Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inactive singed Sims

Is there anyway to clean up inactive Sims who have gotten Sims?

Going through Master Controller's Stylist doesn't work. Apparently they have to bathe or something in order for it to go away. But I don't want to switch active households in order to do this lol. Is there anything I can do or just hope they bathe? (There's at least two in my town that are singed).

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    You could try adding those all-in-one bathrooms to some community lots and hope for the best. I have them spread out all over town, I still get an occasional singed sim but not for very long.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Try the resetsim cheat? Or try resetting the sim with MC, maybe?

I haven't had this happen in a long time. I usually just try to ignore it, lol.

Maybe try MC>Basic>Outfit?
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    If you don't want to change households you could temporarily add a genie to yours, ensorcel the singed sim and make him or her take a shower.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If you don't want to change households you could temporarily add a genie to yours, ensorcel the singed sim and make him or her take a shower.

I thought genies could clean a sim by clapping their hands. Or do they have to know them first? ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    igazor wrote: »

I thought genies could clean a sim by clapping their hands. Or do they have to know them first? ;)

Only used my genies to magically clean Sims in my household. They can be at opposite ends of the world. While controlling my genie I click on the dirty sim and choose magically clean sim from the menu.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited August 2016
    Karritz wrote: »

Only used my genies to magically clean Sims in my household. They can be at opposite ends of the world. While controlling my genie I click on the dirty sim and choose magically clean sim from the menu.

I just checked. I activated my genie and clicked on a food merchant tending a food stall from Seasons. There was a genie menu available and when I clicked on it and I found my genie could magically clean sim. She could also ensorcel the sim and banish the sim.

Genie_Menu.jpg

Next question is if this genie can magically clean a singed sim. I have no singed sims at the moment.

BTW: My genie is at home working on the science station. She has to go to work now too. She in nowhere near this sim that is on top of the roof of Rolling Thunder - half way across the world from where my genie is. And from previous experience the genie doesn't have to travel to the sim requiring cleaning. I don't recall if they clap their hands or not though.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Romance them at the Gym and Woohoo in the shower with them.

Have a Witch cast the Hygiene Charm on them.

I think Genies have a similar clean-up ability - oh - already mentioned, above! :D
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I use Master Controller >> Basic >> Outfit and fix the sim. If it doesn't help, I try to remove the moodlet.
  • SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    You can also use the moodlet manager, singed is a moodlet after all.
    edited August 2016

They can clean anyone, but that unfortunately doesn't work with singed sims :mrgreen: I had this issue in China once by the way, after a meteor. My ensorcel trick didn't work there though (genies can't ensorcel when travelling).

@simkeats But you can't get to the moodlet panel of a sim that isn't in your household.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Okay, I give in on the genie idea. But I know some of you have MasterController and that can be used to remove the Singed moodlet of any sim (MC Cheats module required).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

They can clean anyone, but that unfortunately doesn't work with singed sims :mrgreen: I had this issue in China once by the way, after a meteor. My ensorcel trick didn't work there though (genies can't ensorcel when travelling).

@simkeats But you can't get to the moodlet panel of a sim that isn't in your household.

I dont use the moodlet manager often, but I'm pretty certain you can choose to use it on your active sim or another sim, I know for sure I've used it to give bad moodlets to inactive sims.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    Try the resetsim cheat? Or try resetting the sim with MC, maybe?

I haven't had this happen in a long time. I usually just try to ignore it, lol.

Maybe try MC>Basic>Outfit?

Before, it didn't really bother me either, because I hardly saw the Sim who was singed. But I recently noticed that one of my Sim's BBFs is singed now too and I'd rather not look at her like that lol.

I will try the Basic>Outfit in MC... and check on her next time she's around. Thanks!

If you simply change a sims outfit while they are singed, be cautious, singed sims will die if they encounter fire, and I don't think changing their outfit would actually remove the moodlet.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I rarely see any around my town, but if I do, I use story progressions dream catcher, switch to their household for a moment, and queue them to have a shower.
    I wasn't sure about switching outfits with MC, because I know singed has a moodlet to go with it, and thought they actually needed to bathe to get rid of it.
    Every time my own sim has been singed and I've tried to simply change the outfit, it wouldn't let me.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    You've got a point there, @SimKeats !
    We keep saying MC can fix this, but not sure anyone (including me) has provided the path to the command.

NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Intermediate > Moodlets > Remove Moodlet
    (MC Cheats add-on module required)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I usually do as some of you - remove the moodlet...
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Okay, I give in on the genie idea. But I know some of you have MasterController and that can be used to remove the Singed moodlet of any sim (MC Cheats module required).
    That's good news, I have that mod. What option do I choose to do that? (there are more situations where removing moodlets can come in handy)
    ETA: ah, a few posts later, thanks :mrgreen:
    5JZ57S6.png
    Ahh... I don't have the Cheats module. Perhaps I will install that...

Actually, I did already have the Cheat module! haha. I think I was confusing it with the SP Extra one, which I do not have.

Took away her singed moodlet, and all should be well. Just not sure if I want to fix the other guy or not. I don't see him much.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »

I dont use the moodlet manager often, but I'm pretty certain you can choose to use it on your active sim or another sim, I know for sure I've used it to give bad moodlets to inactive sims.

I use it all the time on inactive sims. You know how annoying it is to ask someone out on a date, and 5 minutes later they're complaining about being tired? Just cure them and they're good to go. I used to have a trick to use on singed sims, but I forget what it was.