Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tip: creating an island counter stove hob without using CC, & other nifty tricks.

I just figured this out and it made me so happy! Forgive me if it's common knowledge and I'm late to cotton on, but I'll share it just incase :)

I present to you, a functioning island counter stove hob without having to download CC:
9304089865_ff55478288.jpg
9304088663_a34199b9e2.jpg

It's just the Streamlined stove from Late Night merged with MO and 4 island counters and it works fine 9304087663_7359ff4417.jpg

The only problem would be that sims still use the oven part, and so the animation will be a bit funky when they use it, but if you don't mind seeing that briefly, I think it would be a great addition to any industrial kitchens people plan on building since there will be a new kitchen set in the store.

Oh and you have to match the colour of the countertops to the edges of the stove 9306873202_795e8cc53b.jpg
otherwise you'll see it flicker
9304086621_27a41fab59.jpg

Anyway, hope that's of some help. Yay for more varied kitchens! :) Feel free to share your kitchen tips too.

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2013
    Woah that looks awesome burned food and all :mrgreen: Thanks so much for sharing, I never knew this :wink:
  • Options
    alverdinedrakealverdinedrake Posts: 111 Member
    edited July 2013
    She was so excited about her new stove hob she wasn't focusing on the task at hand :P
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2013
    She was so excited about her new stove hob she wasn't focusing on the task at hand :P

lol must be, she is the only one in that world with one :mrgreen:
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member
    edited July 2013

Thank you very much alverdinedrake for your brilliant idea as I have not tried this :shock: I do have a Hints/Tips Forum for everyone, so it would be fantastic if you posted your idea there with all the Pictures :wink: If you would like to here is the Link to the last page...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/330/429264.page

Do feel free to add any more ideas there in the future :) Thanks,
    Hill
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you very much alverdinedrake for your brilliant idea as I have not tried this :shock: I do have a Hints/Tips Forum for everyone, so it would be fantastic if you posted your idea there with all the Pictures :wink: If you would like to here is the Link to the last page...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/330/429264.page

Do feel free to add any more ideas there in the future :) Thanks,
    Hill

Great thread! I have a few more ideas too, give me a sec and I'll take some new photos then report back :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    A few more tricks. These require a mod that allows you to move objects absolutely anywhere and still retain their functionality (it kind of acts as an OMSP, but the changes you make with this mod will stick, even if a downloader does not have the mod installed, so it's great for people who don't use CC or mods).
    Mod: http://virtualartisan.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/decorators-best-friend.html

Some kitchen ideas
    9304865079_72ec52fde4.jpg
    Note the wine rack fitted snug under the counter, the 'built-in' microwave, the sink flush with the countertop & the base game curtains that don't bleed through the wall anymore.

Wine rack:
    9307640896_4725bddfa8.jpg
    would normally look like this.
    Moved down 7 units with the mod (you'll have to read the instructions on the website, it's pretty simple though) it looks like this
    9307639976_4027426b9a.jpg
    It still functions & animates properly :)
    *For some reason, this change does not stick once the lot is placed into the lot bin them onto a new lot, so it's not reccommended for people who are building for others who will not have the mod installed, just a nice personal touch for those who aren't opposed to mods and want it in their own game.

Flush sink:
    9307644682_4a094778ed.jpg
    Will only work with the sink that comes with Outdoor Living Stuff - The Hydrogenator. Make the rim of the sink the same colour of the countertops, then move it down 1 unit with the mod and voila! Flush sink!
    *Changes will stick, and is useable without mod installed.

Built-in microwave:
    9304865877_75cb1de31e.jpg
    Place the microwave on the counter underneath, then use the mod to move it into position (might vary depending on microwave used)
    *Changes will stick, and is useable without mod installed unless a large appliance like a dishwasher or trash compactor is placed in the counter underneath, then it will snap back to place on the counter again.

Free standing TV in an entertainment unit:
    9304861427_46a586a93c.jpg
    9304860007_4d2eb1bdc4.jpg
    9307641616_589d32baa2.jpg
    Screenshot-16 by AlverdineD, on Flickr
    Use 'moveobjects on' and place the tv on the ground, then place the counter/dresser/whatever underneath and use the mod to raise the TV until it looks like it's sitting on the surface. Make sure none of the TVs base pokes through the counter.
    *Changes will stick, and is useable without mod installed. A games console can also be placed underneath aswell, and the option to play video games shows up on the TV so it's fine that it's hidden.
    A few TVs can be used this way including the large flatscreens, just play around with them.
    9307643154_e81ab21808.jpg

Make use of all those curtains & shutters that hardly fit any windows:
    9307646642_1c6d8f4103.jpg
    9304863029_0687925629.jpg
    *Changes will stick, and they will still hide when the walls are down.

There are plenty more tricks like this and I think they are lovely little touches that make houses feel more like homes and as I said, almost all of them will stick even for downloaders who don't have the mod installed so everybody wins :)

The only thing worth noting for builders is that it's important to upgrade to unbreakable any plumbing, appliance or electronic that is moved this way, as they can't be repaired or replaced once moved for people without the mod.

Again, I hope people find this stuff useful :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited July 2013
    Our very own Zoo U course 10 is taking place Saturday, and the Subject is Move Objects On, hosted by the very talented Taryn Tempestwind. Come over and join us and learn lots of new Moo.. Link Here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/696970.page#11081370
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    Our very own Zoo U course 10 is taking place Saturday, and the Subject is Move Objects On, hosted by the very talented Taryn Tempestwind. Come over and join us and learn lots of new Moo.. Link Here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/696970.page#11081370

Oooooh! Sounds good, I'm always looking for new MO tricks :) will definitely be taking part.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member
    edited July 2013

Thanks alverdinedrake for your great ideas :) I personally never use Mods but many do so thanks for adding them to the Hints/Tips forum.

Btw you can give your Avatar a 'Face' by uploading a sim and then on your 'Page' use that sims face as your own. Mine looks nothing like me but a friend liked her so now she is my face all the time. You can change it over and over too btw. :)
    Bye,
    Hill
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No problemo! I know many people don't like to use mods, but I think this one's really great for builders because most of the changes stick even without it. So essentially, you could build with the mod installed briefly, then uninstall it & everything would still be where you moved it to with the mod.

Thanks for the heads up, I was actually wondering how to do that the other day and even started making my simself (without knowing how to turn it into an avatar). So that was helpful indeed :)
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited July 2013
    I loved seeing your tricks! I don't use mods, either, but your home decorating is beautiful. I will try that first MOO trick, though :).
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh