Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    I managed to connect to the gallery and uploaded my entry. I will post it later here. I'm hesitant to be too excited until I'm able to start the game and have it work again when I have more time. Thank you again to those who tried to help me. πŸ’›
    Title: Aunt Fran Strikes Again!

Liz eyes the gifts from Aunt Fran with suspicion, knowing she's the latest victim of family tradition. Every year there's someone Fran forgets, so she runs to clear stores of all the leftover bits. This year she's gotten Liz clothes for every occasion, as well as "fun" wigs of every persuasion. There's makeup too that Liz would never choose, with odd guides on applying these unlikely hues. Everyone knows Aunt Fran means to be kind, but they're beginning to think that she's colorblind!

2tVjYpP.jpg

(Note: I only used the preset colors when I used makeup. I don't think they needed to be made worse. πŸ˜‰)
    edited January 2021
    @GLovely1 I forgot the #GiftReturnsChal on my entry. Do I need to reload it?

I managed to edit it to squeeze in the other hashtag, but I await your decision on whether or not to upload it.

Edit: I went ahead and uploaded the version with both hashtags, just in case. πŸ™‚
    Edit: Despite the new title (Aunt Fran Strikes-Rewrite,) the text is essentially the same and the sim is identical. She's posed facing the other direction though. πŸ™‚
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • Flash5Flash5 Posts: 105 Member
    Lots of fun browsing everyone's entries - I mean this in the best possible way, they all look dreadful!! :D Definitely some high (fashion) crimes and misdemeanors & loads of really funny bios too. Didn't know if I'd be able to join this week but found some time this afternoon to be part of this fun challenge. <3 x

Punky Shnuckle https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5DCD133C535F11EB825E1AE2A2C073C3

As Punky hung her clothes 2 dry atop her high penthouse-the washing line came loose as nibbled by a naughty mouse. She tried 2 grab @ items as the cruel wind blew them high-it was a clothes tornado as those garments waved goodbye. Her highrise neighbours saw the scene & felt 4 Punky Shnuckle-they hatched a plan 2 buy some stuff 2 make poor Punky chuckle. Outfits truly awful yet they all knew she would geddit-return bnib & she'd have quite a bit of credit#Flash5Carter1#GLovelysQCC#GiftReturnsChal
  • GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    I’m so sorry you had so many frustrations trying to upload your fashion funky cutie @NeoFelis22 :o I’m happy to finally see her here and in the gallery!

So many wonderfully wrong fashions in the gallery, here and on Twitter. Our silly fun was even recognized in the form of a Maxis fav too so please share some happy congratulations to @MenaBuchner <3

Speaking of Mena, turns out she and @CatharinaSophia can read minds because they guessed exactly what was coming up next :D I’ll write up the official creative directions soon but if you’d like to get a jump on it here’s what you do.

It’s easy to imagine the fashion police have come for your sims .. to help return those well meaning but wrong styles. Now it’s time to make those sims shine! Bring them back into CAS to give them the best of the best! ;)
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• LybLyb Posts: 6 New Member
    That's fun ! lol
    Thanks @Lyb :D Please jump into CAS and give it a try too if you have time! Happy creating πŸ’œ
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Thank you , @GLovely1 ! I'm glad that gallery connection issue didn't last any longer than it did!

I just gave @MenaBuchner a belated congrats on her Maxis fave (I thought I had done it already, but I couldn't find it) on the gallery and I'll echo it here: Congratulations! πŸŽ‰βœ¨

It's funny about the new challenge, because when I was dressing my entry, I was thinking that I should go back later and give her better clothes. 😊 Now I've got no choice. πŸ˜‰
    edited January 2021
    πŸ’œ 27TH WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Creative Direction & Rules:
    giphy.gif

I hope you can hear those sirens πŸ˜‚ Yes, the fashion police are finally here to increase your sims overall look. It was so much fun to see how wildly wacky you can be with those interesting CAS selections that on your sims immediately call for a fashion correction πŸ˜‚ Now it's time to get your fabulous sims to really shine!

Your challenge:

Please put the same sim(s) you styled for last week's challenge (26th) back into CAS to completely undo the funny fashion damage. If possible, continue your original story theme so we can enjoy even more of your sim's dreams. You may choose to answer questions like: How did the return process go? Where did they go to make returns? Maybe a famous simlebrity (celebrity) made them over? Did the fashion police make any arrests? πŸ˜‚ Continue tapping into your sim's story by possibly adding any supporting sim members to this household. How about adding the meaningful gift givers you mentioned? Maybe a representative of the fashion police? What about the helpful store employee accepting your gift returns? Doing this as you turn the fashion wrongs to rights will no doubt add to your sim story delights! Just let your imaginations run free to finalize your sim stories πŸ’œ

Please include the hashtags #GLovelysQCC AND #GiftReturnsChal when you share your entry to the gallery.
    END DATE ~ WEDNESDAY 1/27 at 8:00 PM EST ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Note: I'm extending the end date for two reasons: First, if anyone would like to begin this challenge with part 1 (26th challenge) so they can also join in the fun completion of part 2, that'd be awesome! Second, I have something HUGE in the works that I'll share with all of you on the 31st!

Rules:
    1. Your description should share an awesome update to your fabulously made over sims from the original household!
    2. Make sure your household has the original sim(s). Include additional sims who are connected to their story if you like.
    3. Remember your sims should now be styled in what you feel is the best clothing and accessories CAS has to offer!
    4. Make sure your sims 1st outfits especially shine with a clear fashion makeover.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Please stay safe, stay strong, stay creative and treat your sims with the best of the best! πŸ’œ
    Post edited by GLovely1 on
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

Haha! πŸ˜‚ Yes, I was very much itching to give my poor sim a makeover as well so I'm glad to hear you were feeling the same things many of the rest of us were @NeoFelis22 πŸ’œ I can't wait to see all the changes and updates you all make! Have a blast in CAS!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    Oooh that sounds like fun, @GLovely1 ! I did participate in the last go-round, but I forgot to post it here! Silly me. I saw some great entries though!
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    I like this idea B) thank you @GLovely1 I saw you post here this morning in my time I went in cas with my sim changing new outfits have this thread bookmark <3, just saw your comment on my sim in the gallery its afternoon where I live. The images do you want the before and after photos how do you want it posted just sims in their outfits ok lot of work with sims in live mode for photos so just in their outfits is ok to show them
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2021
    My entry for the new challenge: Glow Up of the Year!

Bio: After endless hours of standing in queues, Shelly managed to return her true love's less than thoughtful Simsmas gifts. He also turned out not to be her true love and she sent him packing. She then got a new stylist who gave her a total makeover - new clothes, new hair, fixed teeth...talk about the glow up of the year!

qtDggJv.jpg

vaKnKP2.jpg
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you for letting us give our sims a makeover @GLovely1! I uploaded the Fashion Crisis? Averted! household yesterday and already posted about them on twitter.

The personal shopper didn't look up from her desk when she asked if she could help them. But when she did, she saw they were in desperate need of her help! She ran around the shop, grabbing clothes left and right, called a hairdresser and even wanted to call a dentist, but Rez refused: no touching his hair, and their teeth were fine! Then he realized: if they'd let her help, at least the Fashion Police wouldn't recognize them.
    5wwiDvc.pngJpVJEYl.png
  • pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited January 2021
    Hello everyone :)

Part 2 of my Gift Returns QCC features Desmond returning all his items to the stores via the Internet. He chose, however, to keep his hair color and nose ring and give himself a rocking new look! :blush:

Title: Rock It On, Desmond!
    Origin ID: mikrolactaki3
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CFCF97EA557D11EB869AF063F73A62CC

unknown.png

Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited January 2021
    My first entry to Gift Returns GlovelysQCC
    Origin ID: chips46
    Grandma loves buying gifts for her grandson went to a 70s discount shop everything was half price wasn't in his style in hats makeup jewellery clothes shoes hair colour to top it off she wanted to cut my hair with the hair clipper AARGH Grandma not my hair where's my phone I need the Fashion Police urgently I have a gig in less than two hours to go to AARGH can anyone HELP me please anyone what can I say I still LOVE you Grandmaβ™₯
    GPrGFkO.pngN4okQiK.png Part 2 Gift Returns Dressed For Success Dominic in the music industry influence in punk gothic jazz clothing rang for a group of stylist in town to do a quick makeover lucky they were able to too his everyday wardrobe and kept one of the hat from gran in a different colour he left the unwanted gifts with the stylist was 10 mins late for his gig In the end gran said how Fashion change from my time Dominic gave gran a bunch of flowersβ™₯KjxzKNh.pngZPd1Hzf.png
  • MenaBuchnerMenaBuchner Posts: 179 Member
    Oh my gosh, these are amazing entries!
    My makeover is up. It's entitled Wardrobe Redemption!

Liz left the store with a sigh of relief; that wardrobe Aunt Fran'd gifted her no longer giving her grief. Now it was off to the salon for a fun new 'do, then to find clothes that wouldn't make her think: Ew! Lastly a stop to get her makeup done, taking home free samples for even more fun. She left the mall with a great big smile, knowing she'd arrive at uni with plenty of style!

