Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP and SP registration rewards

OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
So for a while (every time there is a sale, haha) I have been considering switching my Sims 3 over to Steam. (Right now I do disc play without Origin).

And actually, during the last sale, I bought the base game, so I could register it on the Store and get Hidden Springs Riverview. (Since my disc was used, and I couldn't register it for the extras).

Now that I am thinking about finishing out my collection, I wonder about registering all the SPs and EPs especially since I own the store now. And I do not want to end up with any repeats.

I suppose my question is: if I register the games, will I get anything new that I do not already own from the Store?
(I might still buy them, just for a backup of course, and just not bother registering them...)

Thanks!
Post edited by OriginalMara on

Comments

• Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sorry that this doesn't address your questions, but I've had my S3 registered at the store site and I don't have the option to get Hidden Springs for free, I see "redeem code" which asks me to log in again, and that's it, or redeem a cash card, if I try again. All S3 thing I have are registered, including the base.

Getting a cash card seemed pointless to me. I added something like that to my wish list but my family didn't know what to do with that, hahahaa. I used to see a bonus world option or something else, with points, but that went away with the switch to Origin point-buying, before my latest b-day. :frowning: I added the other option anyway, but then it went obsolete by my b-day purchasing.

Sorry to bother you, as well!

Anyway, I re-read your question, and I don't know what you have, but there are freebie downloads for registering on the site with each expansion. And WA gives free SimPoints, plus objects. HTH.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yeah, I've seen the registration items on the Store. I just wasn't sure if there were others for just registering. (Like Hidden Springs Riverview with the base game).

I'll go in and check into my Store account for you about that, but it doesn't seem to want to log me in right now lol. Just sits there spinning... Maybe I need to update my Flash player.
    Post edited by OriginalMara on
  • Options
    @simmerLella Oh, my bad! Riverview is the one I mean, that comes with the base game, not Hidden Springs! I got my worlds mixed up.

I got Hidden Springs with SimPoints.