Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there official rules for the pretacy/uglacy challenge?

I have looked all over, and can't find anything for the sims 4. Knowing me I will probably customize it, but would at least like a guide. In the meantime what do you guys think of my lovely lady? hehe
NVM dunno how to post pics. How do I do that as well?

Comments

• LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    I could be completely wrong here, but I think that the Prettacy/Uglacy challenge was originally intended to be a twist on the original Legacy challange. So if you wanted to play it traditionally you would use the Legacy challenge rules, and just start of with a pretty sim and try to get an ugly child by gen 10, or an ugly sim, and try to get a beautiful child by gen 10.

A lot of people seem to make up their own rules rather than playing with the Legacy challenge rules, and if you were thinking of story telling your own challenge I will say as a reader of prettacy challenges, I actually prefer that. I am currently playing a traditional legacy, while trying to get the highest score possible, and it really bogs down story telling potential because you are usually so focused on trying to skill up, finish aspirations, or reach the top of careers. Its not as fun to write about how you sent so and so out to fish for the umpteenth time because they have the angling ace aspiration and they need to fish their faces off to complete it, for instance.

In order to post pics you will need to first upload them to an image sharing site like photo bucket or tiny pic. After you have uploaded your picture it will give you a list of copy\paste codes for sharing your pictures. You want to use the bb code for bulletin/message boards. Just copy and paste it into your post. It should look like this: [ img]web adress here[ /img] without the spaces.
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I agree with @Lafrou - I typically prefer reading legacy stories that are not based on the traditional legacy challenge. The creative license allows for a more engaging, interesting story. This applies to prettacy/uglacy stories (in my opinion) as well. Which is why I choose, for instance, to not move my founder into an empty lot or buy a knight statue, but to ban cheats from my game, for example. But that's because my ultimate goal is writing the story, so it works for me.

Ultimately all "rules" are made up anyway. If you want strict guidelines to follow, though, just check out official legacy rules. You can always add your own specific prettacy/uglacy rules. For instance, I know @marcellala has a rule where the founder/heir can't have more than one baby with any guy, and one where she can't have any more children if she gets married. I've decided that it's against my rules to change the "natural" hair color, but just semi-broke my own rule (semi because it was a plot device and is getting changed back before the new color can get passed down to any possible children).

I have nothing against strict legacies, but for me, I just like to play to have fun, and to use my imagination, so I don't like anything that boxes me in too much.

• Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    It's like @Lafrou said, Prettacies/Uglacies are variations of the original Legacy Challenge. There is also another interseting called "Keep the Founder Alive", where your goal is to never let the founder die in ten generations.

@PeachyKeen88 I also semi-broke my rules by introducing Greg. I said guys from the gallery are not allowed, but i meant with that that you shouldn't try to search for pretty boys because that makes the challenge to easy. If you look at it, it's also kind of against the rules to knowingly make the next gen ugly again because it goes against the core principle of the challenge lol
    I plan to use that motive "broken rules" in my story in the future, though.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I don't think there are any official rules for the ugly to pretty or pretty to ugly challenges ...just start with a ugly sim using Pinstars rules is the only one I have seen.

Well I did see this one: I don't know where I read this as I can't find it right now...but in one of them there was a rule where you could only have one child per generation and then see if you could in 10 generations breed out the ugly.

But many people have made up their own set of rules to make the game fun for them. Because well..in my case I can't ever make it to 10 generations. I think the farthest I have ever made it was 6.

I think it is like others have said ...just make up your own rules. They make for more interesting stories any way. And you are more apt to stick to the story if you make your own rules. You could also use one of the other challenges for a guide line and just make your founder ugly.
  • sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2015
    Heres my lovely lady >:)
    Screen%20Shot%202015-07-28%20at%206.19.00%20PM_zpsuhykskca.png

Dang it not sure why she is sideways!! Oh well i've been trying to just get it uploaded for a while.
    She's great! I hope you post her story here :)
    edited July 2015
    I've been having trouble with the screen shots. I probably will, but its a first try.. sooo.. yeah.

I couldn't get the boobs to sag though. I've done it before, but couldn't with her. Thats why I ended up making her super skinny. Is there a trick? Also she had her first baby, and it turned out to be full alien. Whats up with that?
    I've been having trouble with the screen shots. I probably will, but its a first try.. sooo.. yeah.

I couldn't get the boobs to sag though. I've done it before, but couldn't with her. Thats why I ended up making her super skinny. Is there a trick? Also she had her first baby, and it turned out to be full alien. Whats up with that?

Is the baby actually an alien or just alien skin tone? Both my founder (Grainna) and @marcellala 's founder (Cassia) had blue skin. Both of them had babies born with the alien blue skintone. The babies wore alien baby clothes but we're not actually aliens. So far it seems to be that blue skin + fair skin = blue alien skin, where blue skin + dark skin will result in the darker skin tone rather than the blue.

For Grainna I just made her boobs huge and then pulled them down, lol.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    I don't think there are any official rules for the ugly to pretty or pretty to ugly challenges ...just start with a ugly sim using Pinstars rules is the only one I have seen.

Well I did see this one: I don't know where I read this as I can't find it right now...but in one of them there was a rule where you could only have one child per generation and then see if you could in 10 generations breed out the ugly.

But many people have made up their own set of rules to make the game fun for them. Because well..in my case I can't ever make it to 10 generations. I think the farthest I have ever made it was 6.

I think it is like others have said ...just make up your own rules. They make for more interesting stories any way. And you are more apt to stick to the story if you make your own rules. You could also use one of the other challenges for a guide line and just make your founder ugly.

I think i'm the one who made up that rule. I don't know if i was the first one to ever come up with it, but i definetely didn't see it around before i thought of it.
    There were a lot who started out the actual Ugly Challenge (not prettacy) with a couple. They just had tons of babies of the same couple to hope one would turn out to look acceptable and that seemed too lame to me. I wanted it all decided by coincidence.
    edited July 2015
    I would actually like to see someone start out with a guy. That would be funny. Great job on the founder @sparkler_rose
    Lol I feel like he would've made a cute match for Cassia.
    @PeachyKeen88
    So far he's got the alien eyes, they look black. We shall see though.
    @marcellala I am currently working on a pretty fantastic odd looking guy.

I really need to post a profile pic of Eve though. From the side she really looks like a gorrila :D
  • LafrouLafrou Posts: 204 Member
    Oh, nice @sparkler_rose, she is definitely a weird looking one.

I like your guy, too @Julyvee94 he looks so funky, but so comfortable in his funkiness. :grin: