Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - Updated February 3rd

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Chapter 2.23
    My gosh. Silver scared the hashbrowns out of me.

Am gonna go drink something before commenting. If you were going for horror though, think I threw up my heart somewhere along the way. :astonished:
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    edited July 2021
    @mercuryfoam

Hashbrowns and heart vomit were what I was going for...
    ...they can join the huge puddle of Seth's machismo on the floor.
    pMaN3xq.png
    Post edited by SnuffyBucket on
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Chapter 2.23
    Well seeing Seth running away terrified was certainly a turn... so Seth was once in The Tower, interesting. Presumably he would have been a human then, unless the Wangshafts made the facility multi-use for their vampire hunting needs too? Nah, they would have just killed off the vamps.

This really makes me wonder how the whole "Seth can't lie" thing worked in the first place. Has he deleted the reason he can't lie from his memory too? Is he repeating previous behaviour? Will we be seeing cat lady again? I'm losing any ability of coherently articulating any thoughts now, so that's all I have for now.

Bobblygraph!
    I so wanted to name this chapter 'Bobblygraph' but thought that down-played the drama of it somewhat.

@ThePlumbob
    Yes indeedy. Whoever silver-haired woman is, the scars of her run deep. He was in The Tower, yes. More on that soon.
    Ah, now we're getting somewhere in the tinfoil theories! He previously mentioned that his inability to lie was 'equilibrium' but was that really true or was it just as true as he could fathom? By cat lady I assume you mean the glowing-eyed lady and if so yes, oh yes, we'll be seeing her again. >:)

@DeafSimmer
    Hey, welcome back! Melinda is definitely in an unhappy place right now. Seth; well, up until this point he wasn't really bothered by anything. I guess he should have taken Lilith's advice to leave Faith alone lest he risk corrupting himself.
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 2.23
    I completely forgot about this in the rambling mess of a comment that I just left you... but what on earth did Caleb do with six students, three thousand simoleons, a pool table and a lobster in a Britechester bar? :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 2.23
    I completely forgot about this in the rambling mess of a comment that I just left you... but what on earth did Caleb do with six students, three thousand simoleons, a pool table and a lobster in a Britechester bar? :D

@_sims_Yimi
    Something unspeakable.
    Almost Eternal
    Chapter 2.23
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »

@_sims_Yimi
    Something unspeakable.
    If the students were able to afford lobster, they had it coming. :D
    edited May 2021

Sacrifice a little control

Chapter 2.24 - Ego Blow

Post edited by SnuffyBucket on
    Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    Yes, silly drunk Lilith. And what issue could that be? o:)
    Almost Eternal
    edited January 2021
    @SnuffyBucket
    Ego Blow
    I forgot to pen down my most obvious theory. I also thought Silver hair could be Seth's 'mama'. GAH. I simply can't find the right word this early in the morning. Y'know, that person who collects street kids and sends them out to pickpocket/rob/w.e other people, then collects the spoils from them? The english word for this eludes me for some reason. So I guess the closest I can come to is that she could be Seth's adoptive parent. But parent comes with emotional associations and stuff so that isn't it either. I don't think I'm making sense. :sweat_smile:

Edit: Or it could be actually rainbows and unicorns and this is just me being dark as usual. Sorry to anyone reading this comment and if I spoiled your meal.
    edited January 2021
    @mercuryfoam
    I don't know what the word is, but I know what you mean, like Fagin in Oliver Twist? Time will tell. And I think that anyone who has read up to this point in Almost Eternal probably knows not to eat and/or drink while reading the chapters or any comments on them by now. :D
    Almost Eternal

He was already dead when I found him

Chapter 2.25 - The Silent Man

Almost Eternal
    @DeafSimmer
    We do indeed, at least 2 of them. You'll find out more about Broof's missing magical mojo soon. And yes, probably, but I'm sure they'll have something new to report soon.

They just would not stay on the bar stools. I tried deleting the sofa and they went and sat on the bed instead. :D
    Almost Eternal
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    Chapter 2.25
    Rant incoming! The recent chapters with Seth and Faith in them never fail to leave me feeling outraged, disturbed or both. :D

Wow, Faith. So first you break down in front of Melinda over your failed whirlwind romance with a murderous psychopath, relying on Melinda to pick up the pieces and put you back together (which puts a huge strain on the person doing it, especially if it’s a regular thing. I would know. I am the same). Then you turn around and go back to said murderous psychopath anyway. And then you not only bring him into their house, but you rub having gone back to him in Melinda’s face, like it’s some funny joke? That is beyond cruel and uncaring. Relying on her when you need her and completely disregarding her feelings when you don’t. Like it’s some sort of attention lever that you can pull to feel better.

Her butchering the word fopdoodle ( :joy: ) mocking her “bleeding heart” made me irrationally angry, probably because I share Melinda’s opinions. It’s that “bleeding heart” that keeps putting you back together when you destroy yourself, Faith. Keep doing that and it might not be there next time.

Don't worry, I swear I'm enjoying myself. My rants come from investment :mrgreen:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited February 2021
    @_sims_Yimi
    I do love a good rant. <3
    When I started writing that scene I thought 'Yimi is going to absolutely hate this'. (Hence reference to fopdoodle, because you were on my mind). Of course Faith will butcher it; it helps to further belittle and objectify her 'little doggy'. Although, I see that you are still mostly referring to Seth as a description rather than his name, too. ;)
    Like it’s some sort of attention lever that you can pull to feel better.
    Pretty much all of Faith's relationships in a nutshell.
    Keep doing that and it might not be there next time.
    Hot darn, this arrow is so, so close, but maybe not for the reason you think. :sweat_smile:

I am glad you're enjoying yourself because you promised you'd be here 'til the end and we have a long way down.

