Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheapest way to own compilation/sets/venues!

Comments

• CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    @fantuanss I did this cascade a year ago by doing this
    Best of 2012-- 910 sp
    - DD# 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - DD# 952: Stones Throw Greenhouse (760 SP)
    - Best of 2012--- free!
    Dont know for sure about the other method that was proposed but just owning the grill and the greenhouse works.
  • xbonusmodexxbonusmodex Posts: 28 Member
    Hii yall!
    Does someone know if

'* Al Fresco Street Market, 494/1710 sp
    - DD #887: 494 sp'

Will be free on DD #887 if I purchase the harvest stands now via the 'on sale now!' page? 😇

I can't wait to have the harvest stands... 😅
    Thanks in forward! ❤️
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited January 2022
    @xbonusmodex - Hi. Do not purchase the harvest stand if you are planning to own the Al Fresco Street Market!

As stated on page 1 of this thread in the Venue section
    Venues don’t have CYS activated. Do not buy anything to cheapen the price, it doesn’t work. However, items from venues do cheapen the price of the compilation those venues belong to.
    The Al Fresco Street Market is not eligible for Complete Your Set Discount. So you will not get credit for buying the harvest stand. In fact, you will be double spending for an item that will be included in the venue. Also, the market is not included in any compilation and neither is the harvest stand.

The Al Fresco Street Market is a venue. None of the venues are eligible for the Complete Your Set discount. Be careful because a few of the sets are also not eligible for the discount. If you are logged into the store, go to the set store page. Sets not eligible for CYS will have the following statement on their store page - "This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time." For example, check out Fashionable Fitness Set.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • xbonusmodexxbonusmodex Posts: 28 Member
    Thankss @Me1620!! I totally forgot that some sets don't have the cys discount and didn't look if there was a discount on the Al Fresco market. 😅 I somehow also read over the 'quote' you shared... 😅

Thanks a lot, again! Xx
  • fantuanssfantuanss Posts: 48 Member
    OK I found out if I wants to get the things I want, I would have not enough simpoints if I bought the grill instead of the shirt, around 20 simpoints more. So the shirt must work and I'm gonna get the greenhouse first to see how it goes. Hope it worked...
    If it didn't work I would sadly need to remove to basketball hoop in my wishlist.
  • SpiredMothSpiredMoth Posts: 98 Member
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I can tell you with certainty that the Greenhouse + Tanchoi Touches Top will not give you enough for the compilation.

I spent the first part of 2021 working on the long path to owning Best of 2012, keeping track of my CYS after every purchase. According to my calculations, the total worth of the Stones Throw Greenhouse is somewhere in the range of 5248 to 5488. Even if the Greenhouse is worth the max of that range, adding the Top's value (45 SP) only gives you 5533 SP towards Best of 2012, which is well short of the compilation's 5832 price.

I should really try to organize the notes I've been working on the past year or so (since Dec 2020 when I found the DD list) and post some of my findings because I've found a surprising number of corrections to the suggestions in the first posts of this thread.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited January 2022
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @waterywatermelon - A good tool for stalking the DD are the time zone specific spreadsheets. If you are interested in downloading one of those spreadsheets, I would be happy to update the one for your time zone.

If you are not comfortable using spreadsheets, then Elianahere's CYS Calculator is an excellent tool to determine if you own enough items in a set for it to be free when the set comes up on the DD.

quick question about that: does it become free download after it's been on the DD (when the conditions you mentioned are met), or only during the 2-hour window of it being up on the DD? Do we have to lie in wait and catch things as they come up on DD in other words?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    > @SpiredMoth said:
    > Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I can tell you with certainty that the Greenhouse + Tanchoi Touches Top will not give you enough for the compilation.
    >
    > I spent the first part of 2021 working on the long path to owning Best of 2012, keeping track of my CYS after every purchase. According to my calculations, the total worth of the Stones Throw Greenhouse is somewhere in the range of 5248 to 5488. Even if the Greenhouse is worth the max of that range, adding the Top's value (45 SP) only gives you 5533 SP towards Best of 2012, which is well short of the compilation's 5832 price.
    >
    > I should really try to organize the notes I've been working on the past year or so (since Dec 2020 when I found the DD list) and post some of my findings because I've found a surprising number of corrections to the suggestions in the first posts of this thread.
    That's cool!!! I can't wait!!
    But I found my self stupid. I saw the deal of the basketball hoop is 165, but it is actually 130. I can buy everything I want right now even with the grill. But I';; still buy the greenhouse first to experiment!
    Wait a second, it seems I still can't... I'll be missing 50 points. Crap XD
    quick question about that: does it become free download after it's been on the DD (when the conditions you mentioned are met), or only during the 2-hour window of it being up on the DD? Do we have to lie in wait and catch things as they come up on DD in other words?

