Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homebound Holiday Gift Exchange ~ Closed!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Welcome back @Rflong7 :)
    Welcome back @BreeMiles :)
    SimLibby wrote: »
    This sounds like fun. Yesterday when I saw this topic under construction, I already started my buddy letter. But I need some time to fill it out and to find a fun balance between controlling the gift (by given detailed answers to the questions in the letter) and letting it go (not elaborate to much to those questions) and just see what happens. :smiley:

It is fun and we're glad you're putting together a Buddy letter!
    I agree ... it can be a challenge between wanting to make a detailed list and loosening controls to see what others come up with but am sure you'll do just fine. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    @ciane wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that by medium lot sizes (3x3, 3x4, 4x4) you meant 30x30, 30x40, and 40x40, right @Rflong7? Great to see you and LMC6255 back again! And, woot! Great to see you here too, SimLibby!

Yes, I did 30x30/40x40. :blush:
    I've been playing a lot of TS2. :lol:

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @Rflong7 @BreeMiles Seeing your buddy letter made me smile ear to ear!! @SimLibby yes gift exchanges are lots of fun! Welcome! :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Oh another one =)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Username: Graceymanor

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Springfairy556/mystudio

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All expansions

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All stuff packs, except sweet treats

I own the following Store Content: Too much to list, I'm currently making a list of store items, if I get it done I'll add it.
    Otherwise feel free to use anything except for mother russia items or prisam art studio items, if I don't own it, I'll buy it or replace it.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All EA made worlds- Gold Version of Sunlit Tides, Midnight Hollow, the rest
    are basic versions

Some of my favorite colors are: Natural colors like tans, browns light blues

I really don’t like this color: Neon colors, I like them but I have migraines. :'(

I love to use items from this set: Indulgent Bakery set! I am constantly adding this to the homes I download.XD

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I don't ever play in EA made worlds, but my pick would be Appaloosa Plains.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link):
    Addenbrooke: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/558939/addenbrooke-new-beta-ready-lots-of-pics-pg31/p1
    Twin Cities: https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/large/twin-towns/
    And all of Rflong7's worlds are my favorites.

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) Traditional homes, Historic Manors, Farm houses
    https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simpleview/image/upload/c_fill,h_603,q_75,w_1608/v1/clients/wilmington-redesign/8721f112_2134_404c_81b0_f1bde01845a0_1ed243db-c388-488f-b374-f383a206f3f7.jpg
    I absolotely love these types of homes!

I really don’t want this in my game: Victorians - I really tried to enjoy Victorians, I did, but I just can't. I don't ever play in them.
    And Modern homes.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) Please no odd sizes like 32x41 or 45x44 etc, but I have a gaming PC now, so large lots work as well as any lot size in the game.

I want/don’t want berry sims: I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of berry sims.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) The only occult sims I play are ghosts and werewolves.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) I prefer dogs, but small dogs.Large dogs cause free will issues in my game/

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Maybe 3 or 4 points in cooking.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) Cooking

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) Cooking, Gardening, Piano

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) Their own car.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!)

I'm currently in need of community lot places for my sims to hang in particular bars, showtime venues, or anything that will get my sim out of the house, would love resorts as well. For homes, my sims is currently living in a rural town on the outskirts of a city, she is dating a super star celeb. And he could use a nice home.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

I prefer not to build big huge mansions. And prefer doing 50x50 or smaller lots.If adding a pool to the home, if you could incorporate a fence around the property that would be great! As I have random sims trying to sim in my pools like its free game LOL.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: Mmdrtobldrgn aka Mama Dragon aka Grandma Dragon

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: (read no. 3 listed above!) https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Mmdrgntobldrgn

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: all

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: all

I own the following Store Content: all, except treasure hunt reward and target ea card items

I own the following EA-made Worlds: all

Some of my favorite colors are: blue, green, hot pink, black, grey

I really don’t like this color: to much pastel

I love to use items from this set: currently no favorite sets

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Dragon Valley is my love but I've been bouncing around of late

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): Just browse Rflongs studio's, currently playing Mt Holbston

I enjoy this style of build the most: (Examples: Craftsman, Victorian, Modern) run down in need of tlc, and within a sims starting budget

I really don’t want this in my game: ... ??? ... can't think of anything this time

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: (If you’re a fan of tiny lots, then here is a great place to mention that! If larger lots make your game lag while loading them, mention it!) I've been sticking to a range between 20x30 to 40x40. I've noticed if a lot has to much content store/packs it takes longer to load.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Sims of all hues are welcome in my game.

