Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small things/changes would you like to see?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited March 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I feel like there's always a lot of talk about the big things people would like to see added to the game like cars, babies, expansions, etc so I wanted to make a thread dedicated to talking about all of small things people want to see added to the game.

It could be anything from a certain item of clothing/hair you'd like to see, a gameplay or build item you'd like to see added, an item from past games you'd like to see return, an improvement to an existing system in game (like more relationship options in CAS), etc etc.

So as the title says, what small things/changes would you like to see? :)
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    For me I'd like to see:
    • More relationship options in CAS - boyfriend, girlfriend, regular friend, best friend, engaged, disliked, aunts and uncles, grandparents, grandchildren (you can't chose grandparent as an option at the moment you can only set grandparents by making a parent of a parent)
    • An elder style category in CAS - just shows the clothing items more suited for elders (no more scrolling through 50 crop tops to find a blouse)
    • Some more clothes for elders
    • Functional elevators - we already have elevators, why not make them actually function on regular lots
    • Photo booths
    • Bikes for kids not just adults
    • All in one bathrooms
    • Body hair
    • Slides for kids not just toddlers
    • More standard t shirts, there's surprisingly few. For male sims there's only two options without patterns or v necks and females only have one.... Even those ones aren't great. (see spoiler)

For example I have this CC tshirt, it's just the Moschino one recolored without the print and it's exactly what I want to see in game :)
    03-04-21-11-55-53-AM.png
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited March 2021
    otAxVTx.png
    A possibility to not change hair color when randomizing hairstyle.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We got more skin colours. How about a few more hair colours?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    • Functional dormer windows like we had in TS2.
    • Harvestable plants to have accurate meshes instead of the current bushes.
    • More showy jewellery, big rings, bangles, earrings and necklaces.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited March 2021
    • picnic basket and bear rug (ts1)
    its basically same thing but with slight difference

i think picnic sims eat sandwiches and bear rug they get like fancy drinks

but basically sims lay down on the rug thing of choice and they can reach for snacks which they can eat and sims can talk to each other or just relax or do few of those bed type romance interactions like makeout and such

id like those back in both aesthetics

(and maybe yeah i could like non romantic group picnic option as well where sims just sit,talk and eat but...)
    • couple dancing in many styles
    ok sorry if thats too big but i need to mention it cause big need
    • relaxing in beds
    as in sims being able to lay down in their bed to read or just chill doing nothing in specific
    the animation even exists and sims do it split second sometimes when getting in and out of bed but player can't direct them to and it annoys me
    •sitting on floors
    again animations exist but we can't direct sims to sit on floor for some annoying reason
    •disable incoming calls (phone)
    I don't want to go off grid, i don't want my sims not being able to call for things and i don't want game to nerf invites etc completely I just want this one option per phone where i dont get random phone pop up things all the time when im trying to ignore other things than my household existing
    • some beautiful big arched windows
    • big mansion doors
    can't just keep stealing vlads door but thats about good size
    • doors/archways with carved details or other decorative thingies
    • fireplaces.
    and especially ones that have space for tv or painting above and are bit wider and older
    • themey wallpapers that make cool paintings and such
    we had some in sims medieval and in ts3 at least and i loved those
    •speaking of which wallpaper doors that match those wallpapers
    •fancy pocket doors
    •anything old mansion like tbh
    this list is getting long
    •trash compactor
    •small telescope
    •upright piano
    •functional tea sets
    • invisible wedding arch so i could just have markers and not have to always use same few arches but also
    • more wedding arches
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    some little things i enjoyed from other games:
    • couples snuggling in bed
    • sims looking out the windows
    • changing tables for diapers, diapers creating trash without a bin in the room
    • lounging on couches (seriously who sits up right like that watching tv?)
    • body hair for all sims

things not done before:
    • facial hair open to female framed sims
    • the ability to draw on sims in a new tattoo career
    • the ability to save our own custom styled outfits and be able to upload these to the gallery to share our styled looks
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited March 2021
    Making different versions of hairs and clothing that have accessories.

Having a solid white and black swatch with clothing.

A graveyard that holds all the deceased sims' tombstones.
    Post edited by Amj1995 on
  • MaryanRHMaryanRH Posts: 4 New Member
    I want to see porch swings,
    more ways of dancing,
    more tattoos,
    more instruments (cello, drums, banjo, trumpet, etc.),
    wall paper for ceilings,
    baggy clothes,
    pottery stations,
    another open world or two,
    maybe an expansion pack dealing with Native American culture,
    a farming pack,
    karate/kung fu,
    more aspirations and traits,
    and an option to stop the whole voting thing in the Echo Lifestyle pack because that gets really annoying but I do not want to uninstall the pack.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Curved and spiral staircases. I love mansions that have those grand entrances with curved staircases.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    • Pants that go past the ankles! Please! No one wears their pants like that in real life that I know of.
    • More sundresses and overalls(both long and short), plaits, pigtails, hair clips. I feel like if they were going to go for nineties throwback clothes in kits, they should've focused on more everyday outfits than active wear.
    • More facial hair options.
    • Body hair
    • Long hair for men that's a little more masculine looking. I know you can just use the hair meant for female sims but sometimes the style is a little too feminine for a particular sim and doesn't look right. Which bothers me cause I love long hair on guys.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Some of these could be small or big depending..

Homeschooling option for kids and teens (will really help for themed saves, challenges ect... or even because we do it now!)

Couple dancing (slow) I want more but need this at least.

Bed cuddles

Relaxing in bed

More light facial wrinkles like we just got

More nightgown options old lady, nighties, and teddies, some more sexy lingerie also

More suit options for men (not ending at the ankles)

Woohoo/relationship with the grim reaper made possible in game without a mod

More facial hair options for men

Small telescope and microscope

Ability to copy alien look on both .. same with a human look on both. (I want to tweak it... not for them to look completely different)

Some more normal children's play ground objects like merry-go-round and see-saw, more children's interactive play options

Child play oven

Very old fashioned radios, table phones (from 1930's)

More small pet types (I fully expect a farm pack too.. but that's not what I mean here)

egTcBMc.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    How small are dragons?

What about adjustable hair dye? Like we have hair styles with dye in them, but you can't choose the type of dye you want with the hair color. So you'll get ugly color choices forced upon you if you use a certain hair color.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    How small are dragons?

hopefully not very small
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    for a few small changes on ts4:
    - download history from the gallery
    - possibility to choose what sims to add from a household. it's annoying having to place all the sims just to get one
    - lock make up
    - allow us to make our own styled outfits
    - toggle to stop random townies spawning
    - remove the need to create a household when starting a save
    - toggle for story progression
    - AI improvements
    - color sliders
    - allow us to see the name of cc in the game and also to delete it
    - more traits & emotions and more gameplay attached to them
    - bug fixes
    - cheaper packs
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    ▪Be able to write sim bios, family bios, neighborhood bios (and be able to rename the neighborhood)
    ▪Be able to tag myself in game what is a feminine hairstyle/feminine clothing and vice versa. Some guy hairstyles are too fem imo and some girl styles too masc. Id like to able to define them myself.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    small telescope , and maybe the functions like TS2, you spy someone and there they come to slap your face :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    • relaxing in bed
    • sitting on floors
    • sims looking out the windows
    • silent mode for phones
    • body hair
    • kids being able to walk dogs
    • kids being able to garden
    • games for kids such as hide and seek, tag etc
    • being able to scruberoo toddlers
  • LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    -Window Seats (Preferably a couple different kinds? Like maybe one to fit bay windows, and one to fit more normal windows?)
    -More styles of closets (Maybe some smaller ones? Like 1x2 instead of 2x2?)
    -Terrain Paint that matches the original grass or sand
    -Some smaller rug options (Some rugs are huge, and some are small for what I wanted to use them for, and since I can't size up or down, since I'm on console...I'm stuck using some other rugs I don't like the look of)
    -A non-scuffed version or swatch of the 'Enigma Dresser' would also be nice (I like the look, but I don't like the scratches on there for some builds I attempt to make.)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Not sure how small this is, maybe simple, maybe not. I'd love to see either a rework of the whole sexual preferences system (probably not simple) or a toggle to lock the preferences of individual sims (potentially simple). I'm aware that there's at least one mod that addresses the latter, although I haven't had a chance to check it out yet (and I'm not yet sure if it will play nice with my other mods). But not everyone has the option to use mods, and not everyone who can use them wishes to do so.

