Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you get apartment shells on any lot or just San Myshuno?

So I have a quick question and may have asked in the wrong category. Though, is there a way you can put an apartment shell or build a livable apartment building for multiple apartments in a different town other than San Myshuno? I mean I love the city but sometimes I'd like to build multiple household apartments in other towns. So Is this possible?

Just thought I'd ask.
Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hello
    Apartments are only able to be in San Myshuno. You can only live in the apartment shells that are there also. Simmers are unable to build their own and make them function like those apartments do.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited June 2017
    @rosemow Ah ok. Well it was worth a shot to ask. Thank you for the reply and information. :D

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    So I have a quick question and may have asked in the wrong category. Though, is there a way you can put an apartment shell or build a livable apartment building for multiple apartments in a different town other than San Myshuno? I mean I love the city but sometimes I'd like to build multiple household apartments in other towns. So Is this possible?

Just thought I'd ask.

No you can't add shells or even build apartments in other naughborhoods
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    A step backwards from Sims2. :'(
    @Oldeseadogge Agreed.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    A step backwards from Sims2. :'(

And Sims 3.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Apartments are only able to be in San Myshuno. You can only live in the apartment shells that are there also. Simmers are unable to build their own and make them function like those apartments do.

I hate that as we have the free hood and may one day have other hoods that we might like to have put an apartment on. Perhaps one day, they will allow for making our own hoods and deciding as we did in S3 if we want to be landlords. :'(

@davina1221 I totally agree! Miss the ability to make apartments in other worlds on TS2 and TS3 was also a lot easier to maintain the multiple house holds I played.

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    @davina1221 I totally agree! Miss the ability to make apartments in other worlds on TS2 and TS3 was also a lot easier to maintain the multiple house holds I played.

I hear you there. :)

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017
    It plum when you can't build apts from scratch and to top it off you can't even build any apts in other neighborhoods. So much for exporting creativity when you are handicapped to build in one place and do not have an array of apt tools. I see this move as a move to limit my vision and to increase theirs.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ohepiohepi Posts: 64 Member
    That's really lame. In Sims 2 you had more than two apartment units to a building and you could create your own. I swear in so many ways 2 had WAY more creative latitude than 4. Which is why I still play it.
    ohepi: simming since age ten!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    ohepi wrote: »
    That's really lame. In Sims 2 you had more than two apartment units to a building and you could create your own. I swear in so many ways 2 had WAY more creative latitude than 4. Which is why I still play it.
    I agree when it comes to creativity in Sims 2 and even in Sims 3 creativity was abundant, where as in Sims 4 even if it is improving it creativity is still atrophic. I believe it has something to do with the engine EA/Maxis is using that is not flexible enough.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen