Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading To Your Child

Maybe I'm slow lol but can't figure out how to read to my child. HELP !!

Comments

• Options
    michellecbus81michellecbus81 Posts: 107 Member
    It's never smooth. Your sim has to start reading a book first and then only then do they get the option to read to their child and they can pick which child.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I had to find a children's book on the bookshelf and put it "into the world." Then grandpa could click on it and choose to read it with his granddaughter. They didn't read very long together. I don't know if her fun was high and she got bored, or grandpa just had to go to the bathroom. But they did read together a bit.
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Thanks! I w as wondering too.
  • Options
    nightyswordnightysword Posts: 48 Member
    It's never smooth. Your sim has to start reading a book first and then only then do they get the option to read to their child and they can pick which child.

You don't have to read it first. But there are two conditions:
    - The book need be out in the world.
    - The book need to be a children book.
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2014
    I chose to purchase books (click bookcase and choose Purchase books), and deliver directly to your Sims' inventory. I clicked on the books in my inventory and had an option to Read to Child... You can only do this with children's books, and each story takes an hour. The books are really cheap, 1 Simolean.

edited for clarity.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »
    I chose to purchase books, and then they were in my inventory. I clicked on the books in my inventory and had an option to Read to Child... You can only do this with children's books, and each story takes an hour. The books are really cheap, 1 Simolean.

An hour, eh? I'll have to try it again when kid's fun is down. I think mine gave up before the hour was over.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    The interaction is so cute! And it can be performed with multiple kids. This wasn't one of the most requested features, but I am SO happy they included it. I love it! I couldn't figure it out, either, but others have already explained it.

09-04-14_5-51nbspAM_zps3bced74d.png
  • Options
    biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    Thanks because child and parent wants 3 hours of reading. Purchasing and selecting worked well.