Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Almost Eternal - On Hiatus

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,752 Member
    @SnuffyBucket
    @_sims_Yimi
    Yay! I try to pose Mel and her folks with similar expressions and use similar language so I'm glad you picked up on that feeling of similarity... unless you're saying all my sims look alike, which is probably valid.

Melinda was simply allowed to be a 'daughter' whereas Faith was breadwinner/carer and April was publicity tool/punch bag 😕. I've been trying out some new story taglines, to draw in different readers who might think 'vampires, nope' and miss all this fun stuff about broken teenaged thinking and complex psychological damage. I would value your input. How about:

Almost Eternal: parenting gone a bit wrong

?
    Haha no, I meant them being similar in that first way. :mrgreen: Lol, parenting gone just a little bit wrong indeed. And to think that so much of this could have been avoided if only Sandy had been a proper human being instead of whatever vanity demon possessed her plastic self. "Parenting gone a bit wrong with a dash of vampirism"? "A dummy's guide to psychological damage"? I have no idea. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member

Is card the only way to pay?

Chapter 2.17 - Burn It All

Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal

Stuck in a bleeding nightmare

Chapter 2.18 - Nobody Died

Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket I never noticed this before but it looks like Jessica and Ralf in your profile picture are looking down at what's going on in your banner in disbelief and scratching their heads. I love it. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited January 2021
    @SnuffyBucket

Song section
    Chuck looks adorable! He looks like that neighbour down the road who smiles and greets everyone and genuinely listens about your day etc. dawww! I can't.

And then I didn't expect this to happen:
    - Start dancing to '???: Fall Out Boy – Novocaine'. Like seriously. This song, the beat, the energy. I love this! (p.s - I am aware it's not a happy song and feel for the characters, but I just need to jig. :lol:)
    - Become a sad puddle listening to Chuck's 'Bruce Springsteen – Glory Days'. The song sounded so happy too. Chuck, you poor thing. :cry:

P.S - if you know a dance choreography to Novocaine please link me. :)
    @_sims_Yimi
    I was trying to get it so they were looking at my post content in disbelief, but banner works too. :D

@mercuryfoam
    Is there a dance routine to Novocaine? I don't really know. I tend to just jump about, waving my arms, unless it comes on while I'm typing in which case I opt for hitting the keys aggressively instead. No, it's not a happy song but
    perhaps don't feel too bad for that character ;)
    Almost Eternal
    edited January 2021

Welcome to the manor

Chapter 2.19 - Dirt

Almost Eternal

People do weird things

Chapter 2.20 - Oh No!

Almost Eternal
    edited January 2021
    The comment on your blog was turning into a novel, so I’m putting Detective and Detectnot on your thread, instead! :mrgreen:
    Ralf tries oh so very hard to do as little as possible that it’s almost inspirational. I wonder how much time he spends fussing about how to get out from under his responsibilities. And how much the Wangshafts are paying him to stay chief. A police officer that is a natural lazybones, would rather drink than investigate and can be bribed to ignore evidence is the perfect guy to keep in charge for them. No wonder they keep inviting him for monthly updates. Ralf is completely in their pocket. I wonder if the reason why Rose’s file was never investigated is also because the Wangshafts told Ralf to let it die.

I wonder how clever Jess is. She’s already right about her hunch regarding Caleb, but I wonder if she’ll recognize the blood bags as being a clinical item and connect the dots to Lilith. It’s a small chance, but she seems pretty perceptive and good at puzzling things out. If Ralf wasn’t slowing her down, she might have already caught up to the runaway quartet.
    …. On second thought, keep slowing her down, Ralf. Yeeeees. Nice and slow. For the love of apple pie don’t let Jess become a captive human in their basement. :worried:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ralf tries oh so very hard to do as little as possible that it’s almost inspirational.
    I know, right? He is putting a great amount of work into avoiding work, it's kind of amazing - and probably takes way more effort than doing the actual work would, haha.
    I already pmed you my cat-banshee strangulated forecasts, wrote a lethal comment on your chapter, but I have one more and thankfully this is a short and fairly happy one :smiley:
    Now that they're in their 400 y/o home, I can't help but wonder what secrets that little cottage holds. Caleb confirmed that there's a basement there (and that he drinks from children. Btw the fact that Caleb thinks locking children up in a basement seems cruel makes me think that Lilith had smacked a ruler on his arm (ha) and therefore he thinks it "seems" cruel). What else did this house see? What other horrors did that basement hold? Was Seth living in that house at one point? If we ran a forensic light around the place, would the house light up like a christmas tree? Omg.. what the H* will be revealed in Caleb's bedroom-

I'm going to keep the rest of my mad mind to myself before I get blocked. At least It's still kinda happy. :#
    @_sims_Yimi
    Heh, Detectnot.
    Ralf is absolutely perfect for his role. That's all I'm saying. 🤐

I'm sure Jess will be fine. It's not like she's any of the vampires' prey preference or anything.

@ThePlumbob
    He is putting a lot of work in! I'm glad his efforts are being appreciated.

