Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Sims Appreciation Thread 💖

Comments

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2018
    This is Carlos Hapsburg, the last of his line. At the moment he's decided that Dina Caliente will be the mother of his children (and head over heels in love with her). Only problem is she just wants to be friends.

Originally created as an experiment to see the ugliest sim I could create without going into uglacy territory and to see if I could recreate Carlos II Habsburg, last Hapsburg King of Spain (I think he's pretty close), but I love the poor idiot. He doesn't know it yet ,but he will be becoming a vampire when I get around to getting them.

1O7Vlea.png

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    but I love the poor plum
    I love him too
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    This is the Sim I play, maxing out his skills at the moment almost finished.
    TnOUWbT.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    @WaytoomanyUIDs derp, I thought he may have already been an vampire and oh lordy he has an eyeball ring too.

Though I kinda like him though I have a thing for weird looking to rather ugly sims. His looks really stand out.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2018
    Love this thread and agree male sims definitely need more love! I’m apparently in the minority as I play a lot of male sims, but if I had to choose just one favourite then it would have to be my vampire sim, Hal, who is based on my favourite fictional character ever of the same name and was the first sim I ever played in the Sims 4. His dark form is identical to his main apart from complete black eyes and the classic vampire fangs. His main traits are neat, perfectionist, music lover and quick learner and he has all the positive character values. He’s highly skilled in logic, cooking, piano, guitar, singing, dancing and fitness. He’s also a grand master vampire and worked hard to achieve the ‘Good Vampire’ aspiration. He previously worked in the culinary and business careers before becoming a stay at home dad, so currently spends his days trying to be a Super Parent teaching and caring for his clingy toddler, as well as cooking and cleaning in his apron lol and occasionally going off to the Spa with a good friend for some ‘wellness’ time. He is also on his way to becoming the leader of the Avant Gardes and is thinking of starting a career as a writer in the future and possibly purchasing a bookstore of his own once his daughter starts school. I’m waffling on so I’ll stop! :Du0VxjzD.png
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited December 2018
    The Four ScholarsFour different types guys created by myself

Aloof type Shadow Chunyu, a good fame criminal
    FMsVB9.png

Coquettish type Yin Chunyu, Shadow's father, a narrow minded but kind rock star, in this screenshot he's a celebrity NPC
    FMsIu4.png

Melancholy type Heifeng Ye, a stay at home brother, he's lazy but perfectionist
    FMyA8f.png

Arrogant type Vincent Ramirez, a bad fame criminal, different than tough guy Shadow, he's a nonsuch bada.ss, he and his female roommate Xiwu Lan are interpret beauty is dangerous
    FMyxJ0.png
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited December 2018
    I love this thread! And I have a lot of male sims I love, here are the 4 I enjoy playing the most:

First off, 2 sims that I created soon after the game was released. I have played them in one way or another in almost all my saves ever since.
    André Joyeux is a rocker chef and Mario Green (used to be called Mario Verde) is an eager gardener.
    brYI6Ts.jpg

Next step I have the most loving dad, Julian Shea. His wife dies on a freaky accident (not at all intentional) and now he needs to take care of triplet kids and a toddler. His job doesn't have the greatest income either so this is a challenging household to play. I love them.
    IbARPaD.jpg

Then there's Delano Laik, the most charming and cool male sim I have at the moment.
    He likes collectables, specially frogs and loves summer.
    TrwwdiO.jpg

Special mention to this cutie boy: Tomeo Friedman. He is a delight!
    ba6X1jC.jpg
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    I love this thread! It's nice to see the male sims getting some love. There are a few different male sims I like playing with, but all for different reasons. They aren't all necessarily my "favourite" as in I find them lovable and want good things to happen to them. I've included a couple I don't like very much, but they're pretty fun to play with :naughty: I've also included their bios under spoilers, for those of you who want to know more.

First up is my absolute favourite pair of sims Calixto and Cristiano. When I first made this sim, I liked the end result so much I had to twin him! :blush: Once I was done, a background story for them came to mind very quickly and I think that made me more attached to them. Here they are, bio under the spoiler.
    Tall, dark and handsome twins Calixto and Cristiano lead very different lives. Both spies, Calixto turned to the dark side out of guilt, a dark secret he can never reveal to his brother, but he is destined for redemption. Tragic Cristiano found his love, but she died mysteriously soon after the birth of their daughter Calisto. Now raising her alone, she is the light of his life and he hopes to someday find another to love and be a mother to little Calisto.

Cristiano - he is genius, good and family-oriented. He's actually a widower and has a little girl (I've never made his dead wife, she remains a mystery).

biXiQXH.png

Calixto - he is genius, neat and self-assured. He's single at the moment, with no children of his own yet, but absolutely adores his niece and dotes on her.

jYlgldW.png

I deliberately made them wear similar clothing and have the same hairstyle, because I thought it would be funnier if they were easily mixed-up sometimes. The brothers are very close and their story intrigues me the most for some reason, so it's always interesting playing with them. I'm never sure what type of woman I want Calixto to end up with though. At first I thought someone a bit older, who already has a teenage son. Then I changed my mind to a very sweet-natured heiress, who came from old money and had never worked except for selling the occasional painting, but that didn't seem to suit him either, now I'm a little stuck.

