Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Having a destination wedding

So I've finally decided that instead of a public wedding with all their friends (and setting up a lot for this), I want my Sims to get married on the beach. Probably in Sunlit Tides. And go the private wedding route.

Now, I know that if I want them in wedding attire, for a private wedding, I have to get them dressed before enabling the private wedding action.

But my question is -- to my understanding, after this happens, it asks about moving and households and stuff, and I'm wondering, how this would work, since they're not living in Sunlit Tides but just visiting. And after the wedding/honeymoon will be returning to their home in Appaloosa Plains.
(Or if this even shows up, since they're already living in the same house?)

And if there are any other issues I should get settled beforehand. I just want it to go smoothly. :)

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've done private weddings with 2 sims in the same household many times before. I've never been asked about moving households and whatnot since there's no sim to move in. Actually, I've never had a wedding between 2 sims who weren't already living together.

I've never done a wedding at a vacation destination. I recently started using this world, which was created to work with NRaas Traveler as a vacation destination. There are 2 resorts on the island, each with a wedding area. I think I'm going to try that once my 2 sims are ready to tie the knot (one's got a Heartbreaker LTW to finish first).
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm thinking since your destination would be treated just like being in one of the WA "countries" and they already live together you shouldn't get a pop-up about moving. If in doubt and no one replies back first save your game and try it to see what happens.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2015
    You only get the popup about moving when they don't already live together. But, in a vacation destination, the base camp, or whichever house they are staying at, is considered to be their home. So, if they weren't already living together, that would be the house you would choose for them to move into. But, it should not affect the fact that their real home is in another town.

But, as @BSIRegina suggested, in case something goes wrong, because things often do, always back up your game first.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    If in doubt [...] save your game and try it to see what happens.
    Better advice has never been given on a game forum. :)

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    BSIRegina wrote: »
    If in doubt [...] save your game and try it to see what happens.
    Better advice has never been given on a game forum. :)

Lolz. It's one of my favorite methods of trying to figure things out in a lot of games.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    I sent my couple to Sunlit Tides for their wedding. They traveled together so they were already in the same household.

I dressed them up and put a wedding arch on a community beach lot and they used it to get married with no other sims around.

Fand_G015.jpg

Fand_G016.jpg

Fand_G017.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My current sim just got married while on vacation also. They live in Starlight Shores, but got married in the town I recently made in CAW, Crystal Falls. They had a private wedding in the wedding chapel I made for my town. They even had a wedding cake, all to themselves. Then they danced together until a paparazzo showed up, at which point they left and returned to the apartment they were renting.

Screenshot-53.jpg

Screenshot-60.jpg

Screenshot-63_1.jpg
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Awesome pics!

And yes, I will definitely be saving a lot. Thanks, guys! I just wanted to make sure something wouldn't go weird if they were in a different world. :)