Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Distorted Audio during Gameplay

Has anyone else experienced this? I know it's not a hardware issue - all other games sound is not affected.
Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    does it happen in every game even new ones? does restarting the game help and have you played around with music settings. and is the music distorted with your speakers or headphones or both
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I have I had to rest my sims 4 file to get it ot work properly after a patch someone else also had their sound drivers ripped out from a patch. Make sure your sound is working on other things. If it is reset game

pull your sims 4 folder from Douments, Electronic arts folder to desktop, start the game it will generate a new file. See if your sound is ok . If it is now working you can then take yours saves, tray, mods folders from the file you put at desktop and add them to the new file you created in documents.
  • Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    does it happen in every game even new ones? does restarting the game help and have you played around with music settings. and is the music distorted with your speakers or headphones or both

It's in every game.
    I reset the Sims 4 and a brand new game still had the distortion.
    Speakers & Headphones.

Signature-Light-2.jpg

I have I had to rest my sims 4 file to get it ot work properly after a patch someone else also had their sound drivers ripped out from a patch. Make sure your sound is working on other things. If it is reset game

pull your sims 4 folder from Douments, Electronic arts folder to desktop, start the game it will generate a new file. See if your sound is ok . If it is now working you can then take yours saves, tray, mods folders from the file you put at desktop and add them to the new file you created in documents.

Everything else, the sound is fine. I reset the game as instructed and the problem still persists.

Signature-Light-2.jpg

@rosemow op has sound issues, already reset game and not fixing it. Was it you that posted a link how to fix the sound in game? I can seem t find that link Thanks!!
    Thanks @rosemow that is the link I was talking about
    Thanks everyone for helping me out. I ended up restoring my computer to a point about a week back that inexplicably has fixed the issue. I played almost all day yesterday without any audio distortion or "crackling" at all.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Thanks everyone for helping me out. I ended up restoring my computer to a point about a week back that inexplicably has fixed the issue. I played almost all day yesterday without any audio distortion or "crackling" at all.

glad you got it working and how very interesting i wonder if driver was updated that made the difference
    That's the weird thing, the audio driver is listed as being from 2013. Every time I tell it to update it says it doesn't need to. Then I went to reduce the audio quality in system control but when I try to drop it down, the explorer stops working, I have to reboot the computer, and then the sound doesn't work at all for ANYTHING like a system file was deleted, causing me to perform a system restore which fixes the problem. So riddle me that.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

ugh! and i so feel you, im currently having an issue with an outdated drivers for my laptop's trackpad and ive been trying to track down a new driver that doesnt conflict with other programs but stops this silly thing from crashing all the time. and to boot a driver compatible for windows 7.

it may be very possible you cant update the driver how the maker configured it may make it impossible to update and its also could still at the same time be possible that newer programs with newer software are having issues with this older driver. my best advice is google your model and issue and see if others are posting similar problems and what others have posted as possible solutions. also check out out makers site or call their tech support. they may already know what the issue is and how to fix

or if everything is fine now nothing wrong with just keeping as it. :) updating certain things in general can be problematic its why many times the reported advice is to only change certain things when there is problem