I want/don’t want occult sims: (Be sure to specifically list those that you are fine with or mention which ones you don’t want to see in your game!) There are no outcasts in my game, all sims are welcome.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: (Like cats more than dogs? Prefer cute puppies to horses? Don’t want any critters? Mention it!) Okay my updated pc & laptop can handle pets, but I still haven't played with more than a few (4) in the house with my sims.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? (Example: A couple of points, but not maxed out) Surprise me. I'm good either way.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? (Example: A few points in Cooking would be nice so sims don’t burn the grilled cheese and can make more than a mean bowl of cereal!) I'm just going to point out that I've had a level 10 cooking skill sim nearly burn down the house, so I leave the question of to skill or not to skill up to the gifter.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? (Example: I love having sims that can cook, garden, paint and write so having those skilling objects would be awe-sim!) Only if it ties in with any accompanying sims & their ltw.

How do your sims travel around town? Taxi ... vehicle ... bicycle/scooter ... horse ... broom? (Mention your preference and whether you want a parking spot or two, garage, bike racks, stable, broom stand. Some sims prefer to put transportation in their inventory, if applicable.) It all depends on the sim.

Other: (Describe here anything that you’d really like that might or might not have been previously mentioned!) Simple is good, so is challenging; as long as the gifter enjoys making it. Something to take me out of my comfort zone with a new twist. I love exploring the games base mechanics. For instance I recently learned that sometimes pd will show up and arrest the burglar even if you don't have an alarm and no one calls.

Here would be a good place to mention what you do NOT feel comfortable making. There are Simmers who don’t enjoy occult things … they shouldn’t have to create that for another or receive that type of gift in return. This is just one example off the top of my head and I’m sure there are other preferences I haven’t thought of. If you would rather send a private message to me with your answer, please feel free to do so.

This text is to certify that I have read ALL the posts and will follow the rules for participation as well as pay attention to important dates.
    ~ end of form ~

Let me know if I need to clarify anything for anyone.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yay. I will get my game reinstalled tomorrow and fill out my buddy letter!
    :) Smile!

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Yay, more return simmers! It looks like a great gift exchange is in the works!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited October 2020
    A gift exchange! And getting to see other people's creativity! And there's no way we'll be away ( :'( for that, admittedly) so there'll be lots of time to view things :D:D:D for that. @BreeMiles @Rflong7 @LMC6255 @GraceyManor @Mmdrgntobldrgn @ciane already. And @SimLibby to get to know...Are you coming too @Puddinroy ?

Send me a friend request if you can't see my page and you're joining the exchange. I keep my friends list down to people I'm actually interacting with, otherwise the page gets filled up too quickly and I miss seeing posts I really want to see.

Here's my letter...
    Username: Samelarita

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/SamelaRita
    I have installed the following Expansion Packs: All of them.

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: All except Sweet Treats

I own the following Store Content: Just about everything except Collection Stancke. And I'm happy to pick up odds and ends if they're in a build. And I don't have any Sweet Treats stuff, obviously.

I own the following EA-made Worlds: All of them

Some of my favorite colors are: Greens, blues, natural tones, autumn tones.

I really don’t like this color: Pink. Especially that Barbie pink – the odd bit of dusty pinks are fine. And I’m not mad on red or orange in large quantities either, nor purple. A little bit of soft purples are fine as accent colours, but I would probably redocorate a very pink or purple room.

I love to use items from this set: All the farm sets, all the cottage sets, anything a bit historical or rural.

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: I’m playing in Lucky Palms at the moment, but for its landscape, not its architecture – I actually stripped it before I started using it.

I enjoy playing in this custom world (please include link): N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: Actually, dilapidated would probably be the word I’d use here! Or Having Potential, as estate agents say.

I really don’t want this in my game: Occult stuff, because I’m not writing that sort of story. Ditto the space age futuristic stuff – it wouldn’t go with what I’m playing at the moment.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: Smaller ones would be nice, as I’ve got a few large ones going at the moment. 30x30 and downwards would be ideal.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Don’t want. They don’t fit the story I’m writing.

I want/don’t want occult sims: Don’t want. They don’t fit the story I’m writing.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Pets are fine if they’re an integral part of the story. I do quite like horses.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? A couple of points is nice, and gives them a bit more personality if they’ve got a backstory.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? Don’t mind. Whatever goes with who they are.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? My poor sims usually start with nothing! Anything that goes with their backstory.

How do your sims travel around town? Rusty old bike!

Other: I really like renovacies - link here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920867/the-renovacy-challenge-a-new-and-short-challenge/p1
    and here’s a link to my storywriting as well: the one called Changing Seasons is the one I’m doing at the moment. It starts at Spring, part 1
    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?rinli=1&pli=1&blogID=5280815111559791467#allposts
    https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2020/02/changing-seasons-spring-part-1_6.html
    BUT: you don't have to make something to match in with the Changing Seasons storyline and landscape. I will enjoy anything, and sometimes it's nice to have something just to play instead of writing off the back of it. I do enjoy start-with-nothing-and-work-your-way-up play though.

~ end of form ~
    Post edited by SamelaRita on
    Welcome back @GraceyManor :)
    Welcome back @Mmdrgntobldrgn :)
    Welcome back @SamelaRita :)
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    Yay. I will get my game reinstalled tomorrow and fill out my buddy letter!

Yay!
    Tagging a few Simmers who were Buddies before, hoping they're able to join in the fun again!

@60smusicluvr
    @AlphaFFrog
    @DinoJr
    @equuest
    @Hidehi
    @Jessabeans
    @KaytayRoall
    @Kesminlix
    @Kgaff
    @Mystik1978
    @seaben
    @suzses
    Waves "Hi" back at you and to everyone else!
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    It may be later today or tonight before I can fill out my buddy letter.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
    :) Smile!

• LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @GraceyManor @Mmdrgntobldrgn @SamelaRita @Puddinroy Hurray! I am so happy to see more buddies return!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited October 2020
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Buddy Letter form:

Username: oliv3 :)

Link to your Sims 3 My Page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/0live_0il444

I have installed the following Expansion Packs: ALL

I have installed the following Stuff Packs: Outdoor living

I own the following Store Content: I own a decent amount, not nearly the entire store. Willing to delete & replace whatever though. I buy pieces here and there, but I have the following completed sets and venues:

Club Vaindenburger Den + Study, Stones Throw Greenhouse, Mediterranean Villa Kitchen/Dining, Island Villa, Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center, The Boardwalk, The Now & Then Century Manor, Bohemian Garden, Deliciously Indulgent Bakery, Faire Folk Outdoors, Serenity Retreat, Grandpa’s Grove, Mid-Century Modern Collection, Luxury Spa Set, One With Nature, Brunch at the Old Mill, The Golden Ticket Toy Shop, Sun, Surf & Tan, Glitter & Glam bedroom, Once Upon a Time Cottage

I own the following EA-made Worlds: Midnight Hollow, Riverview, Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms, Barnacle Bay

Some of my favorite colors are: white, neutral colors, pastel colors

I really don’t like this color: N/A

I love to use items from this set: cottage & farm sets

I prefer to play in this EA-made World: Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, Riverview & Lucky Palms

I enjoy playing in this custom world: N/A

I enjoy this style of build the most: Modern, suburban, cottage, craftsmen & Farmhouses

I really don’t want this in my game: I don’t usually like anything taller than 3-story in a build.

I would or would not like lots in the following sizes: I usually don’t play on lots bigger than 40 x 40. I prefer to play on tiny to medium size lots.

I want/don’t want berry sims: Wouldn’t mind trying a berry sim!

I want/don’t want occult sims: I don’t love occult sims but wouldn’t mind it if it fits the narrative.

I want/don’t want pets in the household: Usually, I only play with cats or dogs.

Do you want your sims and/or pets skilled up for you? If so, how much? Couple of points here and there. Nothing crazy unless it fits your narrative.

Are there certain skills you want skilled because you really like having them ready when you start with a new sim or household? 1 cooking skill.

Are there particular skill items that you really like having in a build? I love having sims that can paint, garden and cook!!

How do your sims travel around town? Typically, by vehicle or bicycle, but open to whatever :)

Other: I haven’t done a play challenge lately, so that could always be an option. Also, wouldn’t mind dabbling with something historical whether that be a build or a sim :)

~ end of form ~
    Welcome @oliv3 :)
    Hi, @oliv3 :cookie:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top