The next guy is the first male sim I made completely from scratch. He was made to be completely evil and despicable, but somehow developed some sort of charm because no matter how much he went around town, stirring up trouble and generally being a nuisance to all Simkind, he somehow attracted an NPC sim who decided to settle down with him. He's unfaithful, but discreet so his jealous wife can never prove anything. He's a blast to play with.

Marcus Van Raay - evil, outgoing, romantic.
    Watch out for this devil! A dastardly sim of the worst kind, his aspiration is to one day be the Boss of the Mafia and rule the entire criminal underworld! His weapon is his deceptive charm and he'll have your money before you know it. Underneath it all, he's a surprisingly good father and he wishes to one day pass on his empire to his many children.

MXW5sSO.png

This one is more of an unfavourite, but it's fun playing this hopeless fool. It was fun creating this mafia boss wannabe. I made him bulky and over-muscled with comically small feet and all the stereotypical mafia style. I really need a tacky, thick, gold chain necklace for him. Of course this unlucky fool is married to the resident black widow and he thinks he got lucky :lol: He thinks her son is his, but the true father is Marcus (who she's in love with, but he knows what she is so he'll never marry her).

Salvatore Sciarroni - snob, materialistic, self-assured.
    He looks the part, he acts the part, but will he become the real thing? Romano is all about being the biggest and baddest Mafia Boss in town and he doesn't care who knows it! He wants the best of everything, including a beautiful trophy wife, cars, houses and finest Italian threads. The only thing standing in his way is his arch enemy Marcus Van Raay, who gets all the ladies and the best jobs. Who will have the bigger criminal empire?

FOww0ay.png

The final sim is fun because he's such a player. I find it funny how his gallery picture has him pouting, which fits him so well that I decided to use that picture. He's basically my version of the Don Lothario of town and really gets around :sweat_smile: EVERY sim is his type. Seriously, his phone and doorbell are ringing all day with sims asking for a date. He's a body builder because it's the vainest job you can have (functional muscles, who needs them right?) and he has over 20 children (he's lost count) all by different mothers.

Eros Juan - romantic, non-committal, self-assured.
    Watch out Sims! Eros is a heartbreaker and stealer of wives! A descendant of the legendary Don Juan AND Casanova, he'll never commit and his life aspiration is to kiss all the Sims and break as many hearts as possible. Kiss with caution...

A9sS4U6.png
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    @fullspiral Little Wolf is amazing, you did a very good job on him. Where did you get the inspiration from?

@Movotti I laughed so much when I saw Trash Kan, how does a sim ooze so much personality? :lol: He reminds me of a character from something, but I can't put my finger on who, it's nagging at me. Was he inspired by anyone in particular? You should reverse his introduction though, I think it will be funnier "the world needs more Kan.. Trash Kan". I feel like I already know him.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @astera00 Thank you. I just googled Native American men and picked an image to use as inspiration. There were so many handsome men to choose from!
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    fullspiral, where did you get that hairstyle? It's beautiful, as is your profile sim.
    Sunirose wrote: »
    fullspiral, where did you get that hairstyle? It's beautiful, as is your profile sim.

I thought I had found it on TSR, but a search there proved me wrong so I went with the search I did the other night and it was here:

https://www.simsdom.com/en/download/the-sims4/item/hair-by-sims4allcc-135970

And thank you for saying. :)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    astera00 wrote: »
    I laughed so much when I saw Trash Kan, how does a sim ooze so much personality? :lol: He reminds me of a character from something, but I can't put my finger on who, it's nagging at me. Was he inspired by anyone in particular? You should reverse his introduction though, I think it will be funnier "the world needs more Kan.. Trash Kan". I feel like I already know him.
    He was inspired by a mash of people I know. He's got more personality in his little finger than any other sim has in their entire body. True story. He is satire personified.
    Trash is special.

tumblr_opw65oRAKR1v2n804o2_1280.png
    "Dan? I'm booooooooooooooooooored "

tumblr_opw65oRAKR1v2n804o3_1280.png
    "I can't feel my face!"

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    When I get the chance need to upload some of my sims to the gallery. This is Miles Hightower. Single dad who makes a living off art and doing his best to raise a teenage girl and keep his young adult son out of trouble. He was pretty bored here when I took a picture after he took out the trash.
    w6CdIuy.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > The world needs more Trash... Trash Kan
    >
    > What's not to like

Love this sim! That pose in the bushes hahah! Reminds me of Freddie Mercury, but maybe if he was in The Darkness?> @fullspiral said:

> QueenofMyshuno wrote: »
    >
    > @fullspiral Little Wolf is amazing looking. I have the hardest time getting someone to look like the ethnicity I'm attempting. His facial features are perfect, and he is super goodlooking.
    >
    > Thank you! I spent several hours going back and forth between a picture and CAS. I wanted him to be perfect. Here's a couple more ethnic males in my game.
    >
    > Hec:

Hec looks mean, but the kinda mean that makes me drool lol
    Great job with Little Wolf too wow! :love:
  • SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    @Shadow_Assassin Your sims look like J-Rock Tim Bourton characters :blush: Very cool!

