Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reducing appearance of gnomes (especially Carter!)

Okay, so my Sim family currently has four adult dogs. Which I love. However, that also means, I have a much greater chance of all these Carter dog gnomes popping up in my game all the time.

Right now, when I see them, I just go into inventory and sell them... and since I don't like all the extra cash, I will go through every so often with MC and remove some funds.

But it's crazy, that one day, I had like 3-4 of them in my house! And going through and selling them all the time gets tedious.

I know the chance of appearance is already set at like .7 or something with EA (from some brief googling), but I am wondering if there is a mod, maybe a tuning setting in Retuner, or anything, where I can reduce this even more?
Or if anyone has any other ideas/methods for reducing their appearance? Or even, do you just delete them without gaining the 1,000 Simoleon boost? (Besides getting rid of my dogs, of course!)

Comments

• Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Guess I'm stuck just deleting/selling them and reducing my Sim family funds to compensate, lol.
  • Options
    pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    You could put them in your family inventory and keep them there instead of selling them
  • Options
    True... but there'd probably be close to a hundred of them in there by now haha.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    You could use NRaas MasterController to flush them from the lot. You won't get any money from them, but using MC to find them is itself a bit tedious.

I don't know if there are Retuner settings for the different gnomes. I've never looked into that. As for a mod, I'd look at modthesims and simsasylum.

There's also NRaas Overwatch, of course. The options to delete all gnomes every night is False by default. You'll have to enable it manually, if you use that mod.
  • Options
    I thought about the delete every night option, but I'm just not sure if I'd want to do that to ALL the gnomes in the world.

Maybe I'll go with flushing them for now. Half the time I cannot even find them. I hear that whoosh/poof noise, and I'm not sure if it's a new gnome or just my imaginary friend teleporting around! lol

I have looked through Retuner a bit... but I'm just not sure what category they would be in, if there was one. There are so many!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2017
    Does this help?

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Environment.MagicGnomeDog,Sims3GameplayObjects > kChancePerBFDog > (default is 0.07)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Yes, thank you!

That was probably the one place I did not check.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Just to explain how I found that, unless it's a section of Retuner I have been to many times before I have no idea where these things are or what they are called either (and "MagicGnomeDog" wouldn't have been my first or even thirtieth guess...).

On this page, we have copies of the game's master tuning files. You might want to download the one for your patch level -- the file hasn't changed since Patch 1.63, so that would probably be the one most want. If you open the file in a text editor, you can run searches on ominous sounding key words. I used "gnome" and got over 1,100 hits on it, which sounds horrifying at first. But I quickly saw that the entries relating to gnomes were grouped into batches of like 20 or more each, so it didn't really take very long to get to the doggie ones.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner+FAQ

And even then it's often difficult to know what to do with the entries. I recently got tired of my so-called celebrity sims getting stuff for free and at deep discounts so found where in the Celebrity Manager the tuning values are. That was easy. I changed what I thought were the correct values to 0.00 so as to remove the discounts and quickly found doing so set all of the discounts to 100%, and 100% of the time. How nice, exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do. But then from there, that was easy to adjust properly. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net