Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited April 2023
    @UmmmIts1 wrote: »
    SweetieWright_84
    FYI I tested the Harbor lots and those work fine looks like its just the Auditorium that hates me. Hmmmmmmmm off for more testing I'll let you know if I ever figure it out. Thanks for trying to help

You're welcome! Good luck and please let me know if you figure it out. I'll look into it on my end this evening and see if there's anything I can figure out too.

Edit: Another dumb question, if you use mods, did you try removing your mods and clearing the localthumbcache file?

Edit 2: I tested it in my *modded folder, in the actual save I share and my current save, and it worked fine for me. It switched when I told it to switch. I did go on from neighborhood view though, as I'm not sure you can change it in regular build mode.

I also tested the save in my *vanilla folder, and it works there too. I tested both the populated and unpopulated saves, and it worked in both.

Another thing you could try is refresh your Sims 4 folder. To do that: add "(dot)OLD" at the end. Start the game. It will be as if you've never played the game. Once the game has loaded, exit the game, and add the contents of your Tray, Saves, and Options to the newly generated Sims 4 folder. Go back in the game and try to change the lot type again.

*To clarify, I have 2 Sims 4 folders in my documents, one is where I play saves with mods and another is one that has never seen mods. Not relevant to your issue but I wanted to clarify as to not cause confusion.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • UmmmIts1UmmmIts1 Posts: 7 New Member
    @SweetieWright_84

Yeah I tested it with no mods and it still hates me its gotta be something on my end with the save not sure what though. I even tried just re-downloading it and it still laughed at me. I can DL your lot from the gallery and load it no issue so it's defiantly a my game thing. I'm still playing around, but I decided instead of beating my head against this wall more that I would just rebuild the save basically (lol). So me and your gallery are getting well acquainted today.
    SweetieWright_84

Yeah I tested it with no mods and it still hates me its gotta be something on my end with the save not sure what though. I even tried just re-downloading it and it still laughed at me. I can DL your lot from the gallery and load it no issue so it's defiantly a my game thing. I'm still playing around, but I decided instead of beating my head against this wall more that I would just rebuild the save basically (lol). So me and your gallery are getting well acquainted today.

That's a lot of work. Have you tried the unpopulated version to see if it's the same thing? Instead of having to manually place every single lot, you'd just have to add the households. Unless you use the unpopulated version, in which case, just ignore me. :D

Again, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    @SweetieWright_84
    No worries at least you tried. Actually I was all like oh wow this is a bigger project then I thought (major props to you for building this save BTW) and I went you know lets try this i pulled my mods,saves and tray files out deleted all the cache files launched the game to rebuild the folders then re-downloaded the save and launched it. It was fine which means I am back on a mod search cause it was none of the ones I thought it was but as long as no mods are in my game it works now.
    SweetieWright_84
    No worries at least you tried. Actually I was all like oh wow this is a bigger project then I thought (major props to you for building this save BTW) and I went you know lets try this i pulled my mods,saves and tray files out deleted all the cache files launched the game to rebuild the folders then re-downloaded the save and launched it. It was fine which means I am back on a mod search cause it was none of the ones I thought it was but as long as no mods are in my game it works now.

You got it figured out?! If you haven't already, try checking in the Modding Section for the Broken/Updated Mods thread here on the forums. luthienrising does a great job keeping the threads updated.

If you haven't deleted your mods in your old Sims 4 folder, try adding them to the new folder one by one to see if you can find the one.
    @SweetieWright_84

So I found the trouble maker and it was in folder I never would have thought to check for it. :: grumble,grumble,grumble:: lol

So if anyone else has the issue my problem child was an SYB (Syboulette) package file it was a record player that played Christmas music I think it was from 2021
    SweetieWright_84

So I found the trouble maker and it was in folder I never would have thought to check for it. :: grumble,grumble,grumble:: lol

So if anyone else has the issue my problem child was an SYB (Syboulette) package file it was a record player that played Christmas music I think it was from 2021

I'm glad you found the issue. Thanks for coming back to let me know. Enjoy the save! :)
  • AnphithoeAnphithoe Posts: 1 New Member
    Love this so much, definitely the best savegame I've tried.

Thank you! <3
    Anphithoe wrote: »
    Love this so much, definitely the best savegame I've tried.

Thank you! <3

That's so nice of you to say, thank you! I'm glad you like it. :)
  • jennidotjennidot Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! I'm SO sorry to bother you! I know you mentioned before that you don't use Journey to Batuu, but did you happen to use the two new kits in this save? The Greenhouse Haven and Basement Treasures? Thank you very much! I want to use this for my Random Legacy Challenge so thought I would double-check if I need those. Again, thank you for creating this!
    edited May 2023
    @jennidot wrote: »
    Hello! I'm SO sorry to bother you! I know you mentioned before that you don't use Journey to Batuu, but did you happen to use the two new kits in this save? The Greenhouse Haven and Basement Treasures? Thank you very much! I want to use this for my Random Legacy Challenge so thought I would double-check if I need those. Again, thank you for creating this!

No, I don't own any kits except the Desert Luxe kit that was offered for free months ago. I don't think I even used much from that one because I didn't know how many people got it at the time.
  • jennidotjennidot Posts: 6 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > No, I don't own any kits except the Desert Luxe kit that was offered for free months ago. I don't think I even used much from that one because I didn't know how many people got it at the time.

