Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adoption - baby basket/carriage

So I had my Sims couple adopt a baby. The social worker shows up, drops off the baby, my guy picks up the baby... and now this basket is just sitting there. And I cannot sell it/remove it/delete it.

I did have a glitch -- this is actually my second go-around with adopting -- the first time where when the social worker showed up, my house closed off and I could not click on anything. So I went to my previous save and tried again. Everything seemed to have worked right. But now I have this basket sitting there.

From a bit of other googling, I have gathered that it is supposed to disappear once the baby is picked up by a parent? If anyone can confirm this...

However, now I've moved far past that point that I cannot go back to a save pre-adoption. So I am stuck with this basket unless there is a way to somehow get rid of it a different way. Maybe with a mod? I don't know.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    You could use MasterController's Object Stats on the ground (or maybe it's wall) of the lot in question and select the unwanted object to Flush it. Although in this case, can you do testingcheatsenabled and shift-click to object delete it or is it just not clickable that way, even in Build/Buy Mode?

On adopting, it's glitchy generally. That's why MC has Adopt and Adopt Pet commands. It's the same baby sims and pets that the game offers, just without the cute but often broken adoption social worker scenarios and things like that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    You could use MasterController's Object Stats on the ground (or maybe it's wall) of the lot in question and select the unwanted object to Flush it. Although in this case, can you do testingcheatsenabled and shift-click to object delete it or is it just not clickable that way, even in Build/Buy Mode?

On adopting, it's glitchy generally. That's why MC has Adopt and Adopt Pet commands. It's the same baby sims and pets that the game offers, just without the cute but often broken adoption social worker scenarios and things like that.

No, Build/Buy mode didn't work, with or without testingcheats.

But the flush did! Thanks. I had forgotten about that.

And yeah, perhaps next time I will just use the MC adopt...

At least for now I got that silly basket out of the way.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The third choice of course would have been to keep the stuck item and decorate it for the upcoming holidays. But sounds like that's not really an option anymore, glad you were able to get rid of it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't think it would have allowed me to decorate it, ha. I couldn't interact with it at all. No commands when I clicked on it or anything.
    I'm just glad it wasn't in the middle of the floor, in the way, lol.