Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Dresser (NRAAS) mod

So I recently installed this, because I liked the idea of adding a fourth outfit in every category to all my Sims (I could do one for each season).
And being able to copy accessories with one click to all outfits (so I don't have to add rings, for ex., outfit by outfit).

But that's about where the fun ends? Lol

First I added outfits to my male Sim. He had just had a birthday and I had been planning on switching up his wardrobe anyway.
Then I went into CAS, through MC, since I'm used to doing it with that method. And realized that I could only do the single new outfits in CAS. So then I fixed them up. No probs.
Later, went into CAS using a dresser, and only his original three outfits were there. Not the new ones I had just added.
And when looking at his Change outfit menu, one of his outerwear outfits was missing as well.

I did the same with my female Sim a little bit later. Added an outfit in all categories using Dresser mod. She got a hideous one for everyday haha and I switched her back out of it. Went into CAS with MC... and fixed up the new ones I could. But the everyday and sleepwear were old ones she already had, and had worn just before that, so I couldn't access the 'new' ones. Guess I would have to dress her in those new ones and then go into CAS.
Had the same thing with regular CAS as well/using a dresser with only having access to the original three.

So I suppose my question is this: Is there a way to see all four outfits at once in CAS? Or must I dress my Sims in one of the new ones, then fix it, and go one by one by one...?

Thanks!

I have looked through the Dresser documentation multiple times and hadn't seen anything there.

Am honestly considering just uninstalling it and going back to having only three outfits.

(And don't get me started on the check outfits thing... that gave some of my Sims in town weird hair and accessories lol... I may just have to set everything false I guess, since I don't see a way to just turn it off with one click).

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @igazor is our resident expert in all things NRaas, so I am paging him for you. I wish I could answer myself, but I don't use that mod yet - though I am curious about it, so the subject caught my eye.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    You don't need Dresser to have more than three outfits per category. But no matter what you do, the ones with Index 1-3 will be the only ones that show in CAS. Actually you don't really need CAS either, you want MC > Stylist.

So, let's say you have seven Everyday outfits with index numbers 1 through 7. If you go into MC > Stylist you can alter outfits 1-3 only. If you first change your sim into outfit 4 with the spin in-game, that will change the index numbers around and allow you to access and alter the one being worn at least (not sure if this would give you what was previously 4-6, usually my sims don't have quite that many outfits to rotate through.

If you are at any point getting the more limited EA version of CAS or Plan Outfit in your game, then you might be missing the MC Integration module.

But anyway, for more detailed help on what Dresser can and cannot do, I would suggest posting at NRaas. It's one of the (very few) mods that I have never used myself so I'm not in the greatest position to support it.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    As igazor said, you'll only ever see the three most recent outfits in Stylist (or through Plan Outfit). If you take the sim into MC>Advanced>Edit in CAS you can only see one outfit.

To switch to outfits at other indexes use MC>Basic>Outfit. Then take the sim into CAS.

I use Dresser, but mostly to save maternity wear. I've disabled most everything else it does. I occasionally will add a 4th outfit but I thought clicking on the "plus" button in Stylist would do that too. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Hm. I totally forgot about the Stylist interaction. I was just so used to using CAS in MC because I was doing townie makeovers and needed more options than clothes.

But anyway, thanks for the clarification about the max 3 outfits showing. I wasn't sure if I was just not using something right, but I guess I was, haha.
    Just will take a few more clicks to change up outfits. CAS loads pretty fast, so no worries there.

@TreyNutz -- Great tip about the maternity wear... I will remember that! Maybe wedding attire too...

Thanks, guys!