Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• SilverAlexandraSilverAlexandra Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m starting the [i]“Not so Berry Challenge”[/i] and I was wondering if I could choose a Male, as my first gen “mint” sim?...Does it matter who/which sim starts off the challenge? This is my first ever attempt at a sims challenge, so I’m sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

Also which child do I choose for the next heir? Like who do I give the traits to? Or do they all get the same traits?

[b]Thanks in Advance[/b]😊
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I’m starting the “Not so Berry Challenge” and I was wondering if I could choose a Male, as my first gen “mint” sim?...Does it matter who/which sim starts off the challenge? This is my first ever attempt at a sims challenge, so I’m sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

Also which child do I choose for the next heir? Like who do I give the traits to? Or do they all get the same traits?

Thanks in Advance😊

It's entirely up to you whether you start out with a male or female Sim. I usually go with the firstborn as the heir, but again, up to you. I'd only give the required traits to the heir - not to all of the kids.
  • Joyce777Joyce777 Posts: 74 Member
    edited May 2020
    Right now I have the Sims 4 base game pack.
    And I will be able to get more this weekend.
    What additional packs/ extensions/ stuff packs will I need specifically for this challenge? (I didnt see it in the description.)

Ps. I know there is a link for what challenges there are, I'm curious if there is one that says what additional items you need as well. (Basicslly for newer players like me who dont have all of them yet.)
    Sims4 ID: LaynieJ
    Joyce777 wrote: »
    What additional packs/ extensions/ stuff packs will I need specifically for this challenge? (I didnt see it in the description.)

Ps. I know there is a link for what challenges there are, I'm curious if there is one that says what additional items you need as well. (Basicslly for newer players like me who dont have all of them yet.)

Gen 1 is a scientist, for which you need Get to Work.
    Gen 2 is a politician, which means you'd need City Living
    Gen 3 heir needs to go to Sixam, which is again Get to Work
    Gen 4, you're supposed to master the Parenting skill, which means you need the Parenthood GP
    Gen 5, you need Get Together for the Dance Machine trait; and Get to Work for the Doctor career
    Gen 6 you need Get to Work for the Baking skill; and City Living in order to live in an apartment
    Gen 7 you need the Spa Day GP for the Wellness skill
    Gen 8 is Get to Work for the Detective career
    Gen 9 looks like it's just base game
    Gen 10 is Parenthood GP for the Super Parent aspiration; and City Living for the Critic career

Gen 1 is a scientist, for which you need Get to Work.
    Gen 2 is a politician, which means you'd need City Living
    Gen 3 heir needs to go to Sixam, which is again Get to Work
    Gen 4, you're supposed to master the Parenting skill, which means you need the Parenthood GP
    Gen 5, you need Get Together for the Dance Machine trait; and Get to Work for the Doctor career
    Gen 6 you need Get to Work for the Baking skill; and City Living in order to live in an apartment
    Gen 7 you need the Spa Day GP for the Wellness skill
    Gen 8 is Get to Work for the Detective career
    Gen 9 looks like it's just base game
    Gen 10 is Parenthood GP for the Super Parent aspiration; and City Living for the Critic career

Thank you so much! Glad I was able to get those packs. I love the bundled deal they have!
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm currently on the Orange generation. His name is Rusty. I just couldn't bring myself to give him orange hair, it didn't suit him :p

VPePrld.png
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    > @swcheppes said:
    > I'm currently on the Orange generation. His name is Rusty. I just couldn't bring myself to give him orange hair, it didn't suit him :p
    >
    > (Image)

awesome! I kinda made myself give him orange hair, i made it a rule that everyone will have the hair color of their NSB gen color. also, he looks quite cute! tbh doesn't really look like a criminal loll he looks like such a nice guy
    Choose fun & love. <3
    edited May 2020
    woops idk how to add pictures... can someone help me?
    Choose fun & love. <3
    OrThaylor wrote: »

You need to sign up to an image-hosting site - I use Imgur. Then upload your screenshot to the image-hosting site, copy its link (I use the Direct Link on Imgur), paste the link here and enclose it in square brackets, with 'IMG' in the first brackets (minus the quote marks) and '/IMG' in the closing brackets (minus the quote marks).

You need to sign up to an image-hosting site - I use Imgur. Then upload your screenshot to the image-hosting site, copy its link (I use the Direct Link on Imgur), paste the link here and enclose it in square brackets, with 'IMG' in the first brackets (minus the quote marks) and '/IMG' in the closing brackets (minus the quote marks).

ok thanks! ill try it in a second
    Choose fun & love. <3
    qig7ItA does this work?
    Choose fun & love. <3
    mmmm it doesnt,
    qig7ItA
    Choose fun & love. <3
    edited May 2020
    OK IT WORKED thank you! This is Orange's spoopy birthday
    2F1diXn.png
    Choose fun & love. <3
    Officially started this challenge.
    I'd love to do a story line or blog with this challenge. Not quit sure how to do that yet.
    Officially started this challenge.
    I'd love to do a story line or blog with this challenge. Not quit sure how to do that yet.

yeah me neither lol but im already way ahead so i probably wont be doing it, but i'd love to see other people do it
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    > @swcheppes said:
    > I'm currently on the Orange generation. His name is Rusty. I just couldn't bring myself to give him orange hair, it didn't suit him :p
    >
    > (Image)

awesome! I kinda made myself give him orange hair, i made it a rule that everyone will have the hair color of their NSB gen color. also, he looks quite cute! tbh doesn't really look like a criminal loll he looks like such a nice guy

