Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 website won't redeem code

Okay, so the other day I bought a brand-new sealed copy of Barnacle Bay. It was one of those download only/no disk ones that only comes with the redeem code.

I logged into the Sims 3 site, went to Redeem a Code. Typed in my code. And it just sits there, with a spinning wheel. It never completes, it's just forever processing until enough time passes and my session times out.

I have tried everything I can think of:

I have refreshed the screen, multiple times. Probably have entered this code a dozen times or more, and it does the same thing every time.
I checked my Purchase History to see if maybe it had gone through anyway. But no.
I cleared my Internet cache. I tried it in Internet Explorer (I usually use Firefox).

I even contacted EA Help, but my advisor seemed to think I had a bad code and asked me to contact the seller, who I got the game from. (After asking me to take a picture of everything, including the disk... which does not exist... and sent it to them).

For experimental purposes only, I looked up a code online for one of the EPs I don't have registered. I typed it in and immediately got the "that code has been used" message.

When I tried my BB code, nothing. I figure if I had a bad/used code (because it was not a new one but repackaged somehow) I would have gotten that message as well for Barnacle Bay, yes?

I truly believe it is a glitch with the web site.

I just want to redeem this world so I can add it to my game. But I'm out of ideas. I do not want to contact the seller for this yet, because I am not sure how they are supposed help me make the website work and get my code redeemed.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2017
    The sims 3 web does not work unless you clear all your internet browser history. This includes IE. IE tends to create blocks on the sims 3 web. I always use firefox. If none of that works than it's possible the sims 3 web is acting wonky or your don't have a good code. EA did have allot of issues with illegal codes being sold on Ebay and other sites. They took many players EP's away for their codes being illegal a few months back. This could be same issue with store worlds.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I only used IE that one time to see if it worked on there.
    I usually use Firefox. The rest of the Sims 3 web site seems to work fine though. But I will try clearing my history as well... and not just the cache.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited December 2017
    You need to clear all your history on every browser including IE. IE builds up even when you don't use it. I use CCleaner which gets all browser history in one shot.
  • Options
    Hmm, still no go. I even cleared the cookies and cache and things again on Firefox.

You know how when you try to sign into the Sims 3 website from the home page (instead of going to My Page and logging in, where it works fine?) and it just spools, not working?
    That's what the Redeem a Code is doing.

I did also contact the seller just in case, but I don't think it's the code. Lots of people seem to be having issues with the Redeem a Code page, from the bit of googling I did.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'm sorry to have to say this, but if the purchase was through Origin or from an authorized re-seller, no matter what the malfunction with the code redemption might be, the issue you are having should prompt EA to snap into action, provide you with a new code, or do the redemption for you on their end.

If the purchase was not from an authorized re-seller, then EA won't or can't do any of these things. In that case, the only things you can really do are ask the re-seller for a new code (which from the sound of it likely isn't going to work any better) or your money back.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Yeah. I will just have to wait and see what the seller responds with. And will probably just get a refund.

If the seller I had used wasn't authorized, I doubt the advisor would have asked me for pictures of my box and my receipt.

When I had an issue with my Monte Vista code, my advisor (well the second one I talked to; the first one wanted to force me to install Origin; the second simply put the code in my account) was a lot more helpful. But I had used a different seller for that one.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2017
    Just to clarify, this is what we mean when we talk about "authorized re-sellers." It's not a very long list and individual vendors (as opposed to the large retail chains and Steam as listed) are not among them.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Ah, I got my MV from Amazon, that's probably why I hadn't any trouble way back when, at least when I got an advisor that was helpful.

(Of course, until now I haven't had trouble with buying elsewhere, either, but those were not worlds; the problem seems to be more with redeem code than with register game).

Thanks @igazor. I had been meaning to look up a list, but forgot. :)

Will try to get a refund when I hear back from my seller, and find a copy of BB on Amazon.