Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolff Legacy - Updated 1/22.. Yes, this year. :D

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I have laughed out loud dozens of times reading yours and others' legacies. This is the first time I cried out loud. I feel like I need to change my profile pic to something that fits how I feel.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    That hurt my heart. I'm so sad to see her go.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • RoaneRoane Posts: 204 Member
    Oh, so sad! Their love story was so awesome. Glad to see they stayed that way right up to the end.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    Origin ID: Tairgire
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I read thru Gen 2 and most of Gen 3, I especially loved the parts with the rocket ship, lol, and the romance with Estrella. I really like how you used the garden planters alongside the wedding area, great idea. Watching your Legacy grow is seriously making me want to start one. I've never done one before.
    @FloorRaisin - This chapter was so beautifully written. I've been reflecting on it all last evening, off and on through the night during waking moments, and this morning in the garden. Sarah Williams' poem was a perfect choice--really captures the essence of Estrella's beautiful nature and the tenderness of her life with Clem.

I think what I appreciate most about this chapter is the gentle, tender, and almost understated approach it takes. Through the characters (and the screen shots of them), we come to feel what this loss will mean to the Wolff family. At the same time, the handling of Estrella is so respectful. It's really a beautiful tribute to who she is.

And what a great Sim life you gave this chess-playing gardener! Any Sim (who's not evil and doesn't hate kids!) would feel so rewarded and fulfilled to look back on a life like she led.

Thank you for writing that with such a gentle hand!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Yay - one more insane sim. I'm so interested in how playing an insane sim is - I haven't gotten around to playing one yet and they were always such fun in ts3. Looking forward to learning more about it :)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Aw, Estrella :( That was such a sad chapter, but captured so perfectly. Just realized that was the last update. Totally hooked.
  • FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Thank you all for the kind words. Especially you, @CathyTea ! <3

Hopefully you all will forgive me as I turn to immature survival humor for the next entry.. haha

Here: On a clear day, I can see Uranus

The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
    Oh, man. Can I even get past that first picture of Dianthus? I am so into that Sim--I hate to see him sad. What a poet's heart he's got! I'm glad you've let us know that you're resorting to humor. Enough sadness. We need cheerful Sims!

Oh, yay! Oh, this is so sweet! I don't think the humor is immature... (uh-oh--revealing self childish trait). Oh, so sweet. One thing I completely and totally love about TS4 is the way that kind Sims show compassion and jump right in to cheer up victims of evil Sims' meanness. Super cool! Now I am ready for this generation to take the spin!

edited September 2014
    Awww, I love Cooper! <3
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Just finished catching up on your legacy. Love it. And this last chapter with teen Cooper was too cute.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    I agree -- Cooper is awesome and the bit with teen Cooper showing up was an excellent surprise.
    The Geek Shall Inherit: The Merrigan Family Legacy Challenge -- Visit us on Tumblr.
    I had the weirdest play session ever last night. Some kind of public flirty epidemic went on at a community lot, with children doing flirty animations and adults spamming flirty interactions with/at teens. Eventually the game crashed, which I'm now grateful for, because there was some serious relationship damage going that would have been difficult to explain, lol.

Rofl, oh my. For some reason, I immediately thought of a zombie apocalypse, like all your Sims were infected, but they wanted to flirt not bite, lol.
    Rofl, oh my. For some reason, I immediately thought of a zombie apocalypse, like all your Sims were infected, but they wanted to flirt not bite, lol.

That would indeed be the sims version of the apocalypse ;)
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    @FloorRaisin - Oh, that's so weird! Weird Sims, yes. In my other game (prologue to the Roomies challenge), my little kid simself rolled the wish to practice bold pickup lines. And at the park, too, all the adult Sims were walking around flirty with hearty thought bubbles--but fortunately no cross-age-group romantic interactions. Keep us posted on if that was a one-time thing or... a pattern... (I think maybe you started it by introducing Cooper as a potential when she was still a kid and Dia was a teen! Watch out how you give the game-gods ideas!)

• BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    I love Cooper. She's too cute, and seeing her as a teen was awesome. Potential love interest? I hope so! They are so adorbs together.

That....is the strangest bug ever. I haven't had that happen yet, but lol! It sounds like it was a crazy fest.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
    edited October 2014
    One of the children was floating. It was bizarre. Tonight seemed ok though, so must've just been a fluke! I was kind of jumpy whenever anyone got flirty nearby anyway, lol.

It's past my bedtime, but here's an update! ;D

Boys Go To Jupiter
    Rofl, at the zombie homeless guy, aww. And the more I see Cooper... She's so pretty... Pretty good at punching a Teddy Bear, rofl. I like her complicated nature. Ooo, and Eve the redhead! Lol, their fighting over Dia is priceless, lol. Glad Cooper came out on top, lol. Great update: )
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    No worries about log 3 getting long. All your updates are great, so just keep doing your thing ;) Great job. I love Dia by the way, even if his traits might drive you crazy sometimes lol
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    The thing about Digitalis being both Neat and Insane is sort of funny. (Not hah hah funny, but weird how it works funny.) According to all the crime procedurals I watch, (I am so addicted.) it seems like the compulsion to be neat often goes along with various types of sociopathy.

I also wouldn't worry about the length. I find that it takes longer and longer to get through each generation. So your choices, as I see them, are either to let it go long or skip lots of bits. And I vote against your skipping lots of bits. You capture a lot of funny little moments that I just don't think to notice. I'd hate to lose any of those.
    edited October 2014
    Are you excited about the ghosts being patched in today? I was wondering how it would affect your Legacy, mainly with all your deceased! And I think bills will be lowered, I spied a note in the patch about objects being double counted....

Edit: Looks like you already caught this question, lol, in CathyTea's thread.
    Post edited by RachelRosebud on
    I'm also interested in the ghosts (from what I have heard reported an urn with a spirit connected to it will indeed produce a ghost even if the death was pre-patch).

I will also eagerly be waiting to see how this counting error will affect the bills for legacy families...
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Yes, very exciting things in the patch! I'm also curious/excited at the collectibles being repriced to scale with rarity instead of all selling for 35 or whatever it is - I believe I have a ton of those in storage. Trying to hurry up and get my work done so I can play! :)