He's not the best criminal but he's quite the player. He's hit on everyone in his apartment complex so far ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    edited May 2020
    swcheppes wrote: »
    > @swcheppes said:
    >
    > (Image)

He's not the best criminal but he's quite the player. He's hit on everyone in his apartment complex so far ;)

OOP sounds like quite the storyline there, have fun! <3
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • SilverAlexandraSilverAlexandra Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="loubyloulou;c-17476722"][quote="SilverAlexandra;c-17476621"]I’m starting the [i]“Not so Berry Challenge”[/i] and I was wondering if I could choose a Male, as my first gen “mint” sim?...Does it matter who/which sim starts off the challenge? This is my first ever attempt at a sims challenge, so I’m sorry if it seems like a dumb question.

[b]Thanks in Advance[/b]😊[/quote]

It's entirely up to you whether you start out with a male or female Sim. I usually go with the firstborn as the heir, but again, up to you. I'd only give the required traits to the heir - not to all of the kids.[/quote]

Awesome! Thank you so much!🙂
  • KittyKatKK777KittyKatKK777 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've posted this before but got no reply so im gonna ask again, just to be sure. i have been playing this challenge for a while now (if gen 2 w gen 3 born can be considered a long time) and it is really great, but i do have one question. My gen 1 sim (Cary Berry) died way before my gen 2 sim (Daniella Berry) ever even got pregnant with her gen 3 daughter (Amelia Berry) (who is now a toddler). I know that Amelia is only supposed to have a close relationship with her grandma, but could i substitute Daniella's adopted younger sister(Hailee Berry) and make her die somewhat young (simulating a elder dying while the grandchild is still a kid) for the close relationship? I'd hate to make Amelia grow up with no friends.

( i did copy paste from my previous comment so ill just add, i already went through with this and Amelia is a child now) I hate to sound obnoxious by reposting this, but i just wanted a straight answer.
    I've posted this before but got no reply so im gonna ask again, just to be sure. i have been playing this challenge for a while now (if gen 2 w gen 3 born can be considered a long time) and it is really great, but i do have one question. My gen 1 sim (Cary Berry) died way before my gen 2 sim (Daniella Berry) ever even got pregnant with her gen 3 daughter (Amelia Berry) (who is now a toddler). I know that Amelia is only supposed to have a close relationship with her grandma, but could i substitute Daniella's adopted younger sister(Hailee Berry) and make her die somewhat young (simulating a elder dying while the grandchild is still a kid) for the close relationship? I'd hate to make Amelia grow up with no friends.

( i did copy paste from my previous comment so ill just add, i already went through with this and Amelia is a child now) I hate to sound obnoxious by reposting this, but i just wanted a straight answer.

Hey, this happened to me too, but I think gen 3 was a baby/in the belly when mint died, I'm pretty sure it just means you can have close friends, since mint is dead "never have any close friends or relationships other than grandparent from Generation 1 until the grandparent dies" pretty sure that means that you can have as many close friends as you'd like, but you can make it more interesting in your own way, with your storyline.
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I built the house and created my starter sim but I have yet to start playing xD
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    I know this challenge is older and so many people have done it already, but I've just started it and I'm finding it so much fun!

It's great that I'm doing things that I wouldn't normally in gameplay because of it :smile: for example the elements collection in generation 1.

So many of you have made it so far into the challenge!! Great job! I'm still on generation 1...

Any tips on getting promotions in the Scientist career track quicker? I've never done this career before, and I feel like it's going to be the last thing I end up getting done...

I have a let's play of this on my channel too if anyone is interested? Here's the most recent episode, but there's 3 previous episodes that come before it too...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOycfsW6DjU&amp;t=28s
  • KittyKatKK777KittyKatKK777 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SIMileyFace said:
    > I know this challenge is older and so many people have done it already, but I've just started it and I'm finding it so much fun!
    >
    > It's great that I'm doing things that I wouldn't normally in gameplay because of it :smile: for example the elements collection in generation 1.
    >
    > So many of you have made it so far into the challenge!! Great job! I'm still on generation 1...
    >
    > Any tips on getting promotions in the Scientist career track quicker? I've never done this career before, and I feel like it's going to be the last thing I end up getting done...
    >
    > I have a let's play of this on my channel too if anyone is interested? Here's the most recent episode, but there's 3 previous episodes that come before it too...
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOycfsW6DjU&t=28s

For the scientist career, id just say, make sure to go to work with your sim every day and complete as many tasks as possible, even if the task bar is already full. With patience you'll get there, good luck!
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    For the scientist career, id just say, make sure to go to work with your sim every day and complete as many tasks as possible, even if the task bar is already full. With patience you'll get there, good luck!

@KittyKatKK777 Thank you for the advice :blush: I'm on level 5 now, so I'm half way...but it just feels like it's going so slow and she's ageing so fast haha. I'll just keep working on it and hopefully I'll get there soon :smile:
  • SimLifeYTSimLifeYT Posts: 5 New Member
    I am going to begin this challenge on my cahnnel. I have also built the "mint house" as well. Come check it out, if you're looking for some ideas.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC05Iju7_fxrTBvR-cQGATkQ?view_as=subscriber
    Hugs and Luvs, Namaste

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top