Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5000 SimPoints to Give Away! Please Post Your Wishlists!

1235...Next

Comments

• Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2022
    @FrusturatedUser

First off, :smiley:

Glad you got it to work! Hopefully you can do so again!

Also really glad you liked that hairstyle in-game :smile: Even with the better previews, it's not always easy to tell.

My go-to browser for the Store has been Microsoft Edge for quite some time, but it wouldn't work. Firefox works, but after coming to the Sims 3 sites a few times, it breaks the Store and I end up at the "Uh-Oh, the page is down, but we have our best people working on it" page. When that first happened, I thought the Store was actually down, but after a couple days I realized it was something else. Thankfully going in and selectively clearing Firefox's cache/data for the Sims sites fixes whatever the problem is every time (so far). The site is getting worse and worse though - 90% of the time I can't see how many Points I have left anymore and there's no way to fix that except wait and pray.

Thanks for the kind words! I've made progress with all of my symptoms except for the fatigue. I keep sleeping for (I wish I was exaggerating) days at a time, only getting up to eat little bits and sit around before my bed calls me back.

@Sallyp2020

Hi Sally! It's been too long! I'm glad you found this thread again :smile:

I'm also glad you found those preview links helpful! I thought about starting a thread devoted to them a long, long time ago, but I think I disappeared instead. Part of me feels bad about not doing it because I can only imagine how many SimPoints have gone to waste by people buying things just based on the Store previews, which are ridiculously useless. Maybe someday soon because they're just sooooo incredibly helpful and everyone who uses the Store should know about them IMO.

Sorry that I missed you when I was going through this thread.

Dragon Valley looks like an awesome world, but I've only taken a few cursory glances so far. I really need to devote more time to this game :lol: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it and playing again!

When it comes to venues, I couldn't decide either. There were a few I felt like I needed (like the Bakery, because I love recipes and all that), but so many of them are so cool that it played into my insane plan to just own everything...

Everyone else,

I tagged a bunch of people recently, but haven't heard back. I'm actively giving things away (finally), so I hope to hear from more of you soon!

Also, All Sims 3 EP's and Stuff Packs are on sale right now through Origin! I don't know how much they are (it won't show me because I own them), but this is the first sale I've seen in a very long time! Take advantage while you can! :smile:

@bookwormbeauty
    Just thought I'd tag you again because I know you've been waiting for a sale and I hope you see this! Also, is your Wishlist in order? I can't remember what it looks like right now, but wanted to check.

Happy Simming everyone :smiley:
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi!! I am so happy to see this forum still active. I have many happy memories of gifting wars from over a decade ago...that's crazy to me!

https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=angievcc#
    @Angie1301

Hi! Nice to hear from someone who's been around here for that long :smile:

What were gifting wars? I only got into gifting once I ended up with Points to gift away.

Is your Wishlist in order? Just want to make sure before I send anything your way.

Sorry for the delay here. I've had a rough month.

Happy Simming! :smiley:

@FrusturatedUser

Hi!

This is pretty late, but I just wanted to check and see if you got the batch of hairstyles I gifted you quite awhile back now. I was asking someone else the other day and learned - to my horror - that the Store site doesn't really directly notify people when they get a gift. I gave away a few things to people in this thread and haven't heard a word, so I'm now scared that my Points went nowhere :(

Hope you've been doing well and there should be more to come! I'm slowly whittling away my Point collection :lol:

Happy Simming to you as well! :smiley:
  • ArchAngelXArchAngelX Posts: 312 Member
    Whoa, so glad to see fellow Simmers still enjoying the Sims 3!

I just recently got back into the Sims 3 and been having a great time with the new expansions I got to go with it. My main sim just completed all the adventures in World Adventures. Here's something funny, I watched a YouTube video about another Simmer playing through the tombs, and they did not want to pick up the relics because they felt it was kinda stealing historical stuff. And then here I am, just nicking relics here and there :p ! Not only that but also just using things that probably have major historical value. Like "Hmmmm, this bed is probably thousands of years old and slept in by some important historical figures..... Right let's go sleep in it!" :D

Also, here is a photo of my fairy daughter sim roller skating in spring..... except she doesn't, she just flies around instead. Well, I mean if I had wings, I probably would do the same as well :D

39g40b13cz3x.jpg

Here is my wishlist. Not sure if you still have Simpoints to giveaway, but thank you for doing this!
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ArchAngelX
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    Symb10sis wrote: »

@FrusturatedUser

Hi!

This is pretty late, but I just wanted to check and see if you got the batch of hairstyles I gifted you quite awhile back now. I was asking someone else the other day and learned - to my horror - that the Store site doesn't really directly notify people when they get a gift. I gave away a few things to people in this thread and haven't heard a word, so I'm now scared that my Points went nowhere :(

Hope you've been doing well and there should be more to come! I'm slowly whittling away my Point collection :lol:

Happy Simming to you as well! :smiley:

Hi there. I am happy to report that I DID get the items! :smiley: Thank you so much!