Thank you for the confirmation!
    jennidot wrote: »
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > No, I don't own any kits except the Desert Luxe kit that was offered for free months ago. I don't think I even used much from that one because I didn't know how many people got it at the time.

Thank you for the confirmation!

You're welcome. Enjoy the save! :)
  • TaupeTaupe Posts: 2 New Member
    I have used your save for years and wanted to create an account to say thank you for all the time you put into this and for all the updates. Thank you! <3
    @Taupe wrote: »
    I have used your save for years and wanted to create an account to say thank you for all the time you put into this and for all the updates. Thank you! <3

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the save. Welcome to the forums. <3
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Wow, this file is fantastic! Great job! About to start playing it now. :smile:
    @becks1112 wrote: »
    Wow, this file is fantastic! Great job! About to start playing it now. :smile:

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. Have fun and feel free to come back and tell me about the stories you create. 🙂
  • grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member
    Hello SweetyWright, yours is the only custom save I use. However I have observed that the 'Simple Living' challenge has a detrimental effect to the coherence of family units. It doesn't take long for the Sims to go broke thanks to this (we all know how profoundly stupid they are). I suggest you eliminate it from your next version. it is not present in Copperdale & the last world though so that helps. I'm currently in the process of preparing that save for a new game and I go from family to family, removing that alongside adding all that's missing (often jobs, personal skills, preferences, etc).
    Hello SweetyWright, yours is the only custom save I use. However I have observed that the 'Simple Living' challenge has a detrimental effect to the coherence of family units. It doesn't take long for the Sims to go broke thanks to this (we all know how profoundly stupid they are). I suggest you eliminate it from your next version. it is not present in Copperdale & the last world though so that helps. I'm currently in the process of preparing that save for a new game and I go from family to family, removing that alongside adding all that's missing (often jobs, personal skills, preferences, etc).

I originally didn't have any lot traits or challenges in previous versions but someone else suggested I add them. So I think a healthy balance would be to add traits, omit challenges?
  • grallonspheregrallonsphere Posts: 153 Member

I originally didn't have any lot traits or challenges in previous versions but someone else suggested I add them. So I think a healthy balance would be to add traits, omit challenges?

I think it should be situational. The bar in Strangerville can easily be made 'filthy' or 'grody' (which is what I did with my version (one of Peacemaker's build to replace the original (or what is it yours?). Some households can be made to have 'Simple living', in the countryside for instance (although, as mentioned above, the Sims seem incapable of going out and buying what they need - or they go broke fast if using the automatic option).

When I prepare a game, I load as the chosen family, match their skills with their likes - increase said skills (approximately) depending on age. Since I use Whicked Whims I also have to go through each member of a family and adjust those settings as well (when age appropriate). I then adjust the money depending on the job they have ( or I give them) and according to their professional lvls. It's time consuming. I don't know if I'll go through each and everyone of them in all the worlds but at least those I intend to interact with.

What a pity the 'pre-game' where you create a story for a new sim doesn't allow you to adjust all that ahead of time.

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think it's just not possible to please everyone with every single decision that has to be made to set up a save file.

You're doing great, @SweetieWright_84.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    [
    I think it should be situational. The bar in Strangerville can easily be made 'filthy' or 'grody' (which is what I did with my version (one of Peacemaker's build to replace the original (or what is it yours?). Some households can be made to have 'Simple living', in the countryside for instance (although, as mentioned above, the Sims seem incapable of going out and buying what they need - or they go broke fast if using the automatic option).

When I prepare a game, I load as the chosen family, match their skills with their likes - increase said skills (approximately) depending on age. Since I use Whicked Whims I also have to go through each member of a family and adjust those settings as well (when age appropriate). I then adjust the money depending on the job they have ( or I give them) and according to their professional lvls. It's time consuming. I don't know if I'll go through each and everyone of them in all the worlds but at least those I intend to interact with.

What a pity the 'pre-game' where you create a story for a new sim doesn't allow you to adjust all that ahead of time.

I do something similar to what you mentioned when setting up a game for myself. The good thing about using a save is you don't have to start in CAS unless you just want to make a sim.

In my own gameplay, I give all residential lots the Simple Living trait. I like for my sims to struggle a bit, not a full on Rags to Riches thing but a struggle to some degree.

I'll consider your suggestion. I may make a poll and see what the general consensus is. Thanks for your feedback. 🙂
    I think it's just not possible to please everyone with every single decision that has to be made to set up a save file.

You're doing great, @SweetieWright_84.

Everyone has a different playstyle. I even play differently from one save to another. Sometimes I focus on one household, sometimes I rotate. Sometimes I play wholesome families, sometimes I play with a lot of drama. Finding a healthy balance for a base save is a learning process for sure.
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I just want to thank you again for this save file! Almost all of your houses are *exactly* what I look for in a good family house. This is my go-to save file from know on!
    @becks1112 wrote: »
    I just want to thank you again for this save file! Almost all of your houses are *exactly* what I look for in a good family house. This is my go-to save file from know on!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! :)<3
  • GeovonnieGeovonnie Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi and thank you for the save files. I am very excited to play the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top