Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple questions re: pet adoptions

So I'm to the point where I'm thinking of getting a second dog for my Sim, because my hope is to eventually breed them. However, I have a couple questions about that and pet adoptions in general.

First off, if I do end up with puppies, do the adoptions work just like the NPC ones? I mean, will they get notified that there are puppies and stop by my Sim's house to adopt them? Or do I have to physically click on them all to adopt them out?
Just curious on this aspect!

Secondly, are the pets available for adoption from the shelter always mutts? Are there ever purebreds in there?
I realize that in order to get a second Dalmatian for my other one to breed with, my best chance is just to create a new household with that dog and merge them... so I'm really just asking for later on/other games.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Mutts are most common from shelters, but I believe I have occasionally seen breeds there, too. However, given the size of selection (I have never seen more than six) and the number of breeds, combined with the preponderance of mutts, I would not want to chance waiting for another dalmatian before your dog is too old to breed.

I have never adopted pets out - just sold a horse at the equestrian center when it got glitched and stopped improving racing skill. so can't help you there. Someone is bound to know, though. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yeah, I figure it would be a long shot; I was merely just curious if non-mutts ever appeared. Thanks!
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    If you have extra pets and you want to give them away to the adoption agency, just call the adoption agency and put it up for adoption, and the pet social worker person will come and take the pet away. I think you can only do one pet at a time, so this'll require a few phone calls. No one will automatically come to take away your puppies without the phone call, 'cause what if you wanted to keep them all, you know? XD

If you want to give the pet away to a neighbor, there is an option to sell pet when you're talking to someone in town. I've never tried this before, though, so I don't know if you need a good friendship or what.
  • Options
    Hmm, okay. Not quite as cool as my house becoming the 'town pet adoption' home, but gets the job done, lol.
  • Options
    Just bumping this because I found another way, through a mod, of what to do with puppies if you don't want to keep them.

If you don't want to adopt but want to sell them, just get the Consigner mod from NRAAS. It should allow you to sell your pets, and they will stay in your world (unless there is no room for them). If you'd like to make money on them, that is, and don't want to just adopt them out.