A number of the sims I create are intended to be bisexual, but because of the way the game works, most eventually end up being either straight or gay. Maintaining their intended behavior takes waaay too much micromanagement even with the use of MCCC to manually reset their preferences when in-game interactions cause things to get too far out of balance. I do deliberately continue to do this massive micromanagement to maintain a certain few as bisexual because it has significant impact on their particular social structures and storylines. The ones I give up on, I have to just pretend those eventually chose a preferred partner, not necessarily a preferred gender. I wish I didn't have to play the "Either/Or" scenario all the time, that's all.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2021
    • Paintable Ceilings
    • The option to save custom outfits and lock makeup in CAS
    • Select favorites (favorite dish, color, etc) in CAS
    • A Hospitality lot trait (a front desk worker and janitor will spawn)
    • The option to not own a cellphone
    • Island-related odd jobs will only pop up when playing in Sulani
    • World Population options in Game Settings
    • Plain, baggy t-shirts and sweaters for male Sims
    • A simple, golden coin necklace and other simple but stylish jewelry
    • Stone Ovens
    • Graduation Party Event, Baby Shower event, Funeral Event
    • Museum Night Guard career
    • Pinball machines and arcade games
    • Body Hair
    • Children's Magic Set (four separate ones, each themed after a different RoM School)
    • A mini-golf set for outside
    • A small telescope
    • New traits: studious, sleepy, absent-minded, natural performer, shy, night owl, people pleaser
    • More dynamic and three-dimensional world maps
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Bug Fixes.

Every bug they fix is a small change that improves the game by a lot. I wish they would finally make this a priority.
  • SimmerJillerskiSimmerJillerski Posts: 56 Member
    -different colored UI (or at least an option for light or dark ui)
    -the option to toggle worlds you're not currently using so they don't appear on the world screen
    -removal of current texture quality cap implemented in the game recently to nerf object texturing which causes blurriness in game even on Ultra settings. I had to manually edit this in the game files. I don't know why this was done, possibly to ease game performance?)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    -removal of current texture quality cap implemented in the game recently to nerf object texturing which causes blurriness in game even on Ultra settings. I had to manually edit this in the game files. I don't know why this was done, possibly to ease game performance?)

Yes this one I agree with so much. I was so annoyed about it. I don't see why we all should be forced into a graphics downgrade because some people play the game on devices that are not optimal for the game. I paid a lot of money for the computer that I have so that I can enjoy the game as good as it can be and I don't like being forcibly downgraded when my PC is able to run the game perfectly as it was.

Now I know I would be sad if I couldn't play the game well so I'm in no way saying that they shouldn't fix the game for people with less good computers or whatever devices they choose play the game on. What I am saying is that they need to find a way that works for everybody because forcing people that don't need it into a downgrade on graphics quality is not the way to go.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Canes, crutches, prosthetics.

Vitiligo skin would be nice too:
    7rmakgo5tw861.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=33a4a358f370b63926b5b95df6cb1b3f82f8f015

Dark mode for UI.

Underwear and swimwear.

5 trait slots.

Pond tool.

Family tree upgrade.

Bird and snake pets.

Small versions of objects.

More toys for kids like a play kitchen and playpen.

Functional elevator.

Work from home option for all careers.

Doctor's masks.

Scarves.

Purses.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    • The option to save custom outfits and lock makeup in CAS
    • Select favorites (favorite dish, color, etc) in CAS
    This is something I've been thinking for a long time. It's annoying to scroll through a long list of clothing items to find a certain piece of clothing that I use often. I wish we could do something to mark favorites, or put them at the top of the list, or something to make them easier to find.

It would also be nice if we could use the same makeup (or even same clothes) on a sim, for their other outfits, so we don't have to keep doing makeup on each outfit.