Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the minimum patch level for store items to install?

I know the store page states: "Please make sure you have the latest FREE game update to guarantee that this content is fully functional. Game Updates." which has patch 1.67 as the latest patch listed. Can anyone confirm if patch 1.67 will work for a non-Origin, non-Steam, disc version?

In the past, I kept my games at a lower patch level because of bugs from specific patches and figured I wouldn't be able to install store items anymore, so it's been many years since I last tried. I think I'm ready to go up to 1.67 if the store items will work for me. I believe 1.69 forces Origin, which I would like to avoid still.

Also, I don't remember about a "store patch," but I read some people mentioning it while I was trying to search for answers. Does anyone know if a specific game patch requires this and what would be the minimum game patch and minimum store patch for the store content to install?

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Yeah, I am wondering the same thing.
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    @candyboot - My game is patched to 1.67. I use the disc versions.

Important note: The store update patches that download to the 'ContentPatch' folder in your game folder will no longer download. If you are on version 1.69 you don't need them. But if you are on version 1.67 those files are NEEDED for your store content to work properly. Please read this post for important information regarding the Store Content Patch files.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet