Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts/Plantsims revamped (Create a ghost/plantsim in CAS) #JusticeForOccults

Comments

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We really will have to wait to see the effect the new emotion will have on our Sims, and what's been changed for Ghosts. Plus, surely Ghosts react differently to the presence of Ghosts?

We don't even know which emotions will be switched for sure - Uncomfortable and Tense are sometimes appropriate when you're tired or in close quarters for too long, and there's Sad and Angry that might have reasons to be changed too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In my mind, one sim might become TENSE during a thunderstorm whereas another sim might become SCARED. Different people react differently in the same situation, why shouldn't sims?
    While I don't agree with baby ghosts, I do think that you should be able to create Ghosts of Children and Adults.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Scared emotion sounds great to me, I’m excited for that. I’m assuming there will be a new death type attributed to it too.

Regarding the ghost speculation, I’d be excited to see some new abilities for playable ghosts. Specifically, “Possess Sim”. This could give you temporary control over non-household sims like the Genie “Ensorcel” ability in Sims 3, or have an affect similar to the “Minionise” spell with options to “Be mean to...”, “Act like a chicken”, etc.

I’d love to see an option to “dissipate” that allows you to regain Energy need by disappearing into wherever npc ghosts go during the day.

Theres a lot of cool stuff they could do with it - I can’t wait. The Medium skill sounds so much fun.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I just wish they didn't break my toilets tubs sinks and showers all the time like do your other spookivities but all this water damage is bit much

They should only do this if you upset them and they feel the need to be vengeful. This is massive overkill in game.

EA can kill this and it should stay dead...

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I just wish they didn't break my toilets tubs sinks and showers all the time like do your other spookivities but all this water damage is bit much

They should only do this if you upset them and they feel the need to be vengeful. This is massive overkill in game.

Yes EA, hurry up and nerf occults some more. So much more permanent than going to the trouble of making friends with them.

You know, Ghosts breaking things is a great way to practice your Handiness skill and get free parts.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2021
    Loanet wrote: »

Yes EA, hurry up and nerf occults some more. So much more permanent than going to the trouble of making friends with them.

You know, Ghosts breaking things is a great way to practice your Handiness skill and get free parts.

This was screwed up from the get go. It shouldn't be happening EVERY time and after you repair it, it happens AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN in the SAME night!

Make use of the moods and break crap when they are angry or tense or whatever negative emotion they are feeling when active. They should be scarier. Also more helpful. The interactions should be more dependent on moods and relationships.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Loanet wrote: »

This was screwed up from the get go. It shouldn't be happening EVERY time and after you repair it, it happens AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN in the SAME night!

Make use of the moods and break ❤️❤️❤️❤️ when they are angry or tense or whatever negative emotion they are feeling when active. They should be scarier. Also more helpful. The interactions should be more dependent on moods and relationships.

It happens again because your ghosts are still mad at you. Focus on sucking up to your ghosts. Once you're friends, THEN fix things. And mop up AFTER you've fixed it.

Something tells me that some of the Spookies will break your things in a haunted house...
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    has any news for the patch of tomorrow or only they release the patch notes only tomorrow?
    Doesn't look like Ghosts will be unlocked or even changed at all this time.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This pack seemed more centered on the lot and house as opposed to any ghosts.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I do hope that they upgrade the actual Sims Ghosts this year.
    edited January 2021
    Perhaps they'll be upgraded in a spooky Game Pack now that we have Fear?

I think maybe the reason they're not unlocked is because the Devs are making a Skill Tree like with Spellcasters, Vampires and Mermaids? Then when you can create them, they will have full powers.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    I think there is still chance for ghosts in CAS. Just let me create a family with a ghost grandma or father in it, its a low hanging fruit to be honest.
  • RoseRyderRoseRyder Posts: 19 Member
    This is slightly off-topic and I apologize but I’m too new to be able to start a new post yet I desperately need some help, I have successfully made a ghost but now I can’t figure out how to place him in a non-residential lot such as a museum, I’ve tried making the museum into a residential lot but then of course you can’t change the lot type once you own it, I’ve tried the retail work around and bought that lot as a retail and then selling it and changing it to a museum but it still shows that he’s living in a vacant lot. I don’t want my ghost to live at the vacant lot I want him to live at the museum, has anyone else dealt with this problem before? I’d like to place him at the museum permanently while still having it be a museum lot type like the von haunt estate, any help would be welcome
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    RoseRyder wrote: »
    This is slightly off-topic and I apologize but I’m too new to be able to start a new post yet I desperately need some help, I have successfully made a ghost but now I can’t figure out how to place him in a non-residential lot such as a museum, I’ve tried making the museum into a residential lot but then of course you can’t change the lot type once you own it, I’ve tried the retail work around and bought that lot as a retail and then selling it and changing it to a museum but it still shows that he’s living in a vacant lot. I don’t want my ghost to live at the vacant lot I want him to live at the museum, has anyone else dealt with this problem before? I’d like to place him at the museum permanently while still having it be a museum lot type like the von haunt estate, any help would be welcome

I'm not going to say you can't, but the Von Haunt estate is a special lot type rather than an actual Museum lot type, so that's probably why the ghosts can live there. I know if you do something to them (give them Ambrosia, use Spells to resurrect them, add them to your household) the lot will spawn new versions of the ghost sims.

I know the Haunted lot trait/lot challenge will draw ghosts to a lot, but it won't pick specific ones.

If you're not adverse to mods (and not on console), I'm willing to bet there's one out there that will help you.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Yes to create a ghost in CAS that and also put plant sims there too plase
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    gamercat wrote: »
    Yes to create a ghost in CAS that and also put plant sims there too plase

yes, will they update them someday?
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2022
    I only wish ghosts were scary.

They could come with an update including funerals and graveyards.

If someone of the family with a good relationship with the sim dies, then the sim wouldn't be scared but happy to interact with the ghost. "Happy + from seeing the spirit of someone close. It's nice to see you again". If the sim doesn't know the ghost or doesn't have a good relationship with him, then the sim gets an intense scared react.

I agree ghost's needs should be updated too.

A little bit of pack-crossing... Seasons ~ Maybe ghosts could get tense around Jack O'lanterns 🎃 "Tense + From being a ghost ~ Those candles seem just a little too bright".
    Post edited by Elisdream on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2022
    Ghost Aspirations :
    • Resurrection : This ghost would like another chance.
    • Unfinished business : This ghost want to do something to find peace before leaving.
    • [Deviance] Embodied fear : Become the scariest ghost of the world

Of course the ghosts need powers to scare and possess people.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Ghost Aspirations :
    Resurrection : This ghost would like another chance.
    Unfinished business : This ghost want to do something to find the peace before leaving.
    [Deviance] Terror of afterlife : Become the most scary ghost in the world
    plase let this happen
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Ghost babise getting a special potion will make your ghost sim fertle .
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Ghost babise getting a special potion will make your ghost sim fertle .

It's risky , the baby may be a half ghost :p
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    RoseRyder wrote: »

I don't play with ghosts that often but it might be possible if you put the ghost urn in the museum or whatever lot you want.
    I only recently learned that ghosts will come out of their urn at night and go back in to sleep there. At least that's what my ghost was doing lol
    Try putting ghost urns on a lot and see if it works. Other than that no one can actually live on a non residential lot.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(