Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5000 SimPoints to Give Away! Please Post Your Wishlists!

Comments

• Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2021
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :smiley:

Sorry I've disappeared, but the last week has been crazy. I have numerous things I have to get done in the next couple of days and have plans Saturday (which I'm incredibly nervous about :lol: ), so there's a decent chance I won't be back around here until next week.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday or at least just a wonderful day! :smile:
    Post edited by Symb10sis on
  • NerdedixliiNerdedixlii Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm so sorry to hear about your rough time, I hope it gets better. ❀️❀️ If anyone is in the gift-giving mood, I would try to post my wishlist....(it's been buggy πŸ˜…) Here's my top picks though.
    1. Adventurous Life
    2. Bohemian Garden
    3. Brunch at the Old Mill
    Thank you to anyone that wants to get me anything, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to post my Wishlist, hopefully it will work soon.
    Happy Holidays to all who celebrate! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³
    Sorry to everyone for disappearing this long. I've injured my neck and upper spine pretty severely. I have replies I've been working on and thankfully see my physical therapist tomorrow.

Hope to be back ASAP :smile:
  • pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sorry to everyone for disappearing this long. I've injured my neck and upper spine pretty severely. I have replies I've been working on and thankfully see my physical therapist tomorrow.

Hope to be back ASAP :smile:

Oh, that sounds awful :o I hope you are okay despite this! Take your time, there's no rush.
    EA ID: Praktrosella
    Thanks @pinkrobin :smile:

After three PT appointments, I'm starting to do a bit better. This injury turned out to be as bad as I feared when it happened, which is to say the worst I've suffered in a couple of years. I'm at least back to being able to (mostly) move my head around and all that, but I'm spacey and tired all the time (the neck affects everything else).

I have another appointment next week which I hope will solve the remaining issues as best as they can. Some of it's just a waiting game though as things heal and I get moving again. I'll probably be dealing with the fallout from this for weeks or even months to come.

Sorry for the delay here. The last thing I wanted when I came back and restarted this thread was to drag anything out. The holidays are upon us though, so perhaps some people will find some Gifts from me coming up soon :smiley: .

I'm mostly done with my longer (actual) replies, but I'm not feeling it this morning and somehow found myself writing this instead :lol: .

Thanks again! :smile:
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    My wish list is in my signature. Anything would be appreciated.
  • blueeyeleoblueeyeleo Posts: 1 New Member
    my wishlist https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=blueeyeleo

Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I'm so sorry everyone. I don't know where the time has gone. I didn't even realize that I didn't come here on Christmas until just now... :(

I've been sleeping too much because my neck hurts (though it's slowly getting better) and my days have just been short and flying by apparently. Haven't been using my PC or phone much either, for obvious reasons. I still have half-replies written up and saved, so I hope to continue our conversations sometime soon!

I sincerely hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! :smile:
  • xbonusmodexxbonusmodex Posts: 28 Member
    wait, sim points expire? :o Well didnt know that! :')
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    Hello, if you still are giving thing away, I'm slowly starting to get back into TS3 and would love a few hairs from the store to use. :smile:https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=FrusturatedUser
    edited January 2022
    Well, here it is finally. So late that half of what I've written and am replying to is probably no longer relevant :lol:

Sorry again! Better late than never though :smile:

@Palgoons

Cool to hear that you've been playing for quite some time :smile:

What Expansions do you have so far?

@pinkrobin

Glad to hear you had a good weekend! Mine was great, though at this point we're just about heading into a new one :smile: Edit: Lol...just re-read this post and realized the weekend it referenced was back in the stone age. Told you some of this is probably no longer relevant.

I was sooooo horrified when I saw what my Sims actually looked like! :( A couple of the guys were passably decent human beings (including the first Sim I ever made - one Mr. Sym Biosis, lol), but for whatever reason the female Sims were atrocious beyond belief. Seriously. Giant heads, bulging eyes, deformed everything.

I played Sims 1 back when it came out and remember loving it, but I used mainly as a building tool (which is what Will Wright was originally going for). It was somewhat limited though so I moved on and sadly didn't learn that it had expansions until 2017 when I started playing TS3 again, getting more into the Sims and watching review videos. Way too late.

I bought The Sims 2, but only ever got to the point where I had a few households created and was about to start playing. Then I got injured and my life has never been the same.

