Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Roaring Heights: Official Discussion Thread

18910111214...Next

Comments

• chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    edited July 2014
    So, are any of you moving "modern" Sims into Roaring Heights? Or are you staying with the retro 1930's (?) art deco era Sims?

I moved my ultra-modern rocker sim into town... she sticks out a lot but I don't care haha! I feel like the city is really underpopulated though.. been thinking of moving some more sims in.
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • ivoryjonesivoryjones Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm excited to try all the Sims 3 worlds, but think I might just max out my Sims 4 since it is coming out soon. I have played Sims since it first came out and fell in love! Hopefully there will be some friends added soon to my page. It is hard to find people that will interact on my page. This is sort of new to me, as I get lost in the game and forget to hit the website as much. But if you want a new friend I'm the gal.
  • MalaBromaMalaBroma Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Amazing that others don't seem to have the problems I'm experiencing... At this point, I cannot even save a lot in edit town mode after including Showtime and/or LN content. I have to force quit every time! Two Sim days into the game, Overwatch recorded 14 stationary Sims (one of them obviously an Alien!?) and 2.343 (!!!) cars which were removed. How is that even possible with 41 households? I turned off seasons, used Register for animal and immigration control, and am not using any of my own Sims or CC. I have played Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso with only occasional crashes and lags; imho RH really takes the cake!

If somebody out there has any helpful hints whatsoever, please lmk! I really like the look and vibe of this world and would love to play it with LN and Showtime lots. After all, it's supposed to be Roaring, not Boring Heights...
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    Is there any chance that the hairstyles and clothing that comes with the world is going to become available as individual items/set? :)
  • SimGuruTaterTotSimGuruTaterTot Posts: 206 SimGuru (retired)
    HopeAK wrote: »
    Is there any chance that the hairstyles and clothing that comes with the world is going to become available as individual items/set? :)

No, unfortunately that's highly unlikely.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @CandySims14 said:
    > So, are any of you moving "modern" Sims into Roaring Heights? Or are you staying with the retro 1930's (?) art deco era Sims?

I move modern sims to this town all the time. But I also still have the sim I especially created in 1920's styles specifically to fit into the setting. It works well either way. If you have Ambitions, then you can use the Stylist career to bring the rest of the inhabitants up to date (or fix those who raid your costume closet and make period-inappropriate outfits. ;) ).

My original Sims 3 couple (that's Avery, in my avatar - Riley is more camera-shy) just moved there after an extended stay in Tuscany (Monte Vista). I wound up copying my 20's era sim's make-over of the "Grand Castle" lot for them to move into, because it already had all the features I'd otherwise have to painstakingly find room for in their new home.
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    I'm glad some of you are able to play the world. My launcher won't even let me install it!
    rvbRMVD.jpg
    @AloeVista

Silly question, but is your launcher up to date?

Also, does Roaring Heights show up in your Installed Worlds folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3?
  • AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    @AloeVista<br />
    <br />
    Silly question, but is your launcher up to date?<br />
    <br />
    Also, does Roaring Heights show up in your Installed Worlds folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3?

Hey there,

Yes I'm pretty sure its up to date. I'm at game version 1.67.

And no it does not show up in my installed worlds folder =\ 'cause it always fails to install lol

rvbRMVD.jpg
  • HopeAKHopeAK Posts: 309 Member
    My game keeps freezing every 3 second after I installed Roaring Heights :( I have tried deleting unnecessary files etc. but nothing works :( can someone please help me?
  • ENYAWDENYAWD Posts: 71 Member
    The Sims 3 Roaring Heights should of been a EP, with more stuff to but still a beautiful world.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    If it won't go in , maybe Check Your own Computer specs. Maybe you have ran out of room, like Memory or something...

Good Luck.

Some times the problem is not Sims 3 game its what your computer can do/ hold...
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I have the boardwalk venue and I LOVE it!! I need to buy the whole world!!
  • carman725carman725 Posts: 5 New Member
    Please make the Classically Cool Fixer-Upper Car available for individual purchase again
    Was it ever, @carman725? The Boardwalk was a stand alone. As far as I am aware, the car was only ever included in the world - and helped make it worthwhile.
  • carman725carman725 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi @Sindocat thanks for replying. Look here at this link ht tp://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:71040&section=UpSell . It was once available for 500 simpoints, but not anymore
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    I am now a proud owner of Roaring Heights. Hip-hip-hooray!

As of now, 2021/03/20, I have 2 save files. One is a save file that features a young adult female Sim who has come to Roaring Heights with her cat as a schoolteacher. She meets up with that Simovitch guy, and now they are boyfriend/girlfriend. She finds out that he is loaded, and is determined to find a way to become his wife so that she and her future offspring will inherit the gorgeous mansion, and that the Simovitch family will have an heir. I personally like to think of him as the ancestor of Betty Simovitch. Basically, the Simovitch guy in Roaring Heights and my CAS Sim will marry, eat some apples to bear sons, let the older son inherit everything and let the younger son be the ancestor of Betty Simovitch, mother of Brandi Newbie. This will explain why Simovitch family in Riverview is just middle-class, not super-wealthy. They are not descended from the heir.

My other save file features the Capp family. I am just going to play this family according to the grand Veronaville story.
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Hoping Roaring Heights goes on sale. I've checked randomly.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    I really want roaring heights too, just the money so far
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    bumping to save this thread
  • IntegritytooIntegritytoo Posts: 6 New Member
    I've wanted it. Finally bought it during the sale (March 10). And I have not been able to download it. I'm still hoping someone in Live Chat will be able to help. (After finally finding someone who seemed to know what needed to be done, there appeared to be a problem with their "tools" and I need to check back. Wish me luck.)