Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Piercings.

So, piercings. Think we'll get them any time soon? I'm honestly surprised they weren't in the base game, given how popular they are nowadays. I know there are mods, but imo, they never look right. I would at least like all of your basic facial piercings, with the option to choose stud/barbell or hoop.

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    It is leaked that piercings are coming to The Sims 4. I don't know if they come from a update or an expanion pack.
    Personally, I don't like piercings. I think it's gross as the hole have to be made in your skin and it will stay like this forever (Not in The Sims).
    However, it's only my opinion and it only tells you that I'll use these rarely. I'm sorry if I angered someone. :s
  • PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It is leaked that piercings are coming to The Sims 4. I don't know if they come from a update or an expanion pack.
    Personally, I don't like piercings. I think it's gross as the hole have to be made in your skin and it will stay like this forever (Not in The Sims).
    However, it's only my opinion and it only tells you that I'll use these rarely. I'm sorry if I angered someone. :s

I'm not angered, everyone has the right to their opinion. I have a nose ring irl and I've heard worse than "I don't like piercings", lol.

Anyway, do you know where this was liked? Like, do we have proof?
  • JackieGoOutsideJackieGoOutside Posts: 33 Member
    I would really like more piercings, too. I have my ear cartridge pierce and my ears are stretched and it would be cool to have tunnels to go with the kinda plugs we got. The dream would be Urbz level but adding more earrings and the ability to layer would be alright.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited September 2017
    Anyway, do you know where this was liked? Like, do we have proof?

It's buried somewhere in these threads, but a screenshot of "piercings" were found deep in the game files just like vampires and cats and dogs files were found before the respective packs were even announced. Here's hoping the devs will follow through and add piercings to the game.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    edited September 2017
    Here's the article on piercings from simsvip
    https://simsvip.com/2017/02/07/sims-4-nose-rings-lip-rings-brow-rings-found-cas-parts/

Hope they do get added to the game at some point.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    They leaked piercings months ago (February to be exact) so I don't know when they're going to release them. It would seem odd if they released them with pets, it doesn't really fit with the theme. Maybe a rebellious, teen themed pack, which would be cool.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I would like to see piercings but also more tattoo designs. I don't really think they are considered taboo anymore, at least not by the majority of people I know so I think they're a safe addition. Piercings would add nice variety to the game in terms of new "types" of people you could make, like rebelious teens or punk sims etc. I do hope we get them in some sort of future pack.
    Tattoo wise, I would like some minimalist hipster designs, full on back tattoos, pretty floral designs....I'm feeling a bit bored of the ones we have now.
    bixters wrote: »
    They leaked piercings months ago (February to be exact) so I don't know when they're going to release them. It would seem odd if they released them with pets, it doesn't really fit with the theme. Maybe a rebellious, teen themed pack, which would be cool.

I could see them in a teen pack. We already have a Toddler Stuff Pack and a Kids Stuff Pack, so maybe it's safe to assume that we'll eventually get a Teen one. But I'm hoping that if they do add piercings, it will be for teen and up, not just teen. But even if it is, someone will quickly make a mod so we can use them on adults.
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I would like to see piercings but also more tattoo designs. I don't really think they are considered taboo anymore, at least not by the majority of people I know so I think they're a safe addition. Piercings would add nice variety to the game in terms of new "types" of people you could make, like rebelious teens or punk sims etc. I do hope we get them in some sort of future pack.
    Tattoo wise, I would like some minimalist hipster designs, full on back tattoos, pretty floral designs....I'm feeling a bit bored of the ones we have now.

I agree. I really like to make Goth Sims (including my Simself), and even though piercings are not required for it, they are common and a good option to have.
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I really hope they get added to the game. It's been too long. I hoped they would come with parenthood, but they did not. I would also like more tatoo designs as well.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like a man with a rug on his chest. Hey, if he's gonna pull my hair, I want to be able to pull on his.

;)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    The lack of body hair is Mediterranean erasure and a microaggression against my people. :'(:p

I don't have any piercings IRL but they've been popular CC item since there have been Sims games to mod.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2017
    So, piercings. Think we'll get them any time soon? I'm honestly surprised they weren't in the base game, given how popular they are nowadays. I know there are mods, but imo, they never look right. I would at least like all of your basic facial piercings, with the option to choose stud/barbell or hoop.

Popular now-a-days, you say? That's funny seeing outside of tattooing the skin - not too much humans do to their selves is older than piercings - in particular nose rings and ear piercings. Tribes have done those thing for centuries - it is hard to find a time in human history where at least nose and ear piercing (even other body parts in some cultures) wasn't popular in many, many ancient cultures. It's a very, very old thing to do - and as I said tattooing skin is even older. Ancient mummies have been found with both.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited September 2017
    bixters wrote: »
    Sims 3: Pets adds plastic surgery for sims so I wouldn't be too surprised. Yes, what a weird combo. :D

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Hope so.
    I really hope they get added to the game. It's been too long. I hoped they would come with parenthood, but they did not. I would also like more tatoo designs as well.

Maybe in a possible universities gamepack.
    I need body piercings in my game. We haven't got them since Sims 2.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Popular now-a-days, you say? That's funny seeing outside of tattooing the skin - not too much humans do to their selves is older than piercings - in particular nose rings and ear piercings. Tribes have done those thing for centuries - it is hard to find a time in human history where at least nose and ear piercing (even other body parts in some cultures) wasn't popular in many, many ancient cultures. It's a very, very old thing to do - and as I said tattooing skin is even older. Ancient mummies have been found with both.

I'm aware of all that, but since I have to specify now: Facial piercings have been somewhat taboo here in America for quite a while. Well, maybe not so much "taboo" as much as simply frowned upon by most. But in more recent years, it's become more accepted, and more people have them.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Facial piercings were always frowned upon even since the founding of America. Tattoos have been around for thousands of years they generally were markings for rituals or even martial status. Piercings justify the same thing in other cultures as well so you could say, yes facial piercings were frowned upon.
    I also look forward to seeing them added into the game myself it would also help cut down on the cosmetic CC. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Agreed! All of the basic facial piercings + gauged ears should be included in a patch ASAP. I have a few cc multi-ear piercings with single gauges and one cc septum ring (any other piercings don't look right/don't work). We also need more tattoos, particularly minimalist ones.
  • whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Piercings would add variety which is needed.
  • ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Piercings and body hair would have fit perfectly into the Parenthood GP. But - if we're ever getting them - I'm not complaining wether they fit the pack or not. In TS2 i believe they added piercings (and other jewellery) with Bon Voyage, which seems kinda random to me, too.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Totally wish they'd add this with something, or as free content. I find it kind of odd not to be able to have nose jewellery, at the very least.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • adele_katadele_kat Posts: 130 Member
    For my game, piercings and new tattoos are necessary)
    I always play gothic sims, so I really need this)
    I think we need more body modifications for sims*.*
    giphy.gif
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    I'd like to have more piercings/tattoo options for both male and females.
    Also long hair for males and off-topic but a guy with long hair, piercings and tattoos is my idea of heaven :) Especially if he's gothic with fangs <3
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow