Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I am not familiar at all with Moonlight Falls! I love how you used them as characters in your story! You are an awesome story teller!!
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn, I have yet to leave any comments on your gifts on your Sims My Page, I haven't forgotten about you! My friend request is still pending :#
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    oliv3 wrote: »
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn, I have yet to leave any comments on your gifts on your Sims My Page, I haven't forgotten about you! My friend request is still pending :#

@Mmdrgntobldrgn On the sims 3, she's Olive_Oil444. Threw me (doesn't take much, let's face it) and then found out I'd been ignoring a fellow gift-exchanger. Ooops!
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member

@Mmdrgntobldrgn My friend request is also still pending.
    edited December 2020
    @oliv3

Thank you for spoiling me!! I had a lovely time enjoying the beautiful gifts you gave me in game!

I want to share some screenshots of Nellie Nelson enjoying her beautiful home (Ivy Loft). I borrowed @Rflong7 beautiful world Atira Island for Ivy Loft's location. My goodness! Does Nellie's home look beautiful in the gorgeous surrounding that RFLong created!

Nellie Nelson enjoying her home (Ivy Loft) in Atira Island
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

Nellie is good friends with one of my Sims, Vicky Delano and when she told her all about her beautiful home and the amazing surroundings of Atira Island.. Vicky decided to move there and she purchased the beautiful Pine Ranch.. Here are some screenshots of Vicky at Pine Ranch. <3
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I love the way you decorated both homes and how they blend in with their beautiful surroundings! <3
  • SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited December 2020
    Hi buddies (this also includes Addy and Ciane) :smiley:,

Thank you all very much for the kind words you said about my gifts. I appreciate it and am glad you like it. I'm sorry I won't return the favor by complimenting each and every gift you guys have made. It was my intention to respond to everybuddy in this give away individually. Only I waited to long so now I cannot bring myself to it anymore to work my way back to the point gifting began. All our muses worked overtime and there are just so many gifts to say something about (which almost sounds like a complaint, which is not, I assure you). Therefore this post with compliments for all my buddies. :blush: All the gifts are creative, awesome, original, well thought through and made with great attention. It's very inspiring. You're all talented builders. I have recommended all on the Exchange and probably will use some gifts in my game, maybe use them to fill up an empty town. I'll see, I'm still busy playing my lovely gifts. I have enjoyed being in this give away. Thank you Addy for hosting it and thank you buddies for being part of it. <3 Happy holidays.

I have one question: what is a rug as in rabbithole rugs. I feel I know what it is only that word, rug, in the context of rabbitholes, is unfamiliar to me.
    Post edited by SimLibby on
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

@LMC6255 Thank you! :heart:
    And thank you for using my world to showcase your gifts. You did a wonderful job showing them off. They look lovely.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Thank you! I hope it plays well for you. :heart:
    Gift #4 What a Cool Story of Slaine and Wulfrun. Carrefour is a Beautiful Mansion. :hushed:
    Gift #3 Aodh MacSithigh is such an intriguing story. Adorable and a beautiful horse. :heart:
    Gift #2 MacNeill Cabin - I love hidden cabins and buildings. The story of them going there is fascinating. :mrgreen:

@TEXASKITTYKAT
    Gift #4 Byron Cruz Thanks! I love using Sims created by others. Mainly because mine look all alike - Byron is adorable. :heart:
    ~ I hope it helps if you have launcher problems (IE). :)
    Gift #3 Tina's Ranch house is Adorable - the layout and colors just too cute. I love ranch houses - Thanks. :mrgreen:
    Gift #2 Tina's Modern House - How Cool! I'm in love with the vibrant colors ~and the layout with all the decorations. :cookie:
    Gift #1 Tina Murphy is the Perfect sim for the houses you build... or you made the perfect houses for Tina! :heart:

@suzses Aw, Strawberri Creme (Love her!) gives a seasonal tweak to the house. That's a cute touch. The house looks like gingerbread house now, too. <3
    Gift 5A - Strawberri Creme
    Gift 5B - Mountainview for the Holidays
    Gift 4 - Mountainview Looks perfect with or without Snow. :cookie:

@BreeMiles ~ "No Buddy's Left Behind!! <3" 99 Landgraab Place~That's a Lovely build! I didn't know there were Buddies left behind. :(
    Ya'll are so sweet. :heart:

@ADWilson Cool! I love Explorer Sims and you wrote a fun story for her. :mrgreen:

@LMC6255 Nona~ Natural Cook- Good Sense of Humor-Dramatic-Family Oriented-and a Hopeless Romantic
    She's a fun Sim I'll add to a neighborhood. I like those Traits. :lol:

@Puddinroy GIFT #3: OMGoodness! I just wanna hug & squeeze them. <3

@soocoolsim Gift #3 - Thunderdome Arena O.O OMGoodness~How Fabulous and Creative!

