Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fashion of Paranormal

Comments

• ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Yeah I get a New Orleans vibe too, but mixed with a double dollop of the 70s.

I love the style! It reminds me of Movie Hangout stuff in a way, even though that was 60s bohemian inspired.
    giphy.gif
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Asthethically I feel the idea was to be based on Charmed or Supernatural for clothing
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    I don't think the clothing was based on Charmed. I never saw Prue, Piper, Phoebe or Paige ever wear any of those outfits.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited January 2021
    Charmed Ones

More talking the 2018 reboot
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    The Reboot's not my liking. I prefer the Original Charmed.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited January 2021
    Personally I am getting Scooby Doo & Dark Shadows with a New Orleans touch, I like it. I've wanted them to add more voodoo inspired stuff since those old concept arts released. I think basing this pack on New Orleans is a great since irl New Orleans is heavily into the occult and shamans, gypsies and fortune tellers are everywhere. Plus it has a lot of history lots of if dark and horrific so they aren't short on haunted houses/properties.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I thought there was a New Orleans vive going on. I kept have that old song "Blue Bayou" by Linda Ronstadt &
    "The Rising Sun" by Dolly Parton in my head.

Now I've got Linda's "Blue Bayou" going. That woman sure could sing - from rock to grand opera and everything in between.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I wondered if the 70's vibe and creepy doll fit with the film the conjuring.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the clothing, I like the two outfits in the middle, but those shorts combined with some strange looking tops... not a fan, but maybe I will like it when I actually play it. I don't think I get what style they are going for.

clothes.png
    I too like the two outfits in the middle, particularly the one outfit that the female sim center right is wearing. I think that's a really nice look. And the jacket that the male sim to the right of her is really nice too.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love it! I love the New Orleans/Voodoo vibes, they’re versatile and quirky and feel like Sims 1 or 2 energy. This sort of spiritual, spooky, haunting paranormal style is so much more fresh and lively, and also has such a culture to it so that’s exciting.

Love the 70’s wardrobe too, I’m getting Amityville/King references. Horror, mediums and general haunted-ness was so big in the 70’s, it fits perfectly! (I wasn’t alive yet, but that’s the impression I get...).
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I like a few of them, but the CAS for this pack isn't a wow for me. The ones I like are things that look different and that I see myself using. The rest look like what we already have and, well, when you have 30 pants that are more or less the same, I don't like paying for more. I like the clothes looking significantly different than what we already have. I was hoping for goth stuff, but maybe it will come in a larger pack with more of it.

Also, this pack would've easily fit in with a dangerous/spooky/wills/funeral/afterlife pack instead of being broke down. I like that stuff packs have more than they have ever had, but really they could be done away with and put in EP/GPs.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I like the build/buy and cas items but I'm not super wowed by them either. I wasn't really expecting more gothic style and don't really care if we get more, but I do kind of think there's way too much boho/70s looking fashion in this game, we have that already in Eco life, strangerville, laundry day, the base game... Like I love that style but would love to see more variety, like a 50s or 60s look could have worked with this pack or I don't know.

(Also I don't get 2018 Charmed or scooby doo vibes at all from the style)
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited January 2021
    I like this fashion. I also like the romantic top on the far right a lot. The Cas/BB does look great. No, I'm not going to buy it and complain about supernatural gameplay. I didn't do that before either.

I do like that the haunting gameplay is something that can be designated by adding a lot type. I'm skeptical that I would play it but who knows, maybe I'd be willing to do it once. There's a house in Forgotten Hollow that I've done nothing with. I've been thinking that in "some future generation", I would send a father and daughter there, kind of like Van Helsing and his daughter. They could live in a haunted house. I'm pretty much in a future generation now.

While it's not really my playstyle, I am happy for the supernatural players. In terms of the fashion and style, I think it's interesting. We haven't had quite that type of 70s style before. Someone could really make over Willow Creek. I know there's a lot of bohemian fashion in the game but I use it a lot with my characters so I'm a fan. I also don't think that adding onto a theme is a problem because we can buy it or not. If it were all very goth style, I'd probably sit this out. Right now, I don't think I'd rush to get it but I might, mainly for the fashion and style to add some retro houses somewhere.

Gameplay matters a lot to me but I play with a lot of characters and like them to be different. I'm also at a point where I make over almost anything "base game" to be more customized. To be totally clear, I like styles other than bohemian but I really use some of that style. I'm also open to other styles. I want to see more of what will come out this year, but I have some interest in the way that they did this pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm fine with different styles of clothes. I use darker colors on certain sims, so I appreciate the variety.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    I wonder if that brown coat is part of that outfit or will it be separate. I'm not a fan of the male sims fashion in Sims 4. But I do like that brown coat, and hope that it's separate from that outfit.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    It’s perfect. I love it. I’m delighted the team went for the New Orleans voodoo vibes. About time.
    That little base game Voodoo Doll finally fits in and might find a new friend in Creepy Doll.
    Now I need myself some proper foggy alligator swamps and be able to build swamp homes. Perhaps that will come with a werewolf pack...
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I wonder if that brown coat is part of that outfit or will it be separate. I'm not a fan of the male sims fashion in Sims 4. But I do like that brown coat, and hope that it's separate from that outfit.

I doubt that is is separate based on the length. Long coats are often part of full outfits due to texture issues. Like how that long draping, blouse? Is most likely going to be an outfit because it it takes up so much space.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    First time it feels like they embraced a style in full force rather than dropping "spooky" across the games lifespan and not going deep in.
    I think both clothes and furniture will fit will into a variety of builds even when least expected.
    I just hope in the future this pack is a reference for taking a theme in a fun way and actually riding with it, rather than "My first pet stuff" which should have been called "here's a hamster stuff" or "Get together; and figure out what this pack is".

Its the first time I'm on board fully, I can only hope when the pack is out I say the same thing and that the outfits have good swatches because the fashion seems just fine up to now.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    It’s perfect. I love it. I’m delighted the team went for the New Orleans voodoo vibes. About time.
    That little base game Voodoo Doll finally fits in and might find a new friend in Creepy Doll.
    Now I need myself some proper foggy alligator swamps and be able to build swamp homes. Perhaps that will come with a werewolf pack...

I was really hoping they were going to aim more towards a voodoo/swamp type of gameplay and style. But I'm happy with the 70's vibe too... it brings back memories of watching the Brady Bunch and the Partridge Family on tv every week, two of my favourite shows back then. I even had one of those suede tassel vests too. Maybe I'll try to recreate the Brady Bunch house and family.... six kids, two adults, plus Alice the housekeeper.

Yes yes I know, I'm showing my age. :D

sddefault.jpg

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
    I'm going to remake my Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys from the 1970s. I used to have a huge crush on Shawn Cassidy when I was a little girl. He was so cute. <3
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

I doubt that is is separate based on the length. Long coats are often part of full outfits due to texture issues. Like how that long draping, blouse? Is most likely going to be an outfit because it it takes up so much space.
    I hope not. That long brown coat would have been a great coat to have separate.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love 70s style and this New Orleans feel. I've visited New Orleans a few times now and it's really beautiful. During my most recent visit, I met with a medium. This pack is pretty darn tempting to buy ASAP but I'll probably wait for a sale.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm going to remake my Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys from the 1970s. I used to have a huge crush on Shawn Cassidy when I was a little girl. He was so cute. <3
    Mark Harmon, the actor that plays as Gibbs on NCIS also had guest appearances on Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys mysteries.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not a huge fan of the clothing, I like the two outfits in the middle, but those shorts combined with some strange looking tops... not a fan, but maybe I will like it when I actually play it. I don't think I get what style they are going for.

clothes.png

I'm really annoyed looking at the tops actually. Looks like it's impossible for them to make pieces for females covering their belly. Just some variety would be nice.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    I like the clothes, although they do have something of a Scooby Doo thing going in the Trailer too

And I hope it's not all layered one-pieces they've got.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.