I didn't even know the Sims 4 existed until 2017 and I got really, really excited, then I saw what they'd done to the series and wanted to cry. I swore I'd never buy it or even try it out (especially since I'm a collector), but I faltered last year and bought the base game and Seasons. Then I found super-cheap expansions on eBay. Now I own 90% of the game, but it's all either in sealed packages or in codes e-mailed to me from Amazon/Walmart. I've played all of twice. The first time, I tried the tutorial and it was broken. A web search revealed that EA has known about the problem I encountered for many years but they simply refuse to fix it. They even went so far as to mark the original EA forum thread as [Solved], which just prompted people to create another one. The second time I "played," it froze on startup.

I know I'll try again someday (the cartoony visuals turned me off when I first saw them, but they've grown on me) because it does seem like something that could be fun at times in a much more casual manner than TS3 (which I take far too seriously). But I think there's a chance I may start a thread on this forum one day just giving away all those packs to people who actually love the game. I made sure to get all of them in code form just for that reason :smile:

Thanks for complimenting my Sim! I'm really not sure anymore :lol: . I've spent so much time tweaking and staring at her and her sister that I've lost all objectivity. She could be hideous too and in a few years I'll look back and cringe.

The oven should be totally doable. I just wish the World's weren't so darn expensive because I'd love to give you Sunlit Tides. :( At this point, I'm just waiting for some people to figure out what they want and trying to do math. This thread isn't jam-packed full of people asking for things, so the total number of people I'll be Gifting to is still fairly small.

Hope you're having a great day! :smile:

@bookwormbeauty

The only World that goes on Daily Deal is Sunlit Tides (which is one of the best worlds IMHO). The only way to get deals on the other worlds is through Make Me an Offer. I can't remember the precise discounts through that, but I believe that the maximum possible seemed to be around 25-30% off. Most offers are like 15% though, so it's just a matter of patience and trying every day. I once got an offer for three sets I wanted, including Lunar Lakes, for 33% off, but my brain glitched and I passed on it.

Did you manage to score any discounts over the holidays? I was planning on checking places (Steam, etc...), but spaced on it. I don't think EA likes doing sales on The Sims 3 anymore because they have years of Sims 4 content planned and want everyone to forget this game exists.

I hope I'm wrong and you got some awesome deals, but that's why I point people to eBay now. I think the Store will stick around for awhile because they don't want open rebellion from a portion of their fan base, but that's about all I see them doing with it. Heck, they even turned The Sims 3 Bug Report area into a view-only sub-board portion at the bottom of the main page here. Not even allowed to discuss problems anymore.

I love furniture and other usable household items too :smile: . Clothing is cool, but with CaST it doesn't matter quite as much because every shirt is a million shirts. I wish there were far more plumbing/furniture/kitchen items in the Store rather than just tons of clothes and decor, but I guess we got what we got.

@xbonusmodex

Yes, SimPoints expire. If your SimPoint balance doesn't change for two years, they go away :(

To the other people who posted their Wishlists and stuff, I'll get back to you when I can. I just don't have the time/energy right now to go back through the thread and find/tag/reply to everyone. Sorry. I already had most of this written and just finished it up finally after taking way too long.

Hope everyone is having a great new year! :smile:
    @xbonusmodex

Yes, SimPoints expire. If your SimPoint balance doesn't change for two years, they go away :(

Awhh that's stupid! But good to know tho! Thankyouu! πŸ₯°
    I hope you get more energy (and time) soon! I'm in the same 'I don't have a lot energy' boat atm so I know how you feel! πŸ’•

Happy new year to you too! Stay healthy and safe! ❀️
    Happy simming too btw! πŸ’‹
    @Symb10sis I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's Eve! :)

I've played Sims 2 (my first Sims game) and I played the test version of Sims 4. However I never bought it because even though I liked the graphics and CAS I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that there's no open world (one of my favorite features of Sims 3).

How annoying it is when EA doesn't fix certain bugs. I occasionally play TS2 because like you mentioned it's nice to have something more casual to play. Maybe I'll buy TS4 someday for the same reason, I guess the expansions would make it more fun. Giving away the game here might be a good idea if you feel like you don't have much interest in it.

No worries, gifting the oven would be super kind to say the least :)

Have a good week!
    @xbonusmodex

Yeah, it's incredibly stupid. I ended up losing thousands of points when I stopped playing TS3 back in 2013 for quite a long time. There's no reason that they should expire; it's not like having them sit in an account costs EA anything.

Thanks for all the kind words! I hope your new year is going fantastic! :smiley:

And, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get some of those emojis? I thought I knew about all the ones on here...

Happy Simming! :smile:

@pinkrobin

Thanks! My New Year's and Christmas were quiet, as always. Thanksgiving turned into a mess that I wish hadn't happened. Yay for the holidays :lol: !

I think I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't like The Sims 4 CAS. I haven't played with it too much, but I just found it very difficult to figure out how grab the exact spot I wanted to work on. It wasn't intuitive at all. A lot of that probably just has to do with it being so much different - I grew up with sliders in games. I did find it easier/faster to create decent-looking Sims than in TS3, but most of that was just due to the graphic style rather than skill. Even the default randoms generally came out passable.

On a side note regarding creating characters - I got PGA 2K21 as part of my Playstation Plus membership last October. Out of boredom one day last week, I decided to give it a shot (pun sorta intended now I guess). I'm not a golfer, but a casual game sounded like fun that minute. To my utter shock, I found that the character creator in there is more robust in many ways than the base Sims games are (any of them). More sliders for more areas, a decent selection of clothes, etc... The graphics were more in line with what I thought TS4 would look like - approaching realism without any sort of uncanny valleyness. A lot of features were missing obviously (it's a golf game, not a people simulator), but I couldn't believe that I could more easily create good-looking Sims in a golf game than I can in a Sims game. Thanks EA!

And yes on the open world! That open world is a huge part of why I love TS3 so much! :heart: It allows me to leave my house (albeit virtually)! And go pretty much anywhere I want, whenever I want! My life is claustrophobic enough without my video games confining me too :wink: .

I can't believe they took that massive of a step back with a sequel. I thought TS4 was going to die quickly because of the lack of open worlds and create-a-style (and so did most reviewers at the time it came out). Now when I read YouTube comments on Sims videos, I often find a sad number of people asking "What's an open world?" Amazing what 8 years will do to peoples' memories.

Oh well, sorry for ranting. I could probably go on forever here.

I'd love to try The Sims 2 again! My understanding is that there's no real way to get it running on Windows 10 anymore because EA officially made it impossible for people to get it into Origin anymore (or something like that). Basically, if you didn't own it prior to (I think) sometime last year or so, you're basically out of luck :( . I don't have enough time for TS3 though (or TS4), so maybe that's a good thing. My backlog of games is almost as massive as TV shows I'm trying to catch up with :lol: .

To end on a good note though - I finally got TS3 to stream properly to my new TV very recently (fixed an issue with it being too dark), so it looks like I'll finally be rejoining the ranks of active Simmers here sometime soon! :smiley:

Hope all is well and that your holidays were spectacular!

@xbonusmodex

Yeah, it's incredibly stupid. I ended up losing thousands of points when I stopped playing TS3 back in 2013 for quite a long time. There's no reason that they should expire; it's not like having them sit in an account costs EA anything.

Thanks for all the kind words! I hope your new year is going fantastic! :smiley:

And, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get some of those emojis? I thought I knew about all the ones on here...

Happy Simming! :smile:

It really is! How stupid πŸ™„
    Do you have a link for me where it's stated? I was planning on buying 10k simpoints but maybe now I would just buy 5k, to be sure... πŸ˜…

My emoji's are my phone's emoji's πŸ˜‡ (I own a Huawei mate 20 lite πŸ˜‰)

Have a good day! Happy simming again and again! πŸ’•
    @xbonusmodex

Here's the link:
    https://store.thesims3.com/dsa.html
    You can find that specific term under Section 10.
    "If your EA Account has a SimPoints balance which has not changed for twenty-four (24) months or more, your SimPoints will expire and your account may be cancelled for non-use."

I suppose it does say "Or more," (which is vague and weird) but all I know is that I was forced to stop playing in 2013 due to life and when I came back in 2017, all of my Points were gone. At least my account wasn't cancelled. That portion is horrifying! I think that means that they can not only take away your Points (if you have any), but cancel your account and thereby take away everything you've already bought as well (so make sure to keep backups). I hope that portion is never enforced on anyone.

As long as you spend at least a few Points in any 24-month period though, you should be fine. When I started this thread, I thought it was 2 years no matter what and panicked...

Thanks for the tip on emojis! I didn't even think of that. I'm always on my PC when I'm here. Every time I think to log in on my phone, I realize I don't know my password and never feel like getting on my PC just to look it up :lol: .