The set is only free during the window of it being on the DD. A few of the deals are 1 hours or 3 hours, but the majority are 2 hours. Many of us have set alarms to be catch the deal when it came up on the DD. :)

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited January 2022
    SpiredMoth wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I can tell you with certainty that the Greenhouse + Tanchoi Touches Top will not give you enough for the compilation.

I spent the first part of 2021 working on the long path to owning Best of 2012, keeping track of my CYS after every purchase. According to my calculations, the total worth of the Stones Throw Greenhouse is somewhere in the range of 5248 to 5488. Even if the Greenhouse is worth the max of that range, adding the Top's value (45 SP) only gives you 5533 SP towards Best of 2012, which is well short of the compilation's 5832 price.

I should really try to organize the notes I've been working on the past year or so (since Dec 2020 when I found the DD list) and post some of my findings because I've found a surprising number of corrections to the suggestions in the first posts of this thread.

(@puzzleaddict and @Coriandre, I would love your input on this.) @SpiredMoth, I don't know whether or not owning the Greenhouse and the top will give enough for the compilation. Do you already own Best of 2012 compilation? If not, I would be curious what your current CYS price is. The compilation's selling price of 5832 is the regular price and not the discounted CYS price. The CYS price then would be lower than 5832 once items in the compilation are purchased. The basic rule for working out the CYS price is (Set Price*.9)-(Cost of all the items owned*.9) rounded up to the nearest 5sp. See this post of the Daily Deal thread for a very detailed discussion on CYS . So the CYS would not be 5832 if you own the venue. The problem with a venue is we do not know the value of the individual items.

I would like to add that, in August 2020, puzzleaddict had posted that
    ... that the CYS for certain sets seems off, like people aren't getting credit for 90% of the value of items they buy. I noticed that myself a while back, and I realized that certain sets' CYS seems to change to 80% of the total price minus 80% of what I own, rather than 90/90.
    You can view the posts related to this discussion from the CYS section on the DD thread.

SpiredMoth wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea. This thread was created almost 4 years ago. I don't doubt you may find some surprising corrections. As I mentioned above, puzzleaddict found changes to the 90/90 rule in August 2020. On January 3rd, EmmaVane posted that the price of Worldly Goodies is now 100 sp when it was not available for individual sale for years.

edited March 2022
    As of May 11, 2021 I own Best of 2012 Compilation, and below are my purchases towards it. The Owned, Owned % and New CYS are all from after the associated purchase

| Purchase | Paid | Owned | Owned % | New CYS |
    | ------------------------------------- | -------: | ----: | ------: | ------: |
    | India Inspirations Collection | 799/1783 | 2639 | 22%* | 2875 |
    | Chun Co. Teppenyaki Grill | 150/552 | 3191 | 27%* | 2375 |
    | Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron | 162/461 | 3652 | 31%* | 1960 |
    | Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings | 750/1225 | 4639 | 39% | 1075 |
    | More Magic! | 0/1100 | 4972 | 42% | 775 |
    | Itadakimasu! Japanese Inspired Dining | 0/490 | 6350 | 54% | 0 |

Owned % is the Store reported owned percentage (bar at top of set's page). The percents with a * were not recorded when they were active so I estimated them (as they're all below 50 anyway their exact value doesn't really matter much for CYS)

Using the above known percents, I estimated the value of Stones Throw Greenhouse like so

