The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Julyvee94
    It's a good theory! We'll have to wait and see how things worked out with the spell...
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @Julyvee94
    It's a good theory! We'll have to wait and see how things worked out with the spell...

You sound just like @CitizenErased14 😂 "that's a good theory let's wait and see" :D
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @Julyvee94

You sound just like @CitizenErased14 😂 "that's a good theory let's wait and see" :D

Lol! I'll have to thank her for the cheat sheet :D:kissing_heart:
    Another theory...
    Even if L Faba doesn't actually cast the spell Morgyn might find out about her intention to do so and because she broke their trust they will never engage in a serious relationship again because they can never be sure they haven't just been bewitched
    @Julyvee94
    You're on a roll tonight :D All I can say is that I won't make you guys wait too long to find out what happens :no_mouth:
    Hold up!
    When Morgyn cast the love spell on Cordelia and Micah they said "Don't worry it will be quite pleasant" meaning they know what it feels like!! Love spell confirmed!!
    @Julyvee94
    Well, by that logic anything that happens now should be pleasant, so only happy times ahead! :mrgreen:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Interlude 5
    On some twisted level I can’t help but be impressed with Haruka. If she really has that big of a hidden agenda, then she’s pulling off some masterful manipulations with Lulu, holy cow. Maybe it’s not that deliberate at all and she just likes creating drama. My gods. Mischief magic is the scariest magic school of all. No matter what Morgyn says.
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @Julyvee94
    Well, by that logic anything that happens now should be pleasant, so only happy times ahead! :mrgreen:

@ThePlumbob
    Alright people, pack up, the drama is over. Nothing to see here, bye bye. :D
    @_sims_Yimi
    Haruka is definitely a master in her magic school, without even casting a single spell. What exactly she wants is unclear, though I can tell you she does have an agenda beyond just enjoying drama...

@Julyvee94
    Yeeaaah... about that...

So... this is a chapter. *sigh*

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    I participate in your sigh. More heartbreaks 💔😭
    ... but everything makes so much sense.
    Won't we all sacrifice everything for those we truly love? <3
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited January 2021
    @ThePlumbob

Ayeee! Plumbobbu!
    "You shouldn’t strive to contain it. You need to control it. I can help you with that."

Isn't it great the parallels between Interlude Morgyn and Athena? I can't help but mesh BC and B2W together now and have this whole fanfic universe where BC and B2W Morgyn are the same person! Woo! Wouldn't that be insane? It's actually not as insane as it sounds, given I know what happens next in B2W. Ah wait nvm. Just remembered your telling me why incorporating other story character's isn't a good idea. oops. Well it was a nice thought! So I'm going to leave this here and have my fanfic universe floating in my head. :lol:

Ps- I've been going insane wanting to call you plumbobbu for awhile now. Not forever, it is one more extra syllable to write. Let me have my moment. :lol:
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    I just added another short story in the comments.
    I'm not really sure I had something significant to add but I love getting insight into Morgyn's perspektiv :)
    edited January 2021
    @DeafSimmer
    Well, we have been following L Faba this whole time, so we do know she's only found out about the existence of the love spell recently, meaning Morgyn's conclusion about when she would have cast the love spell can't be accurate. That doesn't necessarily mean Aine was lying, though.

More answers to come soon, hopefully :)

@mercuryfoam
    Yeah, I definitely thought there was a parallel between them Morgyn and Athena in that B2W chapter with Roidth! Let's hope things work out better for Athena... It's no accident that Morgyn has spent better half of the season yapping about the importance of being in control. I always assumed the flashback to Morgyn burning their childhood home down because of an emotional outburst was a dead giveaway of the connection between controlling their magic and their emotions, but I guess it could just be explained by them having "grown out of it."

Ooh, fun! I could totally see that, yep! Does that mean BC would be a B2W prequel in a way? :dizzy: Let's say it's one possible path Morgyn could go down in the future, like if there's multiple parallel timelines, this could definitely be one that would make sense. I do have an ending in mind for them, whether that would mesh with what we know about B2W Morgyn... hmm.

Aww, I like Plumbobbu! It's very cute! <3

@MonaSolstraale
    Thank you for your thoughtful comments, I always love seeing your insights :) I haven't had a chance to reply on WP yet, but I will!

Also, your second one reminded me of something...

It's been a while since we've had a chapter song, I've been trying to tone it down, even though most of the recent chapters have at least one song associated with them. But I'll indulge myself this once:
    Evanescence - Whisper
    I especially like the line 'Forsaking all I've fallen for I rise to meet the end'. Well, like being a relative term :sweat_smile:
    edited February 2021
    @ThePlumbob
    Ah yes, Morgyn’s flashbacks of their burning home and then setting fire to the globe were definitely telling to their emotional suppression. I was already suspicious then that they and Athena were carved from the same stone (different end product, no worries) but I didn’t voice it out because y’know probably gonna spoil my own story while I’m doing that. But now that cat’s out of the bag, my head immediately jumps to fanfic universe because it’s been simmering for awhile now. Just needed the confirmation. 😊
    Hehe. That’s why it’s called an alternate fanfic universe right?

YES Plumbobbu is adorable. And Let me see if I can dig out where I got the inspiration for it.
    Here it is. Fast forward to 2.09 but if you watch the first 10 seconds of the video, it’lll give context to why everyone is butchering the name lolol.

OOOOH Chapter songs! Yay! I've been missing these. I haven't listened to it yet. Need to prepare a box of tissues i bet so I'm saving it for later.

Edit: OH. okay no box of tissues. Evanescence <3 Aw such a fitting song for Morgyn. 💔
    Post edited by mercuryfoam on
    @mercuryfoam
    I mean, great minds and all :mrgreen: It is super interesting to think about! I'm glad to hear Athena will not end up the same way as BC Morgyn (though now that I think about it, you did not say it will be better, just different. Oh dear.)

Ha, well, when you say fanfic I think of this really awful (but extremely hilarious) Harry Potter fanfic that has absolutely nothing to do with the source material but is so terrible it's funny. I may send you a link if I find it! What you're saying is an alternate reality that's so eerily possible it may as well be real. So let's see whether BC Morgyn ends up becoming the B2W one, haha, or have a similar fate. Or a better fate... or a worse fate... Oh dear. Again :joy:

Gah, those guys are cute. I love/am envious of their boundless energy!

I think I'll do a song dump here when I post the finale since I have a bunch of relationship and character songs I'm dying to share, even though I know it's probably just you and Snuffy who find that kind of stuff interesting, haha.
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @ThePlumbob
    @mercuryfoam
    I mean, great minds and all :mrgreen: It is super interesting to think about! I'm glad to hear Athena will not end up the same way as BC Morgyn (though now that I think about it, you did not say it will be better, just different. Oh dear.)

Ha, well, when you say fanfic I think of this really awful (but extremely hilarious) Harry Potter fanfic that has absolutely nothing to do with the source material but is so terrible it's funny. I may send you a link if I find it! What you're saying is an alternate reality that's so eerily possible it may as well be real. So let's see whether BC Morgyn ends up becoming the B2W one, haha, or have a similar fate. Or a better fate... or a worse fate... Oh dear. Again :joy:

Gah, those guys are cute. I love/am envious of their boundless energy!

I think I'll do a song dump here when I post the finale since I have a bunch of relationship and character songs I'm dying to share, even though I know it's probably just you and Snuffy who find that kind of stuff interesting, haha.

YES gimme all the songs!!! <3
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    Sorry for the wait on this one guys. The final interlude is upon us!

Leftover blurbage incoming!
    This makes me wonder about Morgyn present day. Present-day Morgyn said breaking out of the ‘Infatuate’ spell is a matter of willpower. Haruka says it’s a permanent spell that guarantees someone will love them forever. Well, well, well. Yiiikes.. I’m more inclined to believe Haruka since she was the Mischief Sage. Which means Morgyn cast the spell on Micah and Cordy thinking they’d be able to snap out, but instead Morgyn ruined it for themselves! Which then begs the question, did they cast the spell because they wanted to test Morgyn and Cordy’s love for them? They were quite accusatory towards Micah for being ‘all over Cordy’ back then. But then again, it could be that they simply underestimated the spell and used it as a quick fix for their baby fever. Oh………………… fopdoddles. Morgyn I feel so, so bad for you now. You really fopped up big time there. (Not using any of the cusses nor baby fever right but I'm sure you get it.) :|

Ahh. realising the potency of the infatuate spell made me think twice about my theory on who LFaba cast her love spell on, but I think I still stand by it. And if she really did, yikes. That’s horrible. That would also explain why she’s so bitter. :cry:
    edited February 2021
    @mercuryfoam
    Morgyn and Haruka do seem to have rather different takes on how permanent the love spell is, yes. On top of what you said, Haruka told Micah the spell can be broken by dying, or perhaps dying on the inside. Of course, Morgyn has died (twice now, lol), very likely shortly after the spell has been cast. (And depending on your views may have died on the inside too, but that's up to personal interpretation). So it's safe to say Morgyn's knowledge of the spell's breakability may not be entirely... accurate :smirk:

Noted :no_mouth:

@DeafSimmer
    You're right, things could have turned out very differently if she didn't cast the spell. But alas, what's done is done.

So, this interlude wasn't going to be a thing, and I'm still in two minds about how much it adds since it's really just recounting the events of the last one from Morgyn's POV, but maybe it will answer some questions. Hopefully it isn't too boring.

@DeafSimmer Yeah, I've noticed that too recently, it is annoying! I agree, definitely would make sense to count the words under the spoiler tag!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it - unlike Morgyn, who most definitely did not enjoy themselves, haha