Have a good day as well and Happy Simming! :smile:
    edited January 2022
    @Symb10sis Thank you, I had a nice Christmas as well as New Year's Eve.

I have never heard of that game, but being able to create such good-looking characters in it sounds interesting!

I agree that it was a step back, honestly TS4 feels more like a sequel to TS2 than to 3. I think one of the reasons TS4 is popular anyway is because a lot of people experienced lag in TS3 due to the open world. Sure, it can take several minutes to open my long-running saves but after that I hardly experience any lag (partly thanks to mods though). I rather have only one loading screen which I have to stare at for some minutes than having loading screens pop up everytime my sim leaves the house.

That's unfortunate! :/ Sims 2 runs on my Windows 8, but I guess that's the last compatible version... Happy to hear that you fixed the problem with your TV though! Hopefully you'll be able to play a lot :)

I hope your weekend was good!
    It seems like the universe will stop at nothing when it comes to me, this thread and The Sims in general.

I have covid :(

I'm thankfully getting better, but I became incredibly ill, incredibly suddenly (it's scary how sick I got in the course of one day and how many symptoms appeared). Last Thursday/Friday were truly hellish, but I hope my healing trend continues. I've also thankfully remained healthy enough to stay at home without medical intervention (though I think any sane person would have sought medical attention had they gone through what I did :lol: ).

I'd write more, but I'm dealing with pretty intense head pressure and have other people to write/notify and things to do online. This is my first real day out of bed since this began.

Hope everyone out there is doing well and staying safe! :smile:
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Ecaelr
    I usually add sets instead of individual items, if anyone is willing to gift, they can gift items from those sets.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
    It seems like the universe will stop at nothing when it comes to me, this thread and The Sims in general.

I have covid :(

I'm thankfully getting better, but I became incredibly ill, incredibly suddenly (it's scary how sick I got in the course of one day and how many symptoms appeared). Last Thursday/Friday were truly hellish, but I hope my healing trend continues. I've also thankfully remained healthy enough to stay at home without medical intervention (though I think any sane person would have sought medical attention had they gone through what I did :lol: ).

I'd write more, but I'm dealing with pretty intense head pressure and have other people to write/notify and things to do online. This is my first real day out of bed since this began.

Hope everyone out there is doing well and staying safe! :smile:

That sounds horrible, I really hope you get better soon!
    edited February 2022
    Hello again everyone :smile:

I'm thankfully feeling a bit better tonight and wanted to try my hand at moving this thread along by replying to the people I haven't yet.

I also wanted to start out by posting some links that I found invaluable when it came to my purchases from the Store.
    They answer the basic question of "Ever wonder what Store stuff looks like before you bought it? The previews for hair/clothes on the official Store site are just abysmal (seriously EA?!?), so here are some much better preview sites:
    The Sims 3 Store: Hair Showroom This is best site I found for previewing hairstyles. It has the vast majority of them, all with multiple colors and angles.
    Sims 3 Store Hairstyles – In Game Screens by SimsVIP This site has nearly all the rest of the hairstyles that the site above is missing, though it's a bit more limited, preview-wise (but still way better than the Store site!).
    Sims 3 Store Dressing Room An amazing site that has most (but sadly not all) of the clothing (and some hairstyles too!) available for preview on actual Sims. Just use the little "Search" bar on the upper-right of the site and prepare to be amazed! :smile:

Those are the three that I know about and used. Like I said, they're completely invaluable for buying/choosing Store stuff and are what EA should have done on the Store itself (especially considering the prices...). Hope they help people when creating their Wishlists and also decide what to buy on their own! :smile:

Now on to some replies:

@pinkrobin
    Thank you! :smile: I sent you a PM (and it sent it twice for some reason), so I await your reply! :smiley:
    This has been absolutely awful, but could have been worse.
    I'll try to reply to your last actual post here sometime soon as well, but it'll probably be a couple days. I'm trying to keep these replies short for now and if I start writing about TS4 I probably won't stop :lol: .

@Nerdedixlii
    Sorry to hear that your Wishlist is buggy. Unfortunately the items you listed are out of my price range for gifting. Maybe someone else will come along and help with those, but if you can get your Wishlist posted or just pick a couple cheaper items, I'll see what I can do.