Best of 2012 known prices: 7525
    Known venue item prices: 1175
    - sunflower: 545
    - gardening station: 630
    Best of 2012 without venue items: 6350

| Owned | Store % | Est. Min | Est. Max | Missing |
    | ----: | ------: | -------: | -------: | ----------: |
    | 4639 | 39 | 11598 | 11894 | 5248 - 5544 |
    | 4972 | 42 | 11563 | 11838 | 5213 - 5488 |
    | 6350 | 54 | 11546 | 11759 | 5196 - 5409 |

I'm well aware of the CYS formula, as well as the changing CYS discount findings of puzzlezaddict. I spent ~5 months gathering data from the Store by hand and refining the CYS formula (using all the info you just pointed me towards, though I didn't necessarily get it all from there) to create a spreadsheet that can accurately predict the Store's CYS offers.

Working towards Best of 2012 actually allowed me to uncover ANOTHER change in the CYS discount based on how much of a set you own: somewhere between 60% and 75% the discount changes from 80% to 70%. Building off of puzzlezaddict's work, I estimated the new change and my calculations became correct. Since I made this change (the day I bought Enchanted Bundle in April 2021) my calculations have only been wrong on 2 of 376 test cases, which were Kids! 2010 and Tip Top Toddler Collection (known to be bugged via the Animals Abound cascade).

| Set | Owned | Owned % | Store CYS | 80% CYS | 70% CYS |
    | ---------------------- | ----: | ------: | --------: | ------: | ------: |
    | More Magic! | 1448 | 81 | 235 | 265 | 235 |
    | May 2011 Compilation | 3804 | 75 | 60 | 70 | 60 |
    | April 2012 Compilation | 2826 | 60 | 435 | 435 | 380 |

(sorry for bad table formatting -- they look much nicer the my original markdown file)

Edit 2022-03-07: guess I can't edit in prettier formatting to posts I made before being a full member
    Post edited by SpiredMoth on
    edited March 2022
    Sorry for the double post, but after posting the above I realized that I should have included my math for Best of 2012's CYS when going through Stones Throw Greenhouse.

Best of 2012 price: 5832
    Stones Throw Greenhouse value (approx. see above for details): 5248 - 5409

CYS = (set_price - items_worth) * discount
    CYS (min value venue) = (5832 - 5248) * 0.9 = 525.6 = 525
    CYS (max value venue) = (5832 - 5409) * 0.9 = 380.7 = 380

So with the Stones Throw Greenhouse alone, the CYS for Best of 2012 should be somewhere in the range of 380-525

With India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top (worth 45 SP) added in, the math works out as follows

CYS (min value venue) = (5832 - 5292) * 0.9 = 485.1 = 485
    CYS (max value venue) = (5832 - 5454) * 0.9 = 340.2 = 340

So even with the Top the CYS of Best of 2012 would NOT be down to 0.

P.S.: The "max value venue" CYS prices are technically wrong, but the CYS rounding rules I've uncovered is a post unto itself and not really worth knowing for the average user.

Edit: fix some wrong numbers
    Post edited by SpiredMoth on
    Oh one thing I forgot to mention, I own the cowplant from January 2012(Bought it before). I've checked that the same stuff between January 2012 and best of 2012 is "more magic". According this thread complete January 2012 is 578 sp without cowplant. So I'm soon gonna calculate to see if there are cheaper price to do it(less than 910) , and I'm gonna figure out how to calculate first XD
    @fantuanss I'm seeing 2 paths, both mentioned at the beginning of this thread:

Path 1: 422 SP
    1. DD #805: Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron (162/461)
    2. DD #19: Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (260/750 via CYS)
    3. DD #133: More Magic! (free via CYS)

Path 2: 834 SP
    1. DD #586: Gothique Library (672/972)
    2. DD #805: Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron (162/461)
    3. DD #19: Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (260/750 via CYS)
    4. DD #133: More Magic! (free via CYS)

Owning Enchanted Bundle actually makes More Magic free on all of its DD appearances. I chose to list #133 because it's the first appearance.

First is cheaper, but will cause you to pay for Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells again if you want the Library later.
    @SpiredMoth - Very impressive work on the CYS.

Thanks for your incredible help.
    I tried to calculate the discount of best of 2012 if I got more magic from completing January 2012. Unfortunately if I got more magic+itadakimatsu I'll still unable to complete best of 2012, and getting India collection will be more than 910. So I'll still get the greenhouse and report the CYS price back unless I figured out something.
    I'll be missing 50 points more for the basketball hoop if I want it. I'll wait to see if I will get it with the simpoints from roaring heights (Not sure when will it on sale and I'll get it), or I'll try to post my wishlist on store gifting site.
    And thanks for everyone who helps for the CYS discount calculate. Now is the waiting game, I got the Duke of fairy venue on DD with my 1900 simpoints from DV and I'm having lots of fun! 😊
  • HolaheyeHolaheye Posts: 88 Member
    Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone noticed this before, but I discovered something interesting about the January 2012 Compilation. On the items list, More Magic! set is included but the items of that set are also included in the list (except the crystal ball). I think they mistakingly included the set itself instead of the crystal ball. Here's a screenshot showing this:

loSkWe5.png

So as a result, owning the More Magic! set makes the January 2012 Compilation much cheaper thanks to the CYS discount (For calculations, owning the magic set will have 3273 simpoints worth of effect on the compilation, almost making it free). Using this, you can get the compilation for 496 sp (instead of 764) by following the steps below:

- DD #663: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove (26/90 sp)
    - DD #787: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher (25/81 sp)
    - DD #805: Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron (162/461)
    - DD #812: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Noble Nuker Microwave (23/68 sp)
    - DD #19: Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (260 sp)
    => CYS More Magic! (free)
    => CYS: January 2012 (free)
    OK, I have some digging about best of 2012 complication. Seems like spiredmoth is correct_ To complete it you would need the greenhouse plus something values around 300 sps. (A comment way back in 2015 says__Yeah! I got the greenhouse. Now I just need something worth around 300 simpoints!).
    So I think my cheapest deal is still the greenhouse plus the grill. The shirt has high possibility won't work.
    I noticed the doubled More Magic a while back, while building my personal CYS spreadsheet. Your 496 SP path for January 2012 is definitely an improvement over the 764 SP suggestion from the beginning of the thread (it suggests also buying Killer Classics and Edwardian Kitchen). Though I just found a slightly cheaper path

January 2012 Compilation (~485/3500)
    - DD #663: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove (26/90)
    - DD #787: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher (25/81)
    - DD #805: Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron (162/461)
    - DD #862: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf (6/25)
    - DD #929: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Pure and Tasteful (6/25)
    - DD #19: Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (260/750 via CYS)
    - DD #133: More Magic! (free via CYS)
    - CYS: January 2012 Compilation (~5/3500)
    I've gone over my notes on updates to this thread's suggestions. I haven't even covered half of the sets yet, and most of my corrections seem to be minor number updates. Below are the few actually changed cheapest paths. As with Merelhyn's suggestions, these all assume you are just starting to buy items from the set.

I apologize for this massive wall of text.

As a note: any prices with a ~ in front are estimated by my CYS calculator--they should be what the Store reports your CYS as, but there's a small chance they're off by 5 SP.

---

Island Escape Compilation (79/2400 -- *saves up to 102 SP*)

First up is Island Escape Compilation, which has stood out to me since I started looking at it back in Jan 2021. It also affects some of my other corrections, so it's best to show it first. I actually found 3 better paths, all worth mentioning for different reasons.

All 3 paths also affect the following sets accordingly:
    - Full Tiki Set (saves up to 102)
    - Tiki Living Room Set (saves up to 73)
    - Tiki Outdoor Party (saves up to 102)
    - May 2011 Compilation (saves up to 102)

Path 1 is in all ways better than Merelhyn's -- it's shorter (by 1 purchase) and cheaper for exactly the same items. It is worth pointing out that it is the most expensive of my paths.

Path 1 (104/2400 -- *saves 77 SP*)
    - DD #122: CocoCounter from Nothing Atoll (29/50)
    - DD #304: Tiki Dining Room Set (0/50)
    - CYS: Full Tiki Set (75/466)
    - DD #833: Island Escape Compilation (0/696)

Paths 2 and 3 take a different route by skipping Tiki Living Room and going for Island Villa instead. Path 2 is the cheapest of my paths, but is also the longest.

Path 2 (79/2400 -- cheapest, *saves 102 SP*)
    - DD #208: Sun, Surf and Sand Dresser (32/61)
    - DD #426: Woven Wicker Baskets (9/25)
    - DD #703: Woven Wicker Trunk (9/25)
    - DD #365: Island Villa (0/98)

Path 3 is the middle-of-the-road of my finds and arguably the best. It comes in 2 variations, with the difference being 1 effectively identical purchase.

Path 3 v1 (80/2400 -- *saves 101 SP*) -- confirmed through personal experience
    - DD #365: Island Villa (10/98)

Path 3 v2 (80/2400 -- *saves 101 SP*)
    - DD #365: Island Villa (10/98)

---

Sun, Surf and Sand (Swim + Sleep) (~227/1535 -- *saves ~339 SP*)

This path also affects:
    - Life's a Beach (Swim) (*saves 339 SP*)
    - Sun, Surf & Sand (Sleep) (*saves 146 SP*)

The biggest savings of all sets I've researched so far, achieved by skipping Life's a Beach (Swim) and instead going for the combo.

- DD #006: Getaway Lounge Chair (57/81)
    - DD #355: Pineapple Pottery (14/31)
    - DD #557: She Put the Lime in the Coconut Top (26/75)
    - DD #565: "O" Bandeau (22/75)
    - DD #591: Wet Suit (22/75)
    - DD #648: Getaway Dining Chair (26/68)
    - DD #869: Locks & Keys (21/75)
    - DD #949: Tropical Fruit Bowl (9/27)
    - DD #506: Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) (~30/543) -- also works with DD #762

As proof of the potential savings of my change to this set, here's the path I took to get the set BEFORE I found the DD list.

Personal experience (449 SP -- *saved 117 SP*)
    - DD #970: "O" Bandeau (29/75)
    - DD #506: Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) (420/543)

---

May 2011 Compilation (596/3892 -- *saves 192 SP*)

Besides the savings gained from Island Escape detailed above, May 2011 gets improved further by skipping Everyday Casual Chic on DD #759 in favor of going straight for the compilation's CYS.

- DD #091: Lloyd Wright Bookshelf (23/75)
    - DD #129: Forever Living Plant (8/25)
    - DD #448: Sleek Chic (45/99)
    - DD #525: A Little Chilly Dress (37/75)
    - DD #654: Tubular Television (55/99)
    - DD #863: Rocket Johnny's Retro Ride (80/198)
    - DD #879: Pocketed Skirt (43/68)
    - DD #922: Bargain Lamp (11/25)
    - DD #169: Mid-Century Fantasy (155/1296)
    - DD #365: Island Villa (0/98)
    - CYS: May 2011 Compilation (60/3892)

Even without factoring in the changing CYS discount for owning enough of a set, May 2011 is better due to its owned value being closer to the set's regular price than Everyday Casual Chic's is to its DD:

- May 2011 Compilation: 3892 - 3804 = 88
    - Everyday Casual Chic: 378 - 242 = 136

---

May 2012 Compilation Set (254/2800 -- *saves 37 SP*)

This path also affects:
    - Technophobe No More (saves 37 SP)
    - Gothic Glamour- Living Room and Home Office Collection (saves 37 SP)
    - Gothic Glamour- Home Office Set (saves 37 SP)
    - Gothic Glamour- Living Room Set (saves 37 SP)
    - Oh My Goth! Compilation (saves ~40 SP -- the Gothique Living portion remains unchanged)

Trying to get the most for my SP while aiming for the MultiTab 6000, I came across this gem of a route.

- DD #267: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom- Ikat Lattice Cambodian Rug (33/61)
    - DD #482: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- The Royal Treatment Towel Rack (7/25)
    - DD #544: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Bou Sra Waterfall Shower (40/62)
    - DD #651: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Walk the Path Rug (30/45)
    - DD #789: Kingdom of Cambodia Bathroom- Self Reflection Wall Mirror (19/89)
    - DD #509: Kingdom of Cambodia Bedroom and Bathroom Collection (125/420)
    - DD #751: May 2012 Compilation (0/1540) -- also works for DD #395 (0/1232), #436 (0/1316), and #454 (0/700)

I'm not sure how the old Gothic Glamour cascade originally worked, but based on what I've read in LadybugLeslie's Cascades & Daily Deals thread this should be a good replacement for it.

---

Fabulous Fiesta! (~145/1045 -- *saves 56 SP*)

This path also affects:
    - Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set (*saves 8 SP*)
    - suggested path: 71/608
    - this path: 63/608
    - Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation (*saves 56 SP*)
    - April 2012 Compilation (*saves ~16 SP*) -- DO NOT buy the Dining Room stuff to get these savings

Liking the Mexican themed items and noticing that nearly everything in the Hacienda Kitchen appeared as a DD (including the set itself!) I thought maybe there was a chance for improvement.

- DD #189: Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Wall Mirror (27/81)
    - DD #243: Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Cantina Compactor (29/81)
    - DD #298: Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Wall Chilies Sculpture (7/25)
    - DD #845: Haute Hacienda Kitchen Set (0/188)
    - DD #939: Haute Hacienda Dining Room- Desert Cactus Sculpture (7/30)
    - CYS: Haute Hacienda Kitchen and Dining Room Compilation (~75/1013)
    - CYS: Fabulous Fiesta! (0/1045)

This is mostly just confirmation of puzzlezaddict's post from Feb 2021.

---

Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set (~141/407 -- *saves 15 SP*)

The New Year, New Kitchen! sets looked ripe for potential savings for the same reason as Haute Hacienda Kitchen, so I explored options and came up with this

- DD #145: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Graceful Gelatin Taste and Style Sculpture (11/25)
    - DD #493: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Stained Glass Sophistication Window (44/90)
    - DD #663: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Toasty Fine Flame Finish Stove (26/90)
    - DD #787: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Classy Clean Dishwasher (25/81)
    - DD #812: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Noble Nuker Microwave (23/68)
    - DD #862: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Haute High Hanging Wall Shelf (6/25)
    - DD #929: Edwardian Expression Kitchen- Pure and Tasteful (6/25)
    - CYS: Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set (~0/407)

New Year, New Kitchen! then combines the above with these Steampunk Kitchen items:

New Year, New Kitchen! (~257/1053 -- *saves 15 SP*)
    - DD #126: Steampunk Kitchen- Artic Keen Cog and Sprocket Refridgerator (37/81)
    - DD #593: Steampunk Kitchen- Streaming Gauge Hot Beverage Brewer (32/71)
    - DD #801: Steampunk Kitchen- Grease Gear Cleansing Dishwasher (36/85)
    - DD #977: Steampunk Kitchen- Spring Locked In Lantern Terrarium (11/25)
    - CYS: New Year, New Kitchen (0/1053)

---

These last few merely add in an item that was overlooked

Le Cirque Celebration! (~815/3142 -- *saves 296 SP*)
    - DD #016: Le Cirque Nouveau- The Acrobat (13/39)
    - DD #197: Le Cirque Nouveau- Little Drama Curls Hairstyle (39/109)
    - DD #198: Le Cirque Nouveau- Diva Plava Hairstyle (37/50)
    - DD #207: Le Cirque Esprit- Little Jester's Gym Slide (27/182)
    - DD #251: Le Cirque Esprit- Just A Hare Carousel Spring Rider (32/122)
    - DD #271: Le Cirque Nouveau- Flock of Evils Hairstyle (26/47)
    - DD #337: Aims Co. Choc-O-Falls Fountain (125/545) -- was left out
    - DD #611: Le Cirque Esprit- Knife Thrower's Table (26/69)
    - DD #717: Le Cirque Esprit (~95/479)
    - CYS: Le Cirque Celebration! (~395/3142)

This path also affects:
    - Le Cirque Nouveau (*saves 106 SP*)

Everyday Teens Collection (~359/972 -- *saves 84 SP*)
    - sale: Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine (168/234) -- was left out
    - DD #801: Tee is for Teen (31/68)
    - DD #478: Everyday Teens Collection (~160/481)

Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit (~71/600 -- *saves 15 SP*)
    - DD #151: Classy Chassis Dining Chair (20/75)
    - DD #441: Hot Rod Table (29/75)
    - DD #583: Souped Up Napkin Holder (7/25) -- was left out
    - DD #521: Hogan's Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit (~15/192)

This path also affects:
    - I Heart The 50's (*saves 15 SP*)
    - Rebel Just Because (*saves 15 SP*)
    I was looking over upcoming DDs and checking their sets for better paths and found a couple updates:

---

Man Cave Compilation (~79/3000 -- *saves 51 SP*)

This path also affects:
    - Level Up Collection (*saves ~51 SP*)

It turns out that It's Game Time by itself is almost worth enough to make Man Cave Compilation free on its best DDs

- DD #660: Check This Home Hokey Table (22/75)
    - DD #781: SCORE Television (42/99)
    - DD #461: It's Game Time (0/154)
    - DD #386: Man Cave Compilation (~15/750 -- also DD #714)

@fantuanss I remember you saying that you might be short some points for the Basketball Hoop. I don't know if you already had plans to get this set or not, but it is a cheaper path to the Hoop

---

Added missed item(s)

- Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles (~297/757 -- *saves 21 SP*)
    - DD #540: Happily Ever After- Heroic Hair (30/68)
    - DD #758: Happily Ever After- Market Square Outfit (14/31)
    - DD #260: Happily Ever After- Village Girl Outfit (19/41)
    - DD #140: Happily Ever After- Pauper Hides a Prince Outfit (21/45)
    - DD #856: Happily Ever After- Inside, A Princess Dress (38/39) -- was left out
    - DD #667: Happily Ever After Clothing and Hairstyles (~175/420)

---

I might keep up this pattern of checking upcoming DDs and using them to decide which sets to check next, at least when I'm not busy with other stuff (I'm working making my CYS calculating Google Sheet into a Python program, among other things)
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Me1620 I haven't been around lately and only saw this now. I do have a few cheaper ways to own compilations that @SpiredMoth didn't mention, so I'll list them in case anyone else is still interested. I didn't actually test the Full Ultra Lounge set without Animals Abound; I just did the math.

Best of 2010 (cost is 2,940 on DD 242), without any discount from Animals Abound Cascade (T = ~525)
    • Tiki Dining Room: 29 points spent for 381 points of value
    • Island Villa for 50 -> Island Escape is free (adds Tiki Living Room, 410 pt value)
    • Full Interior Castle: ~111/664 (Merelhyn's route)
    • Ultra Lounge kitchen: ~298/852 -> add Ultra Lounge bath for 0/510
    • -> Total spent = ~488 for 2,817 points' credit
    • DD 421: 7/25 (part of Wilderness Dreaming)
    • DD 485: 15/50 (part of UL Bedroom)
    • DD 526: 9/25 (Part of Asian Fusion)
    • DD 733: 6/25 (part of UL Living)

This uses the cheaper Full Tiki set/Island Living cost of 79 mentioned by SpiredMoth.

I believe doing the above makes Full Ultra Lounge free as well, also cheaper than Merelhyn listed.

Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire (cost is 954 on DD 726)
    • FF attire: cost is ~238 for 790 (Merelhyn's route but it's cheaper than she lists)
    • DD 728: 11/27
    • DD 818: 14/25
    • -> CYS is ~100 -> cost = ~363
    • also cheaper than Faire Folk Slumber + Den path listed

Storybook Bathroom (cost is 78 on DD 135): the path is correct but not the listed cost
    • DD 26: 30/54
    • DD 560: 9/25
    • -> set is free on DD

Make a Wish ~ 696 (cost is 2,622 on DD 853)
    • Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire: cost = ~363 for 1,566 (above)
    • Storybook Bathroom: 39 for 290 (above)
    • Happily Ever After Clothing + Hair: ~294 for 790 (Merelhyn's route)

Adventurous Life is 578 on DD 585

I think there's a cheaper way to do the Full Hewnsman set, but I haven't checked my work.
    I think you're forgetting to factor in the changing CYS discount because I'm getting the following:

Ultra Lounge Kitchen: ~288 (~80 for CYS)
    Faire Folk Furnishings + Attire: ~348 (~85 for CYS)

Otherwise your math matches what I'm getting with my spreadsheet. Great work!
    (Note: I did not try looking for alternatives. I only double-checked the math)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top