Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• HappyssummerHappyssummer Posts: 37 Member
    There so many extended versions of not so berry
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    Started this again last night! Unsure if I’ll blog it (any interest in it?) or just share some photos here. Anyone else currently playing it? How’s it going?
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Where? Could you link me any please? I have been looking for it but can't find...
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2021
    I am playing this challenge now. My third generation just became a toddler. I usually play it about one Sim week, and then switch to my usual rotation for the same amount of time.

I like that it really has forced me to play in ways I might not have chosen for myself. I really hate the serial romantic aspiration, for instance, but it wasn't so bad starting from a teen. I had to invent a story to tell myself to explain why Rose might have found herself in a place where she would need to leave someone at the altar.
    Luclylu wrote: »
    Started this again last night! Unsure if I’ll blog it (any interest in it?) or just share some photos here. Anyone else currently playing it? How’s it going?

I would love to see some pictures!
    telmarina wrote: »

Where? Could you link me any please? I have been looking for it but can't find...

Mcsimming Mcsimmy Not So Berry Extended is one I have seen.
    https://mcsimmy.tumblr.com/post/615869860248993792/hey-yall-i-have-been-working-to-add-generations
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2021
    Okay so I just started this tonight.

I don't have get to work so I chose the career from SE instead. Just let her work hard. Not sure when it's the best phase to get a baby.. maybe at adult stage. Right now I have build my sim a tiny home and she is working on her mischief skill...

Oh and I NEVER played a legacy before... so really curious about all of it and trying to keep it 'easy' so I can focus on the gens and challenges with them.
    I am excited that my yellow generation, Primrose, is aging up to a teen today. She can finally begin to work on her adult aspirations and skills.

This past Sim week has been in the boring stages with no aspirations or careers to work on. Primrose has completed two of the childhood aspirations and is working on her third. Rose has completed all requirements except to get married as an elder. My mint generation, Jade, retired today from her job. She drank a potion at work so her adult years were twice as long. I think she has about five days of life left before Primrose can begin making friends.

I'm thinking of creating an alien teen for Primrose to meet and become best friends with. Maybe even eventually become a romantic interest?

Anyone doing this or other generational challenges, what do you do on those days in between generational goals? I've been mostly trying to unlock the knitting items. Not the most exciting, but may be nice to have those for future generations.
    Thank you @telemwill :)
    telemwill wrote: »
    Anyone doing this or other generational challenges, what do you do on those days in between generational goals?

I usually age them up :) i know it's not supposed by the rules, but if i start getting bored i might leave the challenge, so i prefer to do something to keep me interested.

That or i make my sim's host parties, socialize... work on their stories, take some screenshots...
    texxx78 wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    Anyone doing this or other generational challenges, what do you do on those days in between generational goals?

I usually age them up :) i know it's not supposed by the rules, but if i start getting bored i might leave the challenge, so i prefer to do something to keep me interested.

That or i make my sim's host parties, socialize... work on their stories, take some screenshots...

I have been tempted to age them up too.
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am one of those who put together an updated and extended version of not so berry. I tried hard to keep the spirit of the original challenge. link here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dzWFi_dfaVLmKfUIbxE_YcXfl0MvBRt5FHrgzk9mB6M/edit?usp=sharing
    Since the 3rd Gen isn't really supposed to have close relationships...how did you all do that with having a child..did you adopt?
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Lisamango0 wrote: »
    Since the 3rd Gen isn't really supposed to have close relationships...how did you all do that with having a child..did you adopt?

it's only until their grandparents pass on - then it's a free for all with relationships and such
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
    Ahh, alright! Thanks!

I like to keep thinking that Daj, my 3rd gen Sim, is actually a shy guy and a real loner, like his trait. He doesn't like to be around people untill he coincidentally meets one girl just like him.
  • mftc87mftc87 Posts: 2 New Member
    so this is my firts challenge, and i have a question... that can be pretty stupid sorry in advanced.
    when i reach the goals in the firts generation what is suposed to happend beside picking my heir? what happends to the first sim and eventually others in the family? should i move out the heir and start a new house and everything? or does she keep this house and the others move out?
    Can someone help me with this part? Thank youuuu so much
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    mftc87 wrote: »
    so this is my firts challenge, and i have a question... that can be pretty stupid sorry in advanced.
    when i reach the goals in the firts generation what is suposed to happend beside picking my heir? what happends to the first sim and eventually others in the family? should i move out the heir and start a new house and everything? or does she keep this house and the others move out?

Hi! Great question. It's really up to you, what you want to do as it relates to moving out the heir and starting a new house, etc. When I went from Gen 1 to Gen 2, my Gen 2 heir, moved out on her own. I just saw her as that type to do that. I left the previous heir & the other siblings in the house. I play with the mod MCC, & eventually MC married off the siblings, etc. I like the challenge of starting over with the new heir, having to make her own money. But it really just depends on the story that I'm trying to tell. The rules are the baseline & overarching/high level story, the details are up to us to fill in. So I make my decision on who goes or stays, starting over etc, based on the story I'm telling. For the Gray generation (Gen 4), I had my heir take her mom (Gen 3 heir) when she moved out. I'll be starting Gen 5 soon and my heir definitely will be starting over on her own.
    Hope that helps & happy Simming!
    mftc87 wrote: »

I think in some ways it is up to you. I have seen Let's Plays where the heir is moved out into a new household, although you will want to consider that your generation 3 heir is supposed to be very close to the generation 1 grandparent.

