Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotating a Lot

Comments

• Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    > @LostDono said:
    > Ok I tried this twice on 2 separate lots, so I'm pretty sure it works. If anyone is still getting the backwards, first off you go into build mode on the lot and then bulldoze it. Move the post box facing the correct direction and by the street. Do NOT exit build mode, instead press F4 or open the gallery and apply the lot while in build mode. It should fix the backwards facing lot thing.
    > Hope it helps any of you still having that problem.

Can confirm this worked fo rme as well :)
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    LostDono wrote: »
    Ok I tried this twice on 2 separate lots, so I'm pretty sure it works. If anyone is still getting the backwards, first off you go into build mode on the lot and then bulldoze it. Move the post box facing the correct direction and by the street. Do NOT exit build mode, instead press F4 or open the gallery and apply the lot while in build mode. It should fix the backwards facing lot thing. <br />
    Hope it helps any of you still having that problem.
    This didn't work for me at all.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2014
    For now, there is no way to rotate an entire lot. It would certainly be useful functionality to have though. :)

This might be my problem! I built a house on the lot in Oasis Springs called "Affluista Mansion" I bulldozed the house and built my own. I have a lighting problem with it and also when I see it from the map view, the house is facing the wrong way on the map. I built it so the house faces the street but it's backwards on the map. How can I fix this????

P.S. Nevermind. I found an old save with the original lot and it's also backwards on the map, so I guess there's no way I can get mine to orient any different! lol Mine's just broken the same way as theirs is... But really, is that why the sunlight hits my house in a weird way and creates light where there shouldn't be anything but shadow???? Can you devs please take a look at the lighting issues with that there backwards lot of yours???
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    chorvageechorvagee Posts: 544 Member
    I'm having problems with this as well. I want an easy way to do this.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Ok I tried this twice on 2 separate lots, so I'm pretty sure it works. If anyone is still getting the backwards, first off you go into build mode on the lot and then bulldoze it. Move the post box facing the correct direction and by the street. Do NOT exit build mode, instead press F4 or open the gallery and apply the lot while in build mode. It should fix the backwards facing lot thing. <br />
    This didn't work for me at all.

Yeah...me either. A house that I built on the "parkshore" lot always shows up backwards on the "Umbrage Manor" lot and nothing seems to work.
  • Options
    DragonAge_26659DragonAge_26659 Posts: 9 New Member
    I keep getting Can't Find Object message when try to place my rotated lot and I can't place it.
  • Options
    SettazPSettazP Posts: 7 New Member
    Crashes every time I try to rotate using the U then shift method...
  • Options
    SettazPSettazP Posts: 7 New Member
    > @LostDono said:
    > Ok I tried this twice on 2 separate lots, so I'm pretty sure it works. If anyone is still getting the backwards, first off you go into build mode on the lot and then bulldoze it. Move the post box facing the correct direction and by the street. Do NOT exit build mode, instead press F4 or open the gallery and apply the lot while in build mode. It should fix the backwards facing lot thing.

Thanks this works.
  • Options
    AshleyHammondAshleyHammond Posts: 1 New Member
    I was just having that same issue and i put it in build mode and placed it and it was perfect :)
  • Options
    FalkonLinkFalkonLink Posts: 1 New Member
    AshleyHammond and SettazP have provided the best way. Build mode, then place. It will correctly align itself automatically.
  • Options
    MandynzMandynz Posts: 1 New Member
    It can be done!!! I got very frustrated to the point where my PC almost went out the window but instead bulldozed the lot, after doing so I noticed that the mail box stayed behind which gave me an idea.. What if I just moved the mail box to the front of the lot where it should be then place the lot again?? Well you could of blown me over with a freakin feather because the lot was now the right way aound..YAY... Hope this helps everyone else :smiley:
  • Options
    RionaKattRionaKatt Posts: 1 New Member
    So I tried the mailbox thing and it didn't work. What /did/ work was placing the lot from map mode. It was weird.
  • Options
    Wilko1971Wilko1971 Posts: 18 New Member
    > @uo_2272 said:
    > I have the same problem with a few downloaded lots. "They place backwards". Rotating the house doesn't work because the game says the house becomes out of bounds when I attempt it.
    Ive been having the same problam. I wish i knew how...
  • Options
    Wilko1971Wilko1971 Posts: 18 New Member
    @uo_2272
    I went into the lot and faced the way I wanted it to look then went into the gallery and lot it and when it came into the lot it was the way I was facing. Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    galoriagaloria Posts: 6 New Member
    > @LostDono said:

This worked perfectly for me!
  • Options
    CreativeRoyaltyCreativeRoyalty Posts: 2 New Member
    After I bulldozed my house, I repositioned the mailbox to the front of the lot and then I placed my house down. That worked for me.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    After I bulldozed my house, I repositioned the mailbox to the front of the lot and then I placed my house down. That worked for me.

This works for me half the time. I just keep deleting and reuploading until it works (or I get frustrated). I guess they know about the issue and are trying to work on it. :D Once fixed, I'm sure my neighborhood will look much better. Haha
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    EthyrdudeEthyrdude Posts: 268 Member
    Ok I tried this twice on 2 separate lots, so I'm pretty sure it works. If anyone is still getting the backwards, first off you go into build mode on the lot and then bulldoze it. Move the post box facing the correct direction and by the street. Do NOT exit build mode, instead press F4 or open the gallery and apply the lot while in build mode. It should fix the backwards facing lot thing.

This worked for me. Trying to rotate everything may work if the lot is a perfect square but if its a rectangle then it keeps giving "system error" every time you try. I even tried to use the < or > keys. Just move the mail box, you can blow the house up before or after ( I love destruction! ), then grab another copy and it works.
    On a planet far, far away.
  • Options
    PetLeahPetLeah Posts: 1 New Member
    > @althekoolkid3 said:
    > For people wanting to move the lots and are worried about fencing and such. . . Press U to enter move mode click the house, then hold shift and click the fencing/yard/etc. You can move both simultaneously.

Yes! This! It totally worked. I was going crazy trying to fix this lot. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    mara3004mara3004 Posts: 48 Member
    Thank you LittleMermaid540. Your trick of going into build mode, bulldozing the lot, moving the mailbox, and hitting F4 worked beautifully. My house is now facing the correct way! :)
  • Options
    RedReaper180RedReaper180 Posts: 2 New Member
    In the last update they did, they made it so you can rotate the entire lot, just go into build mode and choose rotate house but now a menu drops from there and you can choose rotate lot
  • Options
    Parkus1114Parkus1114 Posts: 33 Member
    > @althekoolkid3 said:
    > For people wanting to move the lots and are worried about fencing and such. . . Press U to enter move mode click the house, then hold shift and click the fencing/yard/etc. You can move both simultaneously.

Hello :smile: I can tell you this DOES work!! I am so happy I looked this up. After reading the first couple comments I felt it was hopeless but when I tried this it work for me. Try it again if it didn't work for you the first time. Make sure you press and hold shift when clicking on the fence. Then you can use the rotate and all the landscaping goes with it. Happy Simming!!
  • Options
    TideleTidele Posts: 8 New Member
    Go to the build mode and click the icon with arrows going in all four directions and there you have it! Youtube helped better then the forumns fortunately.
  • Options
    SWLAMedicSWLAMedic Posts: 1 New Member
    In build mode, Press "Y" and it will allow you to move the entire lot, trees, pools, everything.
  • Options
    ilovepupps100000ilovepupps100000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys i was trying the U thing and i accidentally pressed Y then i realised if you press Y you can move EVERYTHING thats on the lot, so the garden and everything thats on the lot can be rotated and moved! hope this helps, :smile: BTW if you don't understand just press Y and you will see what i mean.