Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims free promo codes for packs

2...Next

Comments

• mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Are these codes just to get the packs or to get extra items for these packs?
    I've already got all the sims packs so they are useless to me if it's just for the packs themselves.
    What do us simmers who are loyal to the game and buy them when they are released get?
    I guess nothing as usual.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    What is the point to do it this way when it's so quick and scammers (people who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles)...
    -facepalm.-

So, what is the right way to do a giveaway for you???? And how are you so sure all the people are ones "who already have it and don't play who grab them for craps and giggles" ??

Geez, rude much?
    I think just hosting a giveaway normally that way everyone can enter and a chance to see it instead of just giving away codes that can be claimed in seconds.

No. I was not meant to be rude. I do apologize for that. Now than you explained what you meant, I absolutely agree with you.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Soooooo I bought all the packs, expansions stuffs exc. at full price and original game.... what do I get lol... loyal customer award? Just the blessing of the sims I guess. #blessed

It's really just a gesture for some people who unfortunately can't get the packs they want. We really need to stop the "what about me" mentality lol

With that being said, they could at least give random codes to everyone instead of posting some codes and having people rush to Orgin hoping the one they picked works. Especially with the current events forcing many to stay home.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I saw this posted on Twitter, the simgurus were, idk if they still are, posting codes. They’re doing it because of the COVID-19 shelter in place, to keep people from being bored in home. Pretty neat. A lot of simgurus were taking part.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    Soooooo I bought all the packs, expansions stuffs exc. at full price and original game.... what do I get lol... loyal customer award? Just the blessing of the sims I guess. #blessed

It's really just a gesture for some people who unfortunately can't get the packs they want. We really need to stop the "what about me" mentality lol

With that being said, they could at least give random codes to everyone instead of posting some codes and having people rush to Orgin hoping the one they picked works. Especially with the current events forcing many to stay home.

^^^^This a thousand times this
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    I just want to clarify that I didn't post this discussion because I personally feel left out. I don't want any of the packs listed and I did not try to redeem any of the codes.

My thoughts on this is the division that I see in the comment sections from some people who claimed they got several codes, and then people responding to that person with angry remarks and even insults.

You can debate whether it's a nice gesture from EA to give out these free codes or if it's just another marketing scheme to get more people to buy packs. Because if a person who really wants a pack is too late to get a code, it is more likely that that person will now go buy the game with their own money instead. Let's be realistic here.

For some people it's great! I'm super happy for those lucky few who got the packs they wanted and couldn't pay for themselves. I just think that this system isn't fair simply because... we can have person A who has the money to spend on whatever they want, and they grab several free codes for themselves. Then we have person B who cannot pay for the games that they want, and has no chance because the codes have already been taken by people who don't "need" them.

Then again, it's just a game, and it's not a life or death question. Obviously. And it's EA's choice what they do with their own franchise, of course.

In my opinion, because of this horrible situation that we're all in right now, if The Sims TRULY wanted to show that they "care" about their fanbase, perhaps they could do like so many others have already suggested and just gift people one free pack. Or something of the sort! It's not like they can't affort it - it's a million dollar company. I'm not telling them to give us free stuff, just pondering about ideas that might have been a better fit for this... situation.

The message they posted with these codes was "Stay inside" and to help people cope with quarantine. You have to really... look at it. We all know EA is money driven. I don't know. This just... doesn't sit right with me. But it's not all black and white. It's great for some people! But maybe there are better ways to go about it..?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I saw this posted on Twitter, the simgurus were, idk if they still are, posting codes. They’re doing it because of the COVID-19 shelter in place, to keep people from being bored in home. Pretty neat. A lot of simgurus were taking part.

I'll still be bored with the game even if I get a pack for free. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I'll still be bored with the game even if I get a pack for free. 😂

I agree LOL! This game is so lacking that even getting it free you'll be bored REALLY quick and that says something.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It was a really lame and unfair way to do it, honestly. They should have made the codes limited for 24 hours instead. And then there were people bragging about how they managed to grab four codes etc. :/
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    It was a really lame and unfair way to do it, honestly. They should have made the codes limited for 24 hours instead. And then there were people bragging about how they managed to grab four codes etc. :/

Perhaps they should have made it so each person could only claim one, if there is a way to enforce that (probably not).
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.