@mercuryfoam
    This comment makes me (and Caleb) sound so twisted, haha. He never said he drank from children, but you're right; his morals are not 'his' morals, they are learned responses from others.
    Maybe he's not the only one guilty of this.
    I'm sure the house has seen many horrors over the years. Lilith and Caleb did need to eat before she had her surgery, after all. A forensic light in Caleb's bedroom? So vulgar! :D If it's anything like his one at the other house, it will be pristine. But I guess we'll see.
    Yay! Kinda happy! I'll take that. <3
    Almost Eternal
    @SnuffyBucket
    I should put a disclaimer beside my name (Disclaimer: vulgarity) :D
    Tbh, my comment only makes me sound twisted. All you did was put a cottage up and I'm the one running in there with my wild imagination. :joy: i did think Lilith would definitely leave no trace behind, bt unless she used chemicals that specifically strip away the elements that react w blue light, Idk. Im waiting for when Jessica tracks them all the way to this house, summon csi and unravel entire centuries of vamp history.

Oooooh! Oh dear! Now i have other theories. It could be Seth who did it and Lilith berated him, or it could be Lilith herself too! Oh dear oh dear. I kinda have this theory that waifu might've erased everyone and her own memories to keep her own morality intact. Its probably just me being completely wrong bt its kinda cool to theorise why her morals are so strong for 4 centuries yet Mortimer and Seth calls her the worst of them all 😆
    @mercuryfoam
    Yeah, I can't get the image of you waving your blue light around Caleb's bedroom out of my mind now. Should the forensics team ever make it to the cottage, I know who's being added to the payroll. 😆

You interpret things in such amazing ways, I absolutely love it! I feel like I've thrown you an apple with that last spoiler, but halfway through the air, it has somehow turned into a pineapple and now you've caught it and are making pina colada instead of the intended apple juice. But somehow, in your drunken pina colada'd state, you have actually stumbled on to something there.

I'll neither confirm nor deny, but; "You have to lose a lot of your humanity to achieve that kind of void." LV, 1.19.
    Almost Eternal

Mummy doesn't have any friends

Chapter 2.21 - Common Ground

Almost Eternal
    By the way,
    I'm really amazed by how, in just a few words you captured and portrayed Babs and Adina's complex relationship and dived so deeply into their history so succinctly too and all within one chapter. And with it, the complications that came with decades of history as friends, of love and care torn by betrayal, loss, and guilt etc. The little details of their nickname, knowing their quirks like sugar pea cookies, which buttons to press, and yet with all of Dee's anger, the memories that resurface in her mind are not the horrible moments of Bab's betrayal, but were all good memories that she remembered of her former friend. I thought that was telling in itself too how much Babs meant to her.

Im still thinking about it today. Cant get it out of my head. Cant write anything. What a great chapter.
    edited January 2021
    @mercuryfoam

Sorry for ruining your writing but thank you. <3
    It's always good to hear how people take the less calamitous chapters. I like writing them as they give me word space to go deep into characters and sprinkle in oodles of hints without all the action, but I do worry they might come across as boring compared to the other, livelier ones. Especially as this was basically a scene involving two mature human side characters just having a chat in a doorway. ;)
    Almost Eternal
    @mercuryfoam

Sorry for ruining your writing but thank you. <3
    It's always good to hear how people take the less calamitous chapters. I like writing them as they give me word space to go deep into characters and sprinkle in oodles of hints without all the action, but I do worry they might come across as boring compared to the other, livelier ones. Especially as this was basically a scene involving two mature human side characters just having a chat in a doorway. ;)

4 characters too short
    Hm.. lets see. The drama, the tension, the conflict, the women's clashing desires, masks and unspoken words, the forboding calamity of their daughters hanging above their heads, the dose of humor at the side, the revelations, and the mystery of magic money and wallets. WOW. Much boring. Slept in my chair, really.

Even if it didn't contain these elements, some breathing space/calmer chapters would be nice in between the more intense ones. So its fine either way. 😄
    I agree with Foamy, there was nothing boring about it!
    Babs and Adina's conflict and past has been teased and alluded to so many times, but it was always an unknown. Now we finally know what went down between them. You managed to show so much of their relationship in just one chapter, it's pretty impressive.

Maybe it's because I'm closer in age to the parents than the young vamps, haha (oh gods), but I often find chapters where characters just talk the most interesting. Also, even if one had no interest in the parents, this chapter and getting to see how Adina reacts explains plenty about Faith and why she acts a certain way.
    @mercuryfoam @ThePlumbob

Write more 'boring' chapters, got it.

Plumbob, I think you might be closer in age to the young vamps (18-19) than the parents (48-60) and if not, you're younger than me and way younger than the ancient vamps (307-???) so, that's something. :D
    Almost Eternal
    Plumbob, I think you might be closer in age to the young vamps (18-19) than the parents (48-60) and if not, you're younger than me and way younger than the ancient vamps (307-???) so, that's something. :D

Yes, still slightly closer to the youths, just about, thank the watcher. I can aspire to look as good as Lilith when I get to the 300s :joy: (not her dark form, that is, heh).
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,378 Member
    @mercuryfoam @ThePlumbob

Write more 'boring' chapters, got it.
    Yes! You have to eat your vegetables before dessert ... it makes the dessert more spicy ;)

edited January 2021
    I'm not sure if this one is more vegetable, dessert or poison...

One should not bite the hand that feeds

Chapter 2.22 - To The Bone

Almost Eternal

I want to tell you a secret

Chapter 2.23 - Undoing

Almost Eternal