Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this employed sim? Help!

FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
What does this mean? I want to marry this sim, but how do I take him off my employ??
33431464071_25b39ea0cc_o.jpg

EDIT: to add more information... my sim has since completed serial romantic... but now I want to marry one of her boyfriends, but it seems all of them have that on the propose option that I have looked at. She is also in the politician career.

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Does your sim own a retail store or restaurant? If so you will need to fire him and try again.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    IIRC there was an NPC role that was doing this. @rosemow does that ring a bell for you?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @drake_mccarty no.. no retail or restaurant
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @drake_mccarty no.. no retail or restaurant

Can you ask the sim to move in? Have you hired any services?

I'm not familiar with the NPC bug @luthienrising mentioned above, but it might be the issue you're experiencing if it's classifying him as an employee.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I'm not sure this is what is being referred to, but I think it had to do with the Sim being a mailman.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Was the sim a hired NPC ... maid, gardener, butler or anything of the like?

What I would say if that sim is "the one", get the relationship high, then choose the 'ask to move in' option under friendly. It will make the sim no longer an employable NPC, then romance away, elope or plan wedding. If needed, can use manage worlds to move the sim back out to another household if your story involves the who proposal senerio.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,281 Member
    What does this mean? I want to marry this sim, but how do I take him off my employ??
    33431464071_25b39ea0cc_o.jpg

EDIT: to add more information... my sim has since completed serial romantic... but now I want to marry one of her boyfriends, but it seems all of them have that on the propose option that I have looked at. She is also in the politician career.

Has your Sim still got any friends from the serial romantic aspiration? I've had the same problem with my Sims and had to break up with all the Sims he she was friends with to be able to propose/marry.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    My sim is still friends or boy/girl friends with all the sims she's encountered while working up in the aspiration. That particular sim is her soulmate. The romance and friendship bar is completely full. The thing is I am doing the not so berry legacy, and she's the rose generation. I can't move him in. The rule is that I leave a sim at the alter, then get my sim married as an elder. My plan was to leave him at the alter, then re-romance him to fully marry him as an elder.

My thought was that if I had asked any of these sims for votes as the politician career that might have added them to my employ, so I romanced a new sim all the way to being able to propose and I still got that hover message. I never used any political conversations with him.

@Gruffman to the best of my knowledge none of these sims have been any of the npcs you've asked about.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

This has happened in my game before, And even though it makes no real sense you get the employment
    message when your Sim has more than one Girlfriend/Boyfriend..Breaking up with all but one fixed it for me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are having this issue also. A workaround is to have the sims breakup with any other boyfriend of girlfriend that they have.
    This AHQ EA site thread refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/m-p/5733980#M30911
  • Options
    Just reloaded my game. One of the boyfriends was still at my home when it loaded. I looked again to see if I could propose, it was still greyed out. I let the night go through. The next day I went about her political duties and went uptown to secure some votes at the gym. (Not have any luck there, as of yet.) and her soulmate wandered in. I checked to see if I could propose and I could! Not sure what the change is. Any ideas? I didn't do anything alter any of the relationships. Also, the sim that was at her apartment is at the gym and she can propose to him as well. Is there something at her apartment that is making the game think they are employed with her? I don't think I tried to propose anywhere else.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited March 2017
    Just reloaded my game. One of the boyfriends was still at my home when it loaded. I looked again to see if I could propose, it was still greyed out. I let the night go through. The next day I went about her political duties and went uptown to secure some votes at the gym. (Not have any luck there, as of yet.) and her soulmate wandered in. I checked to see if I could propose and I could! Not sure what the change is. Any ideas? I didn't do anything alter any of the relationships. Also, the sim that was at her apartment is at the gym and she can propose to him as well. Is there something at her apartment that is making the game think they are employed with her? I don't think I tried to propose anywhere else.

Have you tried ending the other romantic relationships? It could just be that the message is the wrong message for the situation.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising I was able to propose at the gym, but apparently, not at her apartment. So, I had my sim propose at the gym while she had the chance. Now we'll see if a wedding can actually happen (not happen, since she won't follow through with it).
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @Fizzstix if they have more then one boyfriend or girlfriend you'll have to break up or ask to just be friends before you can propose to them
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    @gizzinator1 Maybe this thread will help you?
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    I got this message when my sim wanted to propose to the ghost of her late husband. it was grayed out even death did them apart couple nights ago. it worked fine the next night. someone was just not in the mood I guess :no_mouth:
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I'm still having this problem. Have tried everything and it's still not giving the option to marry. :'(:'(
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,724 Member
    vivica86 wrote: »
    I'm still having this problem. Have tried everything and it's still not giving the option to marry. :'(:'(

Hello
    Try having the sims breakup with any other boyfriend or girlfriend that they have. Then see if that helps.
    If the issue remains, try seeing if using the " just friends" interaction , then building up their relationships again, will then make the option to propose appear.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    i had the same problem awhile ago. doing what rosemow just said fixed the problem. i had to become just friends with everybody else that i had a romantic involvement with. even if they were not a boyfriend/girlfriend. once i had become just friends with everybody except the one i intended to propose to, i was able to propose and get married.