In my own game I have kept the generations together so far. Mine is a matriarchal legacy (only by my choice, not at all required), so I killed the 1st gen grandfather by woohoo as soon as he became an elder. I used this to prompt a move to an apartment in San Myshuno, but I took both my new gen 2 heir, Rose, and her gen 1 mother, Jade. San Myshuno is a good place to work on the politician career. I had Jade take a potion made in her scientist career to keep her as an adult twice as long. When Rose completed the serial romantic aspiration, her boyfriend moved in and Primrose was born. While Rose was out working on her career, Jade took care of little Primrose. Even after Rose became National Leader and moved into a mansion, Jade moved with the family, although she has since passed away.

If you have siblings who you don't want to be the heir, I would move them out as soon as they reach young adulthood. They, and their descendants, can continue to be friends with your future generations.
  • mftc87mftc87 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @telemwill said:
    > I think in some ways it is up to you. I have seen Let's Plays where the heir is moved out into a new household, although you will want to consider that your generation 3 heir is supposed to be very close to the generation 1 grandparent.
    >
    > In my own game I have kept the generations together so far. Mine is a matriarchal legacy (only by my choice, not at all required), so I killed the 1st gen grandfather by woohoo as soon as he became an elder. I used this to prompt a move to an apartment in San Myshuno, but I took both my new gen 2 heir, Rose, and her gen 1 mother, Jade. San Myshuno is a good place to work on the politician career. I had Jade take a potion made in her scientist career to keep her as an adult twice as long. When Rose completed the serial romantic aspiration, her boyfriend moved in and Primrose was born. While Rose was out working on her career, Jade took care of little Primrose. Even after Rose became National Leader and moved into a mansion, Jade moved with the family, although she has since passed away.
    >
    > If you have siblings who you don't want to be the heir, I would move them out as soon as they reach young adulthood. They, and their descendants, can continue to be friends with your future generations.

thank youuuu i was wondering if i missed something in the rules or something... :) love your generations story so far
  • LynxKitty66613LynxKitty66613 Posts: 11 New Member
    Are the generations linked? Like is Mint the parent of Rose? It doesn't seem like it because of the background description. So how are they related?
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Are the generations linked? Like is Mint the parent of Rose? It doesn't seem like it because of the background description. So how are they related?

Yes, they are linked. The founder of the Mint generation is the parent to the heir in the Rose generation. The heir of the Rose generation is the parent to the next heir in the Yellow generation & so forth. & unless the rules specify you can have as many kids as you want & choose who is heir. For example, I'm in in the Gen 4 Gray, so my heir of this generation (Jaida), her mother is from Gen 3 Yellow (Juniper), her grandmother was the heir from Gen 2 Rose (Soren) & her great-grandmother is the founder from the Mint generation (Ireland). Just like in real-life, we have parents, grandparent, great-grandparents, etc. same thing here.

The Gen 4 Gray generation doesn't specify any rules to how many kids they can have. & so far Jaida has 4 kids. One of those kids will be the heir to Gen 5 Plum. I have picked who that will be so as I complete the goals for Gen 4 with Jaida, I'm prepping my heir for Gen 5 Plum.
    Hope that helps.
  • LionsPlaySimsLionsPlaySims Posts: 5 New Member
    a question has anyone taken the approach of having two people share the role of generational heir simultaneously?

I'm playing with a bit of a twist here. a bit old fashioned but all heirs must be legitimate. We've chosen a primary heir for the rose gen, the oldest (and only) son of the Mint generation parent. Since he's a boy we don't want to run into questions of paternity. He has a twin sister and she was autonomously flirting with girls while out and about finishing scouting tasks. so we thought what if we did it like this:

Rose heir #1 (twin brother):

career: politician (president of the free world)
    Traits: hot headed, romantic, snob
    Aspiration: Party animal

get married and have only 1 child. Since rose gen is infamous for getting people killed at least from Kelsey and Clare's playthroughs the wife might not be in the picture much after the child is born.
    master charisma skill, complete party animal aspiration

Rose heir #2 (twin sister)

career: politician (lesbian activist)
    Traits: hot headed, romantic, snob
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic

have no children, may attempt to be a surrogate parent to yellow gen but like her party animal twin brother she has no parental instinct whatsoever.
    master charisma skill
    leave someone at altar
    master activist branch of politician career
    get married for first time as an elder

has anyone else ever shared heirship like this for a legacy challenge?
  • easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    @LionsPlaySims I have never heard or seen a generational play through done that way. I really feel this challenge was to get people to play in ways that they might not normally play. I think your idea falls perfectly in line with what the creators of the challenge had in mind. I really like your idea and wish I could have played my pink generation that way. I got fraternal twins in that generation. I haven't had any since.
    It's all in the wrist
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    I thought this had been play tested by the creators? I have not left someone at the alter either, have made a founder for this challenge, but haven't started as yet, does anyone know how to do this? I'd hate to get to this stage and not be able to do it. Do you have to have a certain trait, like non-committal ? maybe?

Start the wedding BUT don't finish it. As soon as you start keep looking for the option. I think its in mean but i'm not sure. But there is an option I have used it. But you have to be quick, the wedding is so fast.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Heads up to those nearing or in yellow. Some people are getting a bugged rocket ship where you can't actually start building a rocket. And you can't download one from a gallery.
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've been putting the houses I've been making for each of my gens on the gallery if anyone is looking for houses. Here is a starter house for the first generation, Mint.

Gallery name: Not So Berry Mint
    Created by: Swcheppes

dwiI3NK.png

kvGERSb.png

hTSfr9D.png

GAAVbez.png

iHLMZL3.png

AIP041U.png

BSHEb7s.png
    Post edited by swcheppes on
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Looks beautiful!
    During my challenge I've also put most of my adult sims + their houses on the gallery, not all for 20.000 though... :')

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top