Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music in Sims 4, can they Sing?

2...Next

Comments

• Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    They sing in the Showers...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo soprano btw), but singing in Sims 3 annoys me. I literally avoid it from happening (not teaching my sims WA-songs and quit the singer career before reaching the highest level without any regret).

(eta: gee this topic is old...)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    VININIANNE wrote: »
    I don't have Sims 4 yet since it's too expensive and I figured, after seeing videos and reading posts and all that,I never heard of or saw a Sim sing... They play guitar, violin and piano but I din't see a single sim singing like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or like a total dumbwitt! So I asked myself, why did I not see a Sim sing? When I have a strong emotion, I sing!!! (I love singing...and I'm a soprano...no connection with all of this but hey! Just sayin' ) Did I just not see a "Singing skill" for a reason that I don't know or is it just inexistant?

Unlike what people are saying sims in TS4 sing!!! If you have Outdoor Retreat sims can sing camping songs with a guitar. And god they suck at it in the biginning it's so funny!

Edit: ok this is an old thread :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo sopranThat aside though, I do really enjoy Get Together so far. Granted it's not as good as Sims 2 Nightlife or Sims 3 Late Night, it's still a good expansion pack. If they keep heading in this direction, The Sims 4 will become great. Because frankly, right now, it's not. It's just "okay" or "decent". I'm curious to see what they'll do in expansion and game packs that focus on families and legacies.
    btw), but singing in Sims 3 annoys me. I literally avoid it from happening (not teaching my sims WA-songs and quit the singer career before reaching the highest level without any regret).

(eta: gee this topic is old...)[/quote]

How exacly do you know in which category you are? Like how do you know you are a mezzo soprano?

(I think I messed up in the quote sorries I'm on mobile).
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    They can sing with guitar in Outdoor Retreat. Pick sing songs interaction on guitar, has some songs. So that is the most we have rn
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo soprano btw), but singing in Sims 3 annoys me. I literally avoid it from happening (not teaching my sims WA-songs and quit the singer career before reaching the highest level without any regret).

I liked how the singer career was in Sims 1 Superstar! And old thread, sorry for following you guys and bumping it even more lol
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited December 2015

@JoAnne65 Well my dear, you can blame me because I got bored and went thru the archives and commented a few posts back....

By the way, you said:
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo soprano btw)

And I (am a second bass, btw) patiently look forward to hearing your rendition of "Libiamo, libiamo ne'lieti calici"
    :):oo:)<3
    Traviata_-_00hr_10min_04sec.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo sopranThat aside though, I do really enjoy Get Together so far. Granted it's not as good as Sims 2 Nightlife or Sims 3 Late Night, it's still a good expansion pack. If they keep heading in this direction, The Sims 4 will become great. Because frankly, right now, it's not. It's just "okay" or "decent". I'm curious to see what they'll do in expansion and game packs that focus on families and legacies.
    btw), but singing in Sims 3 annoys me. I literally avoid it from happening (not teaching my sims WA-songs and quit the singer career before reaching the highest level without any regret).

How exacly do you know in which category you are? Like how do you know you are a mezzo soprano?

(I think I messed up in the quote sorries I'm on mobile).[/quote]

It depends what range you can sing in -- if you can sing really high notes and you're female, you'll be a soprano, or if you're a male you'd be a tenor. To determine specifically your singing range, you can go to a vocal teacher or join a choir, and the teacher/choir director will run you through a series of exercises to determine your proper range. And ranges can change over time -- I used to be a 1st Soprano (I could hit the really high notes), but now as I'm older I'm firmly in 2nd Soprano. I've sung chorally off and on since junior high; I'd love to get back into it once life settles down a bit.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

@JoAnne65 Well my dear, you can blame me because I got bored and went thru the archives and commented a few posts back....

By the way, you said:
    I love singing myself, do it all the time (mezzo soprano btw)

And I (am a second bass, btw) patiently look forward to hearing your rendition of "Libiamo, libiamo ne'lieti calici"
    :):oo:)<3
    Traviata_-_00hr_10min_04sec.jpg
    Sorry, I only perform solos in the shower :p
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited December 2015
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

(I think I messed up in the quote sorries I'm on mobile).
    I sing in a choir. Alto by the way, but I've been told that in fact I am a mezzo. (because what @stilljustme2 says ;))
    At home I'm a mute, I'm not allowed to sing here, not when my kids are anywhere around that is :disappointed:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    VININIANNE wrote: »
    I don't have Sims 4 yet since it's too expensive and I figured, after seeing videos and reading posts and all that,I never heard of or saw a Sim sing... They play guitar, violin and piano but I din't see a single sim singing like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or like a total dumbwitt! So I asked myself, why did I not see a Sim sing? When I have a strong emotion, I sing!!! (I love singing...and I'm a soprano...no connection with all of this but hey! Just sayin' ) Did I just not see a "Singing skill" for a reason that I don't know or is it just inexistant?

There is a bit of a saving grace in that if you purchase Outdoor Retreat, you can have you Sim learn how to play the guitar by singing songs. By level 3 in guitar, you Sim's singing voice should have improved greatly. This was a godsend to me. I really, really miss the singing career from ST in Sims3. I even re-created my singer Sim for Sims4. So, now, he can sing a little bit. Better than silence. We take what we can get, no?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    There are only two ways a sim can sing:
    •Showering
    •Serenading

Not true. They also sing birthday songs to one another, and campfire songs with the guitar, and a couple of more songs when they get clever enough.
  • VININIANNEVININIANNE Posts: 252 Member
    Yeah but ....I would have liked....singing for singing, you know. Like : action-sing-(type of song)
    or -ask to sing a duet
    etc!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    They do sing in the Get Together trailer, but they haven't added that skill yet. What would be really neat is if they could sing with a band backing them up...or at least bring back the karoake machine.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    There are only two ways a sim can sing:
    •Showering
    •Serenading

Not true. They also sing birthday songs to one another, and campfire songs with the guitar, and a couple of more songs when they get clever enough.

Birthday songs? I've yet to see that. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Forget all that indie pop nonsense, Simvarotti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTk79LAd0eM

No, no, no! SimTraviata!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57PfVGRR78

Nope and nope again...

Simva Mula

https://youtu.be/4MR6D7tL38U
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I've had 2 sims sing at birthdays and one of them had a lovely singing voice. Wish it could happen more often.
  • tilghmansim3tilghmansim3 Posts: 56 Member
    actually they can also sing since outdoor retreat with the guitar, camp songs and such, click on guitar options... may just be the cheap one that came with outdoor retreat...
  • ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    Awww, I loved the singing in Showtime, especially One More Grey Day. I hope it makes a comeback!
    original.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Forget all that indie pop nonsense, Simvarotti.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTk79LAd0eM

No, no, no! SimTraviata!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57PfVGRR78

Nope and nope again...

Simva Mula

https://youtu.be/4MR6D7tL38U

Leeloo Dallas, multi-pass!
    I think I'll pop that into the player tonight.
    I haven't seen it in a while. :D

Yeah, old topic, but I have to say I do like my when my sim sings and plays the guitar thanks to outdoor retreat.
    Please EA, if bands make a return, let them have a lead singer.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    singing would be great. I keep hoping that my sim will get better while playing the guitar.