Dq8iDOO.jpg

For now, I'm just sharing the gallery image. I may try to do more later. πŸ™‚
    Also, I decided to show that Liz loves color, just not the colors her Aunt Fran gave her. πŸ˜‰
    Just a couple of notes: the first time I uploaded a teen sim in a QCC, I was thinking of her as being more like 15 or so in age. This time, I decided to portray an older teen (hence the uni reference,) but not so old she'd wear quite the same things that I'd put on a young adult or older sim. So I tried not to go the too sexy route, though maybe the bikini might be thought of as an exception. πŸ€” I also gave her another wardrobe option in Everyday, Athletic, and Sleep. The first to give her a regular outfit, and the other two to reflect either warm or cool temperatures. 😊
  • FrankieDanySIMSFrankieDanySIMS Posts: 152 Member

Name of my makeover: Mermaid in Green
    Origin ID: FrankieDany
    LINK to gallery: https://www.ea.com/it-it/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/59CF054B561311EB8E576119CC9F00CD
    Backstory: (super short) 😁
    Finally the wedding anniversary party is gone and Marika can stop wearing the granny's dress gift !!! (... but she kept it in case the granny takes a peek in the closet...) Now she's hot and a powerful lotion gave her back her fluent long hair !!! πŸ˜ƒ

Images from gallery:
    (I'll put some "home made" as soon as they'll be ready) 00.jpg
    01.jpg

7b98023048724ecd9dea27351744b46c.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Amazing makeover everyone!

I'll give it a missed this round. Nicole decided to keep on rocking her outfit! I don't know why, perhaps, she's possessed?! She recently saw Coraline doll somewhere... :o

Until then.... ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    My laptop wasn't working anymore, but it is finally repaired :smiley:
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    OHH I need to remember to grab some shots and get them in here!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    Sounds fun! :D :D
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    πŸ’œ 27TH WEEK CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Creative Direction & Rules:
    giphy.gif

I hope you can hear those sirens πŸ˜‚ Yes, the fashion police are finally here to increase your sims overall look. It was so much fun to see how wildly wacky you can be with those interesting CAS selections that on your sims immediately call for a fashion correction πŸ˜‚ Now it's time to get your fabulous sims to really shine!

Your challenge:

Please put the same sim(s) you styled for last week's challenge (26th) back into CAS to completely undo the funny fashion damage. If possible, continue your original story theme so we can enjoy even more of your sim's dreams. You may choose to answer questions like: How did the return process go? Where did they go to make returns? Maybe a famous simlebrity (celebrity) made them over? Did the fashion police make any arrests? πŸ˜‚ Continue tapping into your sim's story by possibly adding any supporting sim members to this household. How about adding the meaningful gift givers you mentioned? Maybe a representative of the fashion police? What about the helpful store employee accepting your gift returns? Doing this as you turn the fashion wrongs to rights will no doubt add to your sim story delights! Just let your imaginations run free to finalize your sim stories πŸ’œ

Please include the hashtags #GLovelysQCC AND #GiftReturnsChal when you share your entry to the gallery.
    END DATE ~ WEDNESDAY 1/27 at 8:00 PM EST ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some households full of aweSIM creativity to nominate for a Maxis Fav!

Note: I'm extending the end date for two reasons: First, if anyone would like to begin this challenge with part 1 (26th challenge) so they can also join in the fun completion of part 2, that'd be awesome! Second, I have something HUGE in the works that I'll share with all of you on the 31st!

Rules:
    1. Your description should share an awesome update to your fabulously made over sims from the original household!
    2. Make sure your household has the original sim(s). Include additional sims who are connected to their story if you like.
    3. Remember your sims should now be styled in what you feel is the best clothing and accessories CAS has to offer!
    4. Make sure your sims 1st outfits especially shine with a clear fashion makeover.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination or fav. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Please stay safe, stay strong, stay creative and treat your sims with the best of the best! πŸ’œ

OHH I forgot all about the no custom poses on the first part of the entry >>> I will do better next time <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Amuni50Amuni50 Posts: 112 Member
    I finally remembered to post my sim(s) here! Yay! Thank you for the fun, @GLovely1

Part One: Pinky Yellow is a comedian who loves to make an entrance; however, her aunt misunderstood what that meant. Aunt Yellow (a feisty, strange woman) gave Pinky an entire wardrobe that cover all outfit categories! The good news is Pinky took it all in stride and now wears those painful duds with pride! In fact, it helps with her comedy bits (or at least she thinks so), and she never runs out of things to say.

00.jpg

Part Two: Because her agent said there were complaints about her wardrobe, poor Pinky Yellow was subjected to a makeover. Uncle Yellow (yes, he was married to the fashion-challenged Aunt Yellow) who had been a stylist for years, insisted that he should be the one to do it. "Sweetie," he started.... "Uncle, I'm not a sweetie, I'm a comedian. How is Aunt Yellow? I still love those yellow explosion sunglasses she gave me, you know. And I'm only doing this because my agent said I looked sad, rather than funny." He sighed and got out his shears, makeup kits, and way too much ambition. Pinkie had to admit that she looked better, but she'd never tell anyone that! She had an eccentric personality to defend, after all...

00.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top