@blueeyeleo
    Much like with Nerdedixlii above, I'm sorry to say that the items in your Wishlist are out of my price range, sorry. :(
    If you'd like to update it with cheaper stuff, I'll totally take another look :smile:

@Coriandre
    Are the items in your Wishlist in the order of what you want most to least? I want to make sure before I send anything your way. Also, if you haven't seen them in-game already, then I highly recommend checking them out on the sites I linked to above to make sure you're getting what you want! :smile:

@FrusturatedUser
    Same question(s) for you as for Coriandre above! It's looking like I'll probably be able to Gift one or two small things like hairstyles/clothes to each person (at least to start...the math here gets hard and I've promised some larger items to long-term friends on here already) and want to make sure you get the things you'd like most! :smile:

@mrcnlbyrk
    Are you close to completing any of those sets? If so, that'd make it much easier for me to decide what to send your way. If there are specific items that would let you CYS, let me know! Otherwise I'm just kinda flying blind lol. Always want my Points to do as much good as possible :smile:

I think that's everyone, but if I missed replying to you, please feel free to post and give me a nudge :smile: .

It's looking at this point like I can spare around a few hundred Points or so for each person to start and then go from there. So please keep that in mind when asking for things. Specifics would be helpful!

And like I wrote in the initial post in this thread, if you're willing to post screenshots of your game then the odds go way up of getting more and/or more expensive items. I hate saying that, but SimPoints aren't cheap and I really want these to go to people who truly love the game the way I do and will get the most use out of them (hopefully years to come :smile: ).

Sorry if this post is disjointed or anything. I'm trying here :lol: . I'm still not well. Covid isn't fun, but at least I'm getting better and didn't end up hospitalized or anything (I'm asthmatic and have neuromuscular issues which affect my breathing, so this could've been much worse).

Happy Simming everyone :smiley:

@FrusturatedUser
    Same question(s) for you as for Coriandre above! It's looking like I'll probably be able to Gift one or two small things like hairstyles/clothes to each person (at least to start...the math here gets hard and I've promised some larger items to long-term friends on here already) and want to make sure you get the things you'd like most! :smile:

Those links you provided are really great! I've definitely changed my mind about a couple of items after seeing better shots of them, and I put my preferences in order now. I used to use the simsvip page to check out hairs before buying, but those other sites give a much better picture. I have been burned before.

gPVt0gg.png

This was the last store hair that I bought. I still like it and I did end up using it, but the ponytail in the back wasn't something I expected.
    lyzeEy9.png
    But I like having hairs especially because they help sims stand out across the generations. My current heir really pulls off this store hair, I think. :)
    @FrusturatedUser

Glad I could be of help! Sorry to hear you've been burned too. I think just about all of us have been at one time or another. Those "Previews" on The Store need some serious help.

I was so stoked back when I found those sites :smiley: . But that was before I went crazy and just bought everything :lol: .

I've seen that first hairstyle in my game and have to agree - the ponytail just doesn't work right.

And yes, your Sim is totally rocking that hair in the second pic! :smile: Thanks for sharing!

I just gifted you your top hairstyle. I hope you enjoy it :smile: . It was a test (in part) because I started tonight out trying (repeatedly) to gift someone else something and it wouldn't go through. Eventually, I tried that hairstyle for you and it went through without a hitch.

It took me about 10 tries using multiple browsers for the other one to finally deduct Points and appear in my Purchase History. At least it finally worked though; it was something I'd promised someone and I didn't think the site was going to let me :rage::relieved::smiley:

Sorry for the delay this week. I've developed some sort of post-covid fatigue and all I've done is sleep. Literally. I've barely been getting up to eat even.

Please let me know if you got the hairstyle and as long as that worked (it should have), I'll start sending you some more :smile:

Happy Simming! :smiley:
    Yes, I got it! Thank you so much for the gift! :smiley: I absolutely love it. I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment, but I did get a chance to download it and test it out in CAS. It looks fantastic! I can tell I'm going to get good use out of it.

I also had some trouble getting the store to work on my end. Other browsers would not work for me, but eventually with Firefox I was able to use the store properly again. But the site is so finnicky nowadays. Glad to hear you got it to do what you needed in the end. I hope you feel better and I appreciate you making the effort to get things out in spite of what you're going through!
  • Sallyp2020Sallyp2020 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Symb10sis Thank you for the preview links! Didn't know it was possible to preview..

I couldn't play for some time but finally got the chance to play again :)
    I've recently got Dragon Valley and am very happy with it! Love the landscape and house-styles.

Would love to get some new stuff and got my eyes on some venues but can't really decide which one..
    Happy Simming!