became disenchanted, heard about Sims 3 and then were blown away by how much better it is. I've seen a lot of Sims4 youtubers putting out content about Sims3 and singing its praises, so while I don't have access to any numbers, it seems like there has been a groundswell of interest in Sims 3 as of late. Who knows if that's accurate, but a lot of Sims 4 youtubers talking up Sims 3 and discovering it, has to count for something. So I'm really glad you and all these other Sims 3 experts are still there doing what you do.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg