Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I wish
    - older base game careers to be updated with a work from home option
    - make selvadorada and granite falls residential. Now that we can place rentals everywhere, there is no reason to have these two worlds restricted as vacation only
    - unlock all occult cas for all sims. Allow us to create sims with pointy ears. If we can create blue and green skinned sims, there is no harm in allowing the pastel mermaid skins as well.
    - fantasy hair colours for all ages. If my sims offspring can inherit blue skintones, they should be able to inherit the matching blue hair as well
    - start doing pack refreshes again. Some of the older packs could do with a little update
  • EmodoEmodo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! :)
    I'm super happy about all the gender-mixing options added with the options of having female/male physical frame. What saddens me is the restrictions on having facial hair. Currently only males with male or female frame can have facial hair. So a female sim with a male frame, similar to a transwoman, does not get the option to have any facial hair.

I would like to see an option similar to the male/female physical frame option, like: "Can this sim grow a beard?" Or just having the facial hair tab available for all gender of sims, so that female sims also have the option of having facial hair.

Thank you :)
  • LostinvastLostinvast Posts: 1 New Member
    I’d love to see more customizable hair colors - just as you can change the scale of the skin tones as well as eyeshadow colors, I’d love to see that done for hair color. The blond colors are either super bright bleached, or too yellow.

The ability to make children, toddlers and babies is great, but very basic. I hope to see the feature to customize children advance so I can make a more accurate depiction of my children. More eye shapes, lips, noses, birthmarks etc.

I also find my gameplay limited because of the lack of emotions the sims display. Developing their range of personality traits in a way that will evolve the characters in a more natural way would be really neat. It’s still so robotic and not personal. It’s missing something I can’t quite put my finger on. I find myself spending more time designing new sims than being submerged in actual gameplay lately.
  • QueenPocaQueenPoca Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m a console player, so my game play relies on what EA creates. I would love to see:

Individual eyelashes instead of the highlight shaped lashes.
    More ethnic hair, I’m multiple lengths (not only short OR long).
    More Tattoos and maybe a career to be a tattoo artist. I think it works would be really cool to go to a tattoo parlor with friends and get tattoos. Maybe the option to stack tattoos. For example multiple arm tatts or leg tatts, or tattoos that aren’t for just one area.
    Update clothes and shoes.
    We don’t have many cute heel sandals. Maybe some platform sandals. Thigh high heel boots, sandals and sneakers.
    More nail art. Also, fixing the missing nails from spa day.
    Adding more color swatches that match for clothing and shoe items we already have.
  • QueenPocaQueenPoca Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love this!!! And maybe we could get a notification that they passed away and their children are in need of a home, or maybe a foster home that we can visit and adopt them from.

> @Layton said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > could someone make an update which would allow us to adopt children from the game, which lost their parants because of death in the family? It happened to me several times, that adult sims in one of my families died and children - toddlers, children, infants were missing and I couldnt find them any more. It would be cool if we could adopt them through the adoption call.
    >
    > It could really help.
    >
    > L.
  • fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    So I have noticed that the scars tend to be available only for male sims, which I mean, I'm not trying to give any of my sims scars at the moment. But - oh, I'm a female - I had brain surgery when I was a kid, and back then it was an ordeal. So when my hair is buzzed on that one side, you can see where I had my horse-shoe shaped incision through my hair. It would be cool to have that sort of option available for female sims as well - especially for female simmers who maybe have had some sort of major medical event irl. Like what about various types of cancer that women may have surgery for, things like that, c-section scars if someone has had kids, I dunno. Or, I actually got hit by a train once, and I have a laceration scar on my hip from that. True story. The laceration was so wide that they couldn't stitch it. So that was fun. Anyway. I guess it's not considered feminine? But women have scars too. :)
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    I would really love the ability to put stairs and platforms in pools, and a slide for home use and curved pool walls. I also second more refreshes, especially to older packs.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • DatWahnDatWahn Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see an occult hunter type skill/personality trait. Maybe early on for an occult hunter skill there is a chance they kill the monster they're trying to 'cleanse of occult' or whatever. Or a chance the monster rages and kills the hunter. But with skill mastery it cleanses the occult sim consistently. Maybe have compatibility with the haunted houses too. I'd love to Sam and Dean Winchester some monsters!
    I'd also love some hogwarts vibes. A school that counts as sims daily school but for occult students only. These things combined would really help the immersion with occult sims. Sims with powers are my favorite!
    Bee tee dubz - Ghost babies were the coolest. What happened?

Sorry if I've done this wrong! I've never posted on a forum. Please excuse any accidental table dancing.
  • Ashley_salas101Ashley_salas101 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not sure anyone would see this, but my vision isn't the best, and my favorite thing to do it look at the family tree. The pictures are so hard for me to see. I'd like to suggest a zoom in option. I don't need accessibility throughout the game. The only thing I cannot see, are the pictures on the tree. My other complaint is I wish there was a way none of the members disappeared. My tree should be longer, but since the game deleted the ghosts, it deleted them off of the tree. I wish there was at least a way to keep their pictures up.
  • madalinejsmadalinejs Posts: 1 New Member
    My first pack dream as a 27yr old who started with the OG Sims and never stopped haha:

Major Music Expansion- more music and instruments in general, attend festivals and concerts, *very importantly* STARTING A BAND -family bands that play at home during holidays, teen garage grunge scene, boy bands, midlife crisis or retiree cover band lol, etc. that can play at local establishments, then festivals, then new major venues as they gain skills/fans, or keep to an underground scene. Pack would have at least 2 already famous bands that join the world and become household names. More fan interactions that can relate to Get Famous, fanbase can collect merch or buy online for your sims band at certain fame, some can become decor for youth/teens who can choose their idol and gush about it with their friends, teens can runaway for a weekend to "follow a band" and maybe get close to them or get grounded for life at home, Sims can purchase tickets to shows (evil or materilistic sims can become scalpers and jack up prices/make money outside the show doing so or get in a fight with the wrong guy haha, megafans(trait?) might faint, famous sims get special seating, you can try to sneak in with a chance of being caught by security/bouncers, backstage/VIP area at the venues that the band or your sims band goes after every show for some hours. Towards the end of the aspiration or career if members of the band have good relationships and are still together, they can be inducted into the Hall of Fame, or they can let the pressure tear them down and break up before they reach the top (with an option to get back together of course).

*Hall of Fame could be a place that sims can visit and if your sims band reaches that, future generations from those members in the same family tree can have special interactions/moodlets/perks there, sims can find other celebs there, medium sims can invoke past rockstars spirit to visit and even play a song, secret room to be discovered and some collectibles there or maybe your sim can attempt to appease the rock gods by playing on a special guitar and the random outcome could be rising to fame quicker, earning a replica guitar in their inventory, being haunted by the ghost owner of that guitar for a few days, losing or gaining some music skill, etc.

*At home studio artist career option with new phone/computer "Spotify-esque" app where sims can record beats/songs at home and upload there. Have to promote online and around town and rise that way, eventually getting signed to a label and getting millions of plays, or giving up and having a midlife crisis later that makes them want to try again.

*Special milestones could include: Started a band (with friends if applicable), Became the frontman/woman (other members are potentially jealous for a bit when this happens), Played First show,festival,venue,etc., First autograph, Song reaches top of the charts, Hall of Fame, Won an award, etc.)

*If member of the band gets a partner or has a child, and the band is a certain level of fame, there is a chance all goes well, or deal with some annoyance from fellow members that your sim has to reassure them by working even harder/hanging out more with them for a period of time probably dependant on relationship levels at the time of the life event. Additionally, your partner can be supportive of your career throughout, or struggle with the lifestyle and ask for more time with them. Your famous sim has to decide in these situations to put more effort into one or the other and suffer the consequences, or find a delicate balance. See next point->

* Perhaps when starting a band there is a pop-up menu with options that you can play for fun, or try for fame(with the pack). Playing for fun lowers the stakes and allows the sim to use it more as a hobby with friends or self or make money with shows. For fame has option for easy track, medium track, or hard track. Easy allows them to reach the top without much effort, medium has a few bumps in the road, hard track has issues like the above point, malfunctions happen more on stage, bad press, longer to gain fans, and more.

*Certain packs would be needed for the full effect- but base could have the band hobby/career, spotify app and career, more music/instruments, and the new world with venues they can visit/play without much of the "fame/fans" that would come with Get Famous update. Seasons, City Living and Get Together would allow festivals & fan clubs. Growing Together would give milestones, range of reactions from partners/bandmates/family to adapt to, and more dyanmic adventures of being a musicion. Kids and teens can join choir/band at school and commit to that extracurricular.

The ideas are limitless and I have many more. Hope this sounds good to the Sims/EA team! :)
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I had a thought, what if they gave us an empty world like Newcrest BUT!!!! It's locked, only sims you add will be there. So you could play caveman or decades etc. and sims walking around from other worlds would not appear. But I would also like the option to turn it off.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    I had a thought, what if they gave us an empty world like Newcrest BUT!!!! It's locked, only sims you add will be there. So you could play caveman or decades etc. and sims walking around from other worlds would not appear. But I would also like the option to turn it off.

I would like an option to limit visitors from another world. But I would prefer this to be a setting in the game option, rather than being tied to one specific world. It makes little sense to have people from windenburg to visit sulani as a walk by
  • Highland_V1Highland_V1 Posts: 1 New Member
    What has happened since update 1.77? 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Menu's in CAS don't work. More glitchy than ever! Come on guys, sort this out......rapidly it unplayable on PS4.
  • NakedWriter1NakedWriter1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please PLEASE fix song writing. It takes way too long, it has always taken way too long since it launched. And now devs have added a burnout system that make it factually impossible to complete a song. If my Sim leaves the lot, doesn't come back within a short amount of time, or takes a burnout break the progress bar for the song completely resets and it never finishes. I don't mind the burnout system, really, but if you're going to add that in then you CAN'T keep broken processes like this as-is. We shouldn't have to mod song writing just to complete a dev-created aspiration.
  • gabulldog09gabulldog09 Posts: 1 New Member
    Is it possible to bring doorbells back? Sometimes I don't know that there are people knocking on the door, especially if it's a fairly large house/lot.
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    @gabulldog09; Is it possible to bring doorbells back?

I agree that you don't always catch visitors but I would like to see a notification pop up. On that note I would appreciate if the notifications were house specific. I play different houses & it is unnerving when other house notifications are available.
    DatWahn wrote: »
    I would love to see an occult hunter type skill/personality trait. Maybe early on for an occult hunter skill there is a chance they kill the monster they're trying to 'cleanse of occult' or whatever. Or a chance the monster rages and kills the hunter. But with skill mastery it cleanses the occult sim consistently. Maybe have compatibility with the haunted houses too. I'd love to Sam and Dean Winchester some monsters!
    I'd also love some hogwarts vibes. A school that counts as sims daily school but for occult students only. These things combined would really help the immersion with occult sims. Sims with powers are my favorite!
    Bee tee dubz - Ghost babies were the coolest. What happened?

Sorry if I've done this wrong! I've never posted on a forum. Please excuse any accidental table dancing.

Oooh! Monster Hunter Pack! I like the idea. And a magic school would be an interesting addition to the Magic Realm Pack. But I would also like to see hunting in general. Sims should be able to hunt for a meal. It would really help out those homeless sims. It might be interesting if a homeless sim was caught stealing a chicken or milking a cow but that is a different train of thought.
  • PupuPupu Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to see more Scandinavian style furnitures, like Ikea, and a Scandinavian world. Tall pine trees which can be found everywhere in Finland. Different saunas. Wild animals like bears, squirrels!
    Soooo I would like to see more realistic looking adult women sims. I know a good-sized group of women late-30's to early-40's and our boobs are not saggy, our faces don't have weird lines, we don't look like we're 60! I want to be able to play as a sim my age but I also want to be able to play as a sim who looks like me, not as a sim who looks twenty years older than I am. The adult sims look older than our moms, who are in their sixties.

Anyway, that's a small complaint, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    It would be nice if they could play instruments together like they could in Sims 3 and to add drums like in Sims 2.

I could love toggles to switch off like the ecolifestyle game play in other worlds. I put off buying the game pack because I don't need something to push a political agenda. I don't want to go into a debate on the best way to protect our environment & I don't feel I need it in my game play but I broke down & bought it because; A, it was on sale & B, I wanted the new world & new objects. I don't plan on purchasing High School Years even though I like the idea again I don't appreciate the political agenda. If you want to push such things then all the political agenda should be placed in a separate pack so those that really want it can purchase it but it shouldn't have any updates outside of those packs or we should be able to turn off those controls in our personnel games.

I also think that the voices need overhauled. I don't appreciate the game deciding that my males should sound female. Make a separate voice control just for those that want their males to sound female or their females to sound male. I'm not saying I would never use it because that would depend on the game play or story line I decided to work on. I just think it should be a separate thing.

There should also be sliders for coloring of clothing and makeup and can we have some blush that is more in line with everyday wear? There aren't any good selections for blush. I have one that I use on every sims for every occasion because the others are more something exotic.

Besides that Sims is a great game and I'm thankful for the hard work that has gone into making it. I don't know that I want a Sims 5 but I didn't want to give up my Sims 2 & technically I haven't because I can still go back and play.

And what is it with removing items that I have played with since I was given the Sims 4 Deluxe disk version? I feel like that is theft. And you don't even say what you remove you just remove it. I noticed a sweater that I loved and have had since the base game is missing. I'm tempted to dig out the disk and reinstall just to get it back.
  • ronhronh Posts: 12 New Member
    I just got the "One Time" notification for pre-ordering the new expansion when I launched. Okay. No discount. No exclusive downloadable content. No inventive at all for ordering early. What I did get was the opportunity to sit through the load screens again since clicking the link booted me out of the Main Menu. That's thoughtful.
    So I mentioned this somewhere else but since this is the feedback thread - sooo I would like to be able to easily in-game have a private gallery of my very own that I can use to share my things between my own different computers. That way if I have heavily edited someone else's house, and I want to have it on my other computer, but I don't want to have to heavily edit it again, and of course I don't want to share it online because it wasn't og my build - I don't have to go through all the annoying trouble of doing it the way it must be done now. Please. I don't see why we can't have our own private galleries that can be accessed from all of our personal devices. I know people who make video games for a living so I need to ask them how easy or difficult that would be for ea to do, then I can be in the know, you know? But until I know, it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult of a thing to do. The reason that it's a problem is that it involves not wanting people to think that I'm taking credit for someone else's build when really I'm just trying to get it to my other computer.
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    So I mentioned this somewhere else but since this is the feedback thread - sooo I would like to be able to easily in-game have a private gallery of my very own that I can use to share my things between my own different computers. That way if I have heavily edited someone else's house, and I want to have it on my other computer, but I don't want to have to heavily edit it again, and of course I don't want to share it online because it wasn't og my build - I don't have to go through all the annoying trouble of doing it the way it must be done now. Please. I don't see why we can't have our own private galleries that can be accessed from all of our personal devices. I know people who make video games for a living so I need to ask them how easy or difficult that would be for ea to do, then I can be in the know, you know? But until I know, it just doesn't seem like it would be that difficult of a thing to do. The reason that it's a problem is that it involves not wanting people to think that I'm taking credit for someone else's build when really I'm just trying to get it to my other computer.

Ok, perhaps I'm not understanding quite what you're saying but couldn't you copy the save game or export the build to a thumb drive? Or even just email yourself the files? Someone created a mod that will allow you to export sims & houses to desktop just for the purpose of taking sims, lots and saves to a friends house & playing with it there.

I know my son was a master at moving saves from various games to a thumb drive so he could take it with him when he spent time at his Dad's.
    Soooo I would like to see more realistic looking adult women sims. I know a good-sized group of women late-30's to early-40's and our boobs are not saggy, our faces don't have weird lines, we don't look like we're 60! I want to be able to play as a sim my age but I also want to be able to play as a sim who looks like me, not as a sim who looks twenty years older than I am. The adult sims look older than our moms, who are in their sixties.

Anyway, that's a small complaint, but I just thought I'd throw it out there. :)

I agree. My Mom never had sagging boobs, she lived until she was 89 and raised 4 kids. She actually had better looking skin than I have on my arms. They tell me my epidermis is damaged but there isn't anything they can do for me. Should have listened to Mom about putting on moisturizer anyway.
    LindaD2015 wrote: »

Ok, perhaps I'm not understanding quite what you're saying but couldn't you copy the save game or export the build to a thumb drive? Or even just email yourself the files? Someone created a mod that will allow you to export sims & houses to desktop just for the purpose of taking sims, lots and saves to a friends house & playing with it there.

I know my son was a master at moving saves from various games to a thumb drive so he could take it with him when he spent time at his Dad's.

That's what I'm saying - there are ways to do it like a usb drive (my partner also is a master of that, I mentioned that in another thread), but that's just an annoying extra step. It shouldn't be a problem to be able to have it available in-game. It's just a quality of life issue.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top