@60smusicluvr
    Gift #3 Hidden Treasure ~That is just too cute! :heart:

@Hidehi
    Gift # 3 Lewis Hamilton - What a Fun and creative idea! :heart:

I hope I commented to everyone. I don't want anyone to feel left out. If I missed you, it wasn't on purpose. :hugz:
    I love the sharing and the comradery of these events. :heart:

Thanks again, @ADWilson for hosting and for everyone for taking the time to participate. :hugz:

@cmbaker16
    I put your gifts in my Cake World. I thought they'd be happy there.
    1. The Weather-Who Home
    ffIIXyU.jpg

2. I'm sure she loves it... :lol:
    IC5eO27.jpg

3. The Mascot loves the pool. He uses it right away.
    El99Mqd.jpg

4. They go to the the Faire Folk Festival
    lJP6ahh.jpg

5. Once they check in, Merry Weather-Who checks out the Carousel. XD
    lN2fz8W.jpg

6. I saw the adorable wedding area!
    g2d5rQg.jpg

7. How cute- a hideway picnic area
    NlgqwSS.jpg

8. Kandi wandered off to try some special treatment
    TkWrCO8.jpg

9. Hahahaa! I don't what outfit I'm missing but I just love that she's wearing this. :lol:
    G9ybNHj.jpg

10. The rooms upstairs
    BDotCpI.jpg

Thanks again. :hugz: :mrgreen:

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thank you, everyone, for commenting on each other's gifts.
    Another round of thank yous for those who shared screenshots showing their gifts in action.

These two things make my heart happy!
    <3
    @Rflong7 My pleasure! Thank you for building Atira Island!! The scenery is so picturesque!! I love the color scheme, the beautiful residences I got from @oliv3 look amazing there! @SamelaRita Thanks for letting me borrow your beautiful gift! I am looking forward to the fantastic stories you will write with Atira Island as your new surroundings!
    I'm just warning ya'll, there's a reason for the destroyed cabin/area on the far side of the hills...
    ke9Sd9N.jpg

I call him, Rex. Don't go too far on that side. He's mean!
    LLcF2FU.jpg

Plus, the top floor of the Consignment is a nod to Bob's Burgers. I was streaming it while building and they might have gotten into my head. :lol:
    ER6Dpjf.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Sorry I wasn't around as much as I wanted to be. Thank you for all the well wishes. I've read that vertigo usually just lasts a few minutes and can't figure out why I've been dizzy and sick all week. The good news is that I'm learning to live with a new norm and getting better. I look forward to feeling much better and getting to see more of all the gifts in game sometime soon.

Loved the REX pic!

More time has been spent in game playing with @SamelaRita's castle. I highly recommend it and would love to see how your stories and castles turn out.

Here's more on my play for anyone interested:
    https://cianesims.home.blog/story/jess1/

And I do hope you all share more pics and stories with your gifts over time.

Thank you to everyone who participated. I loved all the creativity and will enjoy closer looks in the future.
    @ciane The castle's coming on nicely! Like the dungeon/bathroom combo as well. Hope you go on getting better and better.
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

First of all thank you so much everyone for your lovely and encouraging comments on my builds and sims. :D<3

I'm afraid I will not have the chance to catch up with everybody individually. But I've been working hard ;) . . . setting up a world and playing with all your fun-tastic builds and sims and here is the result as a Thank You!!! and a ' Fabulous Job!!!-Well Done!!!'-compliment to you all :D .

Warning >:) spoiler contains a massive screenshot dump ... there are a lot of fabulous gifts (pictures are in no particular order) :o ... but I hope you'll enjoy looking at them and having fun finding your own creation among them.

mSMQLwp.png

F6XEtyj.png

QjHgKDx.png

9B1SiXU.png

k27V492.png

pyqsebi.png

XFld4VT.png

Ju2OfOK.png

T2ppxRO.png

wGmE4Zf.png

iQCH4Uy.png

mbOb3un.png

V6uzJuC.png

l3YIyzD.png
    @Hidehi - What a great collection of shots! Love the way everything looks covered in snow.
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    @LMC6255 - Love to see that Nellie is pleased with her new home! Ivy Loft fits perfectly in @Rflong7's Atira Island. The autumn-colored trees brighten up the Loft’s darken wooded exterior. It most definitely belongs in that world!

Vicky Delano looks like the perfect best friend and neighbor; I am sure Nellie would feel comfortable to call Miss Delano to ask to borrow a cup of sugar. Pine Ranch looks beautiful in Atira Island as well!! Beautiful world that would work with many home styles!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and I am glad to see that you’re enjoying your gifts!
    edited December 2020
    @Hidehi How wonderful of you to showcase all the Gifts! The pictures are so fun to look at and the layout a Fabulous. :heart:
    Thank you for do it. :cookie:
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited December 2020
    It was great seeing the pics of all the builds and sims in winter! So very nice of you to do that @Hidehi ☃️🌟

Have been super busy but did manage to sneak in a bit of gameplay with my lovely presents and am looking forward to chilling with the Sims after Christmas. Also still hoping at some point to circle back and complete individual comments on the other buddy gifts :smile:

Edit... ps, I can't believe Jeff didn't change into his outwear in the snow. That's too funny and so fitting with his wrestler character lol.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Hidehi what a lovely showcase dear, the builds all look so beautiful in the snow! All the sims and pets look like that they are having a wonderful time. I love the Stay Safe pic and yes we should all keep our seat belts on, lest not we all get thrown threw the windshield! :D Thank you kindly for putting together this showcase and sharing with us <3
    @Hidehi Wow and Thank you! I loved the screenshots of everyone's gift in game! <3 The builds look gorgeous in the Winter scenery! Seeing everyone's sims and pets in action made me smile ear to ear! :)
    @LMC6255 - Love to see that Nellie is pleased with her new home! Ivy Loft fits perfectly in @Rflong7's Atira Island. The autumn-colored trees brighten up the Loft’s darken wooded exterior. It most definitely belongs in that world!

Vicky Delano looks like the perfect best friend and neighbor; I am sure Nellie would feel comfortable to call Miss Delano to ask to borrow a cup of sugar. Pine Ranch looks beautiful in Atira Island as well!! Beautiful world that would work with many home styles!

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and I am glad to see that you’re enjoying your gifts!

My pleasure! I enjoyed exploring your beautiful builds in game! Nellie is a lovely Sim and Atira Island was the perfect setting! :)
    @Hidehi That's an amazing set of pictures! And they do all look great in the snow. It was such fun seeing them all together and looking at the sheer amount of talent on display (pauses to be awestruck by it all). Thanks for doing it. :D

It has been an absolute pleasure @ciane, @Rflong7 @BreeMiles , @soocoolsim , @LMC6255 , @SamelaRita ... the amount of awe-sim-ness this Gift Exchange has encouraged has blown me away too and I am really looking forward to spending some more time exploring and enjoying all the gifts properly :D<3

@Rflong7 :D , thought I'd just let you know you: my sim ain't scared of the big bad Rex on Atira Island :p ....

UqFyEQd.png
    :smiley: I finished the castle reno. Thank you again so much @SamelaRita. I loved the challenge.

The finale to the story is here: https://cianesims.home.blog/story/jess3/

And here's a final shot:
    screenshot-76.jpg
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @Hidehi Love your in-the-snow photo spread. I really enjoyed the pictures you shared last year and hoped you'd do something similar this time, which you did. :) Just curious: Do you have the windows from Tiny Prodigies (and installed?). I noticed in your picture they don't show up on Coastal Cottage on the second floor above the porch roof. I did move the house from one lot to another in my game, and they didn't disappear so, hopefully, that won't be an issue for everyone. Off the top of my head, I can really only think of one other window that would fit up there (would have to look up its name/source if anyone would like to know).

I wish I had everyone's builds and sims and other things in my game to check out (I did put in @Rflong7 's beautiful Atira Island, barely got to look it over, but love what I saw), but it's looking like an after-Christmas activity for me. Oh well. There was so much in the exchange to love, and I do really wish I could play with it all *right now!* I have plans for a few other builds beyond the lovelies @BreeMiles made for my AP challenge game, but under challenge rules, I have to get the kiddos raised up to live in them or earn them if they're community lots before I can put them in. Planning to add in a few of the pets, too.

@ciane Loved reading and looking over what you did with the castle reno. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top