Almost Eternal

Screw humanity, let's all get blitzed!

Chapter 2.26 - Crash Helmets

Almost Eternal
    Chapter 2.26
    So... I'm all for some AE vampire lore here. I have a lot of unanswered questions about undead fertility now thanks to you and Plumbob. I think it was mentioned that you've got some hidden gem somewhere tucked away about it *ahem* lol *cough* and would appreciate the share. Previously it was mentioned that Seth's skin grafted itself. So assuming vampire's bodily systems are all borked and not-functional, that would mean that their ability to survive depends on their regenerative powers? Does that mean Seth's displayed regen is a shared trait among vampires or his own?

Going by the 'all vamps can self-regen' theory, does this regeneration power maintain their internal bloodwork? So consumed human blood turns into vamp blood via this power instead of my basic theory in your comments that prey blood gets pumped into their blood vessels? Or that it doesn't matter because vamp physiology is different with human's? And then, their organs die as they age. I'm assuming their organs selectively die? Because their brain can't die. Otherwise they'll really be zombies! :lol: So the regen works on 'essential' organs? Or here as well, human biology doesn't apply to vampires? Or it could be more out of the box thinking that I'm not doing. Ah I think I remember Plumbob explaining to me that vamps in vamp chronicles have this preservation trait that makes them stay a certain way even after death. I can see it being applicable here since AE vamps preserve their mental/brain's biological state and can't mature out of it. So AE vamps have this trait? If they do, why do their organs shrivel over time?

My geek mode is activated haha. I'd apologise but this is kinda fun to think about :lol:
    @DeafSimmer
    Interesting theories. I'm not sure I could handle a world full of 'mini-Fringeys' but that's not to say that one day you won't meet one. I wasn't intending on turning this into an epic, never-ending vampire legacy but that does sound fascinating. One day the whole town would just be vampiric relatives of your main sim. Who would they feed on? I have only 13 vampires in my game right now, and I already struggle to feed them.
    Almost Eternal
    @mercuryfoam
    A Very Brief Study into Vampire Bodily Functions
    By S. Bucket and M. Foam
    Firstly, very important to highlight, that the vampires Plumbob has captured and locked up in her story are a different breed to mine, so there are many notable differences.

It is really hard to answer your questions without massive spoilers. :sweat_smile: I really don't know that this will be satisfying, but here we go.
    ...that their ability to survive depends on their regenerative powers? Does that mean Seth's displayed regen is a shared trait among vampires or his own?
    All vampires have this ability.
    ...does this regeneration power maintain their internal bloodwork? So consumed human blood turns into vamp blood via this power instead of my basic theory in your comments that prey blood gets pumped into their blood vessels?
    No. All the blood they have is from prey so is arguably human blood; they don't have the ability to produce their own and no heartbeat to move it around hence its congealed, black appearance.
    Or that it doesn't matter because vamp physiology is different with human's?
    All the bits are in the same place in both, but vamp and human physiology is different.
    And then, their organs die as they age. I'm assuming their organs selectively die? ... So AE vamps have this trait? If they do, why do their organs shrivel over time?
    Organs don't die, really more that they weaken through lack of use and the blackness is the congealed blood stuff in them. But as you identified, the brain is a notable exception.
    Ch. 1.43

“Lilith says that ‘we can’t be perceived by anything other than a compensating eye as we contradict all the laws of nature’, being both alive and dead,” Caleb explained. “I think it’s something to do with not having a soul.”

“Wow. Do we even exist at all?”

“Arguably not.”
    Almost Eternal
    edited February 2021
    @mercuryfoam
    I can confirm that there is no universal representation of vampires, so I have no further insights into AE vamp reproduction than you do. In BC land, there would be zero chance April would be pregnant, but in BC land, Caleb would also still be an eternal toddler. Possibly with the mind of an adult. Which kind of makes me think of Time Baby. And now I'm way off topic, oops.

Edit: I've pondered about this further.
    in BC land, Caleb would also still be an eternal toddler. Possibly with the mind of an adult.
    Ironically, in AE land Caleb is an adult with the mind of an eternal toddler.

Which would mean AE is the exact opposite of BC, therefore April must be pregnant :open_mouth:

Solid theory, that! :D
    Post edited by ThePlumbob on
    @ThePlumbob @mercuryfoam
    Edit: I've pondered about this further.
    in BC land, Caleb would also still be an eternal toddler. Possibly with the mind of an adult.
    Ironically, in AE land Caleb is an adult with the mind of an eternal toddler.

Which would mean AE is the exact opposite of BC, therefore April must be pregnant :open_mouth:

Solid theory, that!

I was thinking this as I read it. Although a toddler with the brain of an adult reminds me of Stewie from Family Guy. Now I'm wondering which is worse. Is a toddler operating an urge-driven, adult monster better than an adult controlling a toddler and luring in prey with his cuteness? Although Caleb does still manage to draw in plenty of prey with his adult face, not that he really understands it.

Yep, BC and AE are exact opposites, so she must be with sprog. :D Definitely a solid theory that. Although, as we have previously discussed (because these details need lots of careful thought from all angles so we're prepared when we get questions, obvs, and not just because we're deranged ;)) AE vamps don't remain in that 'freshly dead' state that BC ones do. So the functionality of the, um... 'fertile fluids' may be somewhat impaired.

Time will tell. Next week perhaps, if Faith is right. :joy:
    Almost Eternal