Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    BlueBananaSimsBlueBananaSims Posts: 51 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    For the first time in Sims history, I might actually not buy the next installment, intensely depending on how it looks! I *love* cartoony aesthetics, and absolutely live for the Sims 4 design, and greatly disliked Sims 3's look.
    As for Paralives, yes, I think it is great that someone's trying to get in on the monopoly that Sims has
  • Options
    ShadowedLove97ShadowedLove97 Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    I'm definitely planning on picking up Paralives whenever it releases. I don't know if I'll pick up Sims 5 though. I want the option for online multiplayer, but I don't want it to only be an MMO. Doesn't sound fun to me and where I'm at we only have one choice for internet and it's bad.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Just popping in to say there is no new news. New news is normally done on Fridays for those who support this game financially. Will see if anything happens tomorrow since Maxis is doing a walkthrough for HSYs today. (lol)

Just a tidbit of observation on the roadmap. I told you last month 44 things have to be completed before early access (back in May). I notice this month they have reduced that number to 43. Wow, did this mean that actually finished something for 'Live Mode' and that list getting smaller for Live Mode requirements?...No. They either removed one thing and or scraped something because all the other things for 'Live Mode' remain the same since I told you about this in May.

These are the numbers for Live Mode progress bullet points required by themselves before Early Access.

17 finished. 7 in progress and 43 (it was 44 since the day of the roadmap) for gameplay that have to be finished. Note some of these are about the clock on the UI and other things...it doesn't mean all these things are about interactions which haven't even been worked on to my knowledge. Not according to their roadmap progress tiles. :/

The number was 44 in May..this is July, not much has changed in other categories, either. But this is the one everyone wants to hear about...gameplay, Sims' interactions, path finding, consequences, animations etc. It's not changed at all other than they scrapped something.

This doesn't even reflect all the other categories that remain almost exactly the same numbers or bullet points they want to finish before Early Access. I just found it odd live mode was reduced by one point, but nothing was added to reduce the number in progress and or added to finished for live mode. :( Ho Hum.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I was going to post the update the other day, but you beat me too it. lol :smirk:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MissRoxanne123MissRoxanne123 Posts: 19 Member
    I have never heard of Paralives before today. I already know I'm not getting Sims 5, but I think I will get Paralives if it is as good as it looks. :)
  • Options
    I was really wanting to see the Parafolk actually use the bathroom (they cut off the animation as he went to the commode) and all the other actions that were in queue. Like eat, etc. I'm glad they are working on the UI but there are still 44 items they have to finish (according to their roadmap) before early access. And that's no walk in the park, it's major things...ho hum.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Other
    Yep, by now I subscribed to their Patreon and definitely plan on getting this game as soon as it's out. I'll probably have it alongside Sims 5, though it's still too early to know which one I'll be playing the most. Really depends on how much I like the Sims 5.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    It’s looking good. I like the queue reordering. 😊
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Reordering the queue is a nice innovation. It's refreshing to see other people come up with ideas for life simulation games.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    Reordering the queue is a nice innovation. It's refreshing to see other people come up with ideas for life simulation games.

Sims in TS2 will do this themselves. Like if they need to eat, pee and sleep, they will reorder to drink coffee first. Smart. lol
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As usual everything looks good truly great to see the small team testing out the features and messing around letting us see the funny bugs making it clear those won't be paid features. It was also nice seeing they have the doors animated already they have got a lot done the last few months live mode is beginning to look interesting.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    As usual everything looks good truly great to see the small team testing out the features and messing around letting us see the funny bugs making it clear those won't be paid features. It was also nice seeing they have the doors animated already they have got a lot done the last few months live mode is beginning to look interesting.

They have a few things done but not enough in my opinion to have even mentioned early access possibilities at this point in time. It got everyone excited that it might be coming 'soon'. When what they actually have finished with live mode is a few animations about using the toilet (done over a year ago) and a few eating animations (done over a year ago) and or at least many months ago, and the run and walk animations done many, many, many months ago. They have not gotten to any interaction simulations and or path finding to any degree worth thinking about.

I know I sound harsh but really, I feel a few things they show once every three or four months is no longer worth oohing over, since I'm still waiting to see any of the 44 requirements in live mode to even be worked on before early access.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    I loved the Wolvies pack,the highschoool pack I bought just becuse of the new world. I've a hard time to see what Sims 4 has more to offer since there are a multitude of bugs with each pack. Sims 5 has to be something extra for me to buy it. Paralives could be interesting
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Other

Love the matte textures and that dusty pink watercolour wall. I see they made good progress, now it becomes interesting.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Other
    I don't think Paralives will ever be able to be available to buy because it's been over 5 years since the making of the game. So, I'm think of buying Disney Dreamland Valley when it comes out on PC in 2023. ;)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't think Paralives will ever be able to be available to buy because it's been over 5 years since the making of the game. So, I'm think of buying Disney Dreamland Valley when it comes out on PC in 2023. ;)

*3 years

Most video games take several years to develop, and they're only revealed when they're almost finished. They don't just appear out of thin air when they're announced
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    Other
    I'll check out Paralives as and when it releases. Look at reviews and if they're favourable and depending on price I may purchase it. Steam gives me two hours play time for a purchase and if its not what I want I can still refund it. I firmly have my expectations in check regarding it but I'm interested to see the developers take on an life rpg/simulation. I have no interest in Sims 5.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top