Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Way To Order A Drink in Moonlight Falls at Red Velvet Lounge

I thought I saw someone else had this problem but no clue where I might have seen it or how to fix it. My Sim needs to order a drink there and it's not possible. At first there was nothing and then I put a professional juice bar but now it says no mixologist on duty.

There was a mixologist in the bar but not working I guess so I let my witch Sim freeze her and then hit her with a little fire and she politely ran away.

Comments

• cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2012
    A professional juice bar only produces juice and this type of bar does not spawn a mixologist. You have to put an actual *bar*, like the Dive Bar in order for a mixologist to spawn.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited September 2012
    A professional juice bar only produces juice and this type of bar does not spawn a mixologist. You have to put an actual *bar*, like the Dive Bar in order for a mixologist to spawn.

The Professional Bar and the Dive Bar are both ones that came with Late Night, and either one will work.

It may take a day or two for the bars to start working correctly, with a mixologist on duty and everything.
  • biglil711biglil711 Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks, I just changed the type to Dive Bar and then within a few minutes mixologist was on duty and completed the opportunity.
  • aclavoaclavo Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, it's a little odd that they did not introduce a new professional bar with SN and that all of the hangouts and lounges have non-professional bars.
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited September 2012
    biglil711 wrote:
    I thought I saw someone else had this problem but no clue where I might have seen it or how to fix it. My Sim needs to order a drink there and it's not possible. At first there was nothing and then I put a professional juice bar but now it says no mixologist on duty.

There was a mixologist in the bar but not working I guess so I let my witch Sim freeze her and then hit her with a little fire and she politely ran away.

You need Late Night for mixologist.
  • SaintIves1368SaintIves1368 Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    Ok - I realize this thread is a bit old, but I have the same opportunity to "order a drink" at the Red Velvet Lounge in Moonlight Falls. I reset the type to dive bar (as biglil711 did) and even put an actual dive bar across the street and still no mixologist is spawning after an in-game week and 4 rl days. :? I've even bounced between the two bars a few times to try to get the mixologist to show up and nothing seems to work. Yes, I do have Late Night installed if you're wondering.
    edited October 2013
    Ok - I realize this thread is a bit old, but I have the same opportunity to "order a drink" at the Red Velvet Lounge in Moonlight Falls. I reset the type to dive bar (as biglil711 did) and even put an actual dive bar across the street and still no mixologist is spawning after an in-game week and 4 rl days. :? I've even bounced between the two bars a few times to try to get the mixologist to show up and nothing seems to work. Yes, I do have Late Night installed if you're wondering.

You must put professional bar in Red Velvet first. :wink:
  • SaintIves1368SaintIves1368 Posts: 7
    edited October 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Thanks, Greeneya - I've only been playing TS3 since April and I'm still getting a feel for it. I found another post on the web that identified one of the professional bars by name and price and was quickly able to mod the lounge and install the bar. :mrgreen:
    edited October 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Thanks, Greeneya - I've only been playing TS3 since April and I'm still getting a feel for it. I found another post on the web that identified one of the professional bars by name and price and was quickly able to mod the lounge and install the bar. :mrgreen:

You can also build you own lounge, bar in the game. :)