This last month or so for me, unfortunately, was difficult, to say the least. I had hoped to have a lot of time for simming, but that wasn't the case.
    But the good news is that I'm starting to ease back into the game now, and the new options I have thanks to you will really make a difference. I can't thank you enough, I truly appreciate it! I'll hopefully have some screenshots of the new content in action once I'm fully playing again. :smile:
    edited April 2022
    I hate to start out this way once again, but I severely sprained my right shoulder Friday morning. Ironically it happened while playing The Sims 3. I stood up after a ~2 hour play session and *bam*, something random and horrifying had happened to me. I'm slowly recovering, but this stinks and using a PC is very difficult so I apologize that this is short and my replies will likely be delayed. Please bear with me.

@ArchAngelX

That's hilarious :smiley: I never thought of it like that - all these Sims going around raiding ancient, priceless wonders willy-nilly. Taking them home (even somehow getting them past customs) and then putting them on a shelf, carrying them around in their pockets or even handing them to their toddlers to play with. "Here son, take this 3,000 year-old scepter and try not to get too much dirt and chocolate on it this time."

That's a really cool pic too! Thanks for sharing :smile: And yeah, I'd totally fly too if I had the option :wink:

In all these years, I've never even tried playing as a fairy and now that I think of it, I have no idea why. Gonna have to create one someday now. Nearly all of my Sims have just been boring humans, but I've recently started a game where my main Sim's little sister is a witch. I was actually putting the finishing touches on their little starter house in Dragon Valley when I hurt my shoulder. They were waiting patiently outside and now they're gonna be stuck there for quite a while :disappointed: .

Is your Wishlist in order? I still have Points. It's gotten harder to give them away because now I'm terrified of gifting to people unless/until I hear back from them and have some dialogue to make sure they actually receive what I gift.

@FrusturatedUser

I'm so glad to hear it worked! I'm sorry to hear that you've had a difficult month as well. I finally found time for the Sims and got it working perfectly. I was having multiple issues getting it to stream properly from my PC downstairs to my new TV upstairs, but finally got them all fixed just last week and am paying for it dearly now.

I'm glad you like those hairstyles and look forward to pics! I should be able to send a few more things your way over time, so please make sure your Wishlist's in order. Yes, I know I keep saying that to everyone, but that's partly because my Wishlist was never in order (but that's mainly because I just used it to keep track of items I didn't yet own).

I'm glad to hear it sounds like things are looking up and hope it stays that way for you :smile:

Happy Simming to you both! :smiley:
  • ArchAngelXArchAngelX Posts: 312 Member
    edited April 2022
    @Symb10sis

Oh dear, sorry that happened to you :s. I too had suffered strain injuries in the past and they really suck. The most recent one was when I stood up and just felt something pull badly near my hips. I was kinda limping after that for almost a week and a half before it started to get better. Take it easy and try to relax your shoulder whenever you can!

Oh you should definitely try out having a fairy Sim one day, their powers are very useful! And if you have a playful Sim, it would totally suit their character. Just one annoying note about fairies is they really like dancing, so expect them to turn on EVERY stereo in your house and leave them on. I always have to clean up their mess and manually turn them off occasionally :s.

One interesting that I found while exploring Egypt is that in one of the rooms in the Pyramid of the Sky, the ground actually depicts a sailboat out at sea in sunny weather. I have no idea how I missed that for years even though I went to that room multiple times since I was a wee Simmer, probably because my brain at that time was just " Ooooo loot! Gimme gimme gimme!" :D . I think It's cool to find really neat details about the game even today. Here is a screenshot of it
    it8o27jr454w.jpg

I actually also just completed some changes in my Sims house, adding a science lab, greenhouse, hidden alchemy room and museum floor, with separate themed areas for my Chinese, French and Egyptian relics that my adventurer Sim has stol.... uhhhh "found by accident" *ahem* :D. Quite happy with how the rooms turned out!

Yes my wishlist is in order now! But honestly I would be very happy and thankful for any gift from my wishlist o:)

Happy Simming to you as well! :)
    Post edited by ArchAngelX on
  • pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Hey there, @Symb10sis !
    Just wondering if you were still gifting things, as I'm trying to complete my wishlist! Thank you for being so generous to all these simmers :)
  • KikyoMibuKikyoMibu Posts: 18 Member
    Just came back to see how everyone is doing in the Sims 3 section, a little activity in here but its nice to see someone is still doing giveaways. I would like to enter one if there is any in the near future. I just like to empty out my wishlist is all! :)