The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is this a thing?

My sims are constantly watching the tv from BEHIND! Why??? and how is that even possible?? In this picture there is nobody else watching the tv or even on that side of the room. They are all sitting at the table, but this sim decided to turn the tv on while at the table. They will even stand just behind it to watch it.
28263051836_4bd4a7192e_b.jpg[/url]

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Do you have any mods or cc? That shouldn't be possible, sims have a field of vision.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    @zeldagirl180 yes, i do.. but what sort of mod or cc would affect that?
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    @zeldagirl180 yes, i do.. but what sort of mod or cc would affect that?

It's nearly impossible just to guess. You'd have to back up your save files and remove all mods and cc temporarily and run the game as is to see if it's fixed.

Is that a cc tv?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,768 Member
    I don't have this problem so it might be your CC or mods. Try removing them and putting half of it back and testing. If it's fine, then the CC is in the other half. Continue until you find the culprit. Good luck!
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    @zeldagirl180 no, it is a base game tv.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited July 2016
    @Fizzstix
    i tested it now in my game
    it doesn't work, they go either to the sofa to watch TV,
    without a sofa, if there is space to stand they prefer to do that & they don't stay sitting on chairs behind the TV
    or they wave saying that they cannot watch it

it's either a rare constellation of how you've built the room
    or it is indeed a mod or CC, i don't have much of mods/CC in my game

you have probably to start without any mods/CC (remove localthumbcache, repair game)
    & to work then through your mod/CC folder by the 50/50 method

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,754 Member
    Hello
    Try testing, like the other simmers have posted, by moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issue still remains without the mods in your game, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I noticed that yesterday while playing the game. I have no CC or Mods (but I do DL from the Gallery and heard CC doesn't carry over)

I didn't take a pic, but it was similar to your pic. I can't say I was surprised, but it did catch my attention :D
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    If you can't figure it out you could also upload the room/house to gallery and ask someone else to test it.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    hm ... it could be the Battle Station from the Kids Room SP is causing this
    i don't own the pack

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,492 Member
    "Weirder Stories" :wink:
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I've noticed that sort of thing in my vanilla game, sims looking at an object from an odd place. Are obstacles to sitting on the couch? Or are the chairs behind it a lot more comfortable than the couch?
  • Options
    I had thought it was just my alien sim doing it, but I did catch one of my human sims standing behind and to the side of the tv watching it before he wandered off to take a shower. I did do a tiny bit of renovating, but left the tv, couch and chairs where they were. I just expanded the kitchen/dinning room. But that was before I saw the human sim watch the tv from behind. I haven't done and moving around of my cc/mods yet. I don't know if I can be bothered just yet. I will do it, but probably not until this weekend.
  • Options
    Hmm.. I downloaded my house to the gallery, but it has been tagged as modded, but it doesn't have any CC items in it. I checked with sims 4 studio to find what the CC items were, but nothing comes up.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    my sims are usually standing and watching tv. that also happened after a certain patch. annoying..
  • Options
    my sims are usually standing and watching tv. that also happened after a certain patch. annoying..

It isn't just standing and watching.. but they are watching from BEHIND the tv, @FurSimsOriginal
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Do you have any mods or cc? That shouldn't be possible, sims have a field of vision.

I have that happen to me a few times and I don't use mods in TS4 only CC sometimes. Also sims chatting facing totally different directions or very far away from each other with tons of objects in between them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

It isn't just standing and watching.. but they are watching from BEHIND the tv, @FurSimsOriginal

Yeah yeah i know, i just commented on what my sims are doing. Watching the tv from behind is even worse ofcourse.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Didn't you hear? They are smarter sims. Who needs to face a tv to watch it? :D
  • Options
    Not only is my sim watching the tv from behind, standing up and all that jazz, he is now watching it standing UNDER the stairs, behind the tv. After the update and before I put my mods and CC back in the game, I figured i'd run my game and this picture was taken at that time. So, this is definitely not something that is being caused by a mod or a CC item.
    28261204421_c17c2fbc47_c.jpg
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    My sims are constantly watching the tv from BEHIND! Why??? and how is that even possible?? In this picture there is nobody else watching the tv or even on that side of the room. They are all sitting at the table, but this sim decided to turn the tv on while at the table. They will even stand just behind it to watch it.
    28263051836_4bd4a7192e_b.jpg[/url]

I did that once. Though in my defense I was concussed at the time.
    Gallery ID: babysquare