You're all making me think I should put more effort into my sims! I've been having fun building houses at the moment.
    I'm looking forward to when I can be approved to post pictures of my creations - by then I might have some good ones :smiley:
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Love this thread and agree male sims definitely need more love! I’m apparently in the minority as I play a lot of male sims, but if I had to choose just one favourite then it would have to be my vampire sim, Hal, who is based on my favourite fictional character ever of the same name and was the first sim I ever played in the Sims 4. His dark form is identical to his main apart from complete black eyes and the classic vampire fangs. His main traits are neat, perfectionist, music lover and quick learner and he has all the positive character values. He’s highly skilled in logic, cooking, piano, guitar, singing, dancing and fitness. He’s also a grand master vampire and worked hard to achieve the ‘Good Vampire’ aspiration. He previously worked in the culinary and business careers before becoming a stay at home dad, so currently spends his days trying to be a Super Parent teaching and caring for his clingy toddler, as well as cooking and cleaning in his apron lol and occasionally going off to the Spa with a good friend for some ‘wellness’ time. He is also on his way to becoming the leader of the Avant Gardes and is thinking of starting a career as a writer in the future and possibly purchasing a bookstore of his own once his daughter starts school. I’m waffling on so I’ll stop! :Du0VxjzD.png

he's bootfiul! is he on the gallery (I love the back story for him - spot on)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Agwe
    1-9-2018-11-21-09.png1-9-2018-11-37-04.png2-9-2018-20-06-43.png12-9-2018-11-29-53.pngpodzim.png28-11-2018-12-06-34.png I love him unconditionally.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Some fantastic sims in this thread. With the new MCCC feature of pulling 'random' sims from your gallery rather than letting the game screw them up, I've been filling my gallery with decent nocc sims...and it's ridiculously hard to find decent, diverse, males. Y'all should be mentioning if you have the sim you are sharing on the gallery!
    @brenleedee, thanks for sharing Vaughn on the gallery, he's exactly what I'm talking about when I say decent, nocc, diverse male!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited December 2018
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Some fantastic sims in this thread. With the new MCCC feature of pulling 'random' sims from your gallery rather than letting the game screw them up, I've been filling my gallery with decent nocc sims...and it's ridiculously hard to find decent, diverse, males. Y'all should be mentioning if you have the sim you are sharing on the gallery!
    @brenleedee, thanks for sharing Vaughn on the gallery, he's exactly what I'm talking about when I say decent, nocc, diverse male!

So glad you like him, have you ever had that one sim you just love to play...that is him, his personality is just perfect, sometimes almost too nice(very hard to get him Angry and I needed to for one of the of the job whims)

I am maxing out his skills and traits at the moment, and will share the revised "Vaughn" when finished, not using any cheats but almost there ♥♥♥

Thank you!!

That sounds like a really cool new feautre for MCCC. I have them all in the gallery, and many more, if you like to have a look. However most of them come with other sims in the same household, I rarely upload single households with just 1 sim.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @albawaterhouse Awesome, I don't mind bringing in households either. I'm just trying to mostly get more males at the moment because my gallery is probably a 4 to 1 ratio of female to male, simply because of the skewed availability. I made some sims of my own, but I figure if I want diversity, the best way to do that is have a diverse range of sim creators contributing. :)

And the MCCC feature is indeed incredible...I set up a new save game that I imported this legacy family into just to get a game with most of the non-active sims created with the feature. It's incredible how much better the random sims around town are dressed and how diverse the names and features are as a result.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    @albawaterhouse Awesome, I don't mind bringing in households either. I'm just trying to mostly get more males at the moment because my gallery is probably a 4 to 1 ratio of female to male, simply because of the skewed availability. I made some sims of my own, but I figure if I want diversity, the best way to do that is have a diverse range of sim creators contributing. :)

And the MCCC feature is indeed incredible...I set up a new save game that I imported this legacy family into just to get a game with most of the non-active sims created with the feature. It's incredible how much better the random sims around town are dressed and how diverse the names and features are as a result.

Great! I hope you find some useful sims in my gallery profile :)
    That feature is really tempting me to get that mod. Townies is one of my pet peeves in this game. And MCCC has been tempting me for a really long time now. But I am completely clueless when it comes to mods.

Just so I don't properly derail this awesome thread, here is another one of the male sims I adore:

pVMtDZo.png
    Kayin Folami
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Little Wolf is probably one of the favorites I've made. :

Iiry2h5.png

I0JI2af.png

Is he available in the gallery?
    EA ID burnished_dragon
    @verlainem No, sorry. I use a fair bit of cc on my sims so I dont put them on the gallery. I just like sharing them here at the forum though!