Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The other side to Moonlight Falls...

Not sure anyone made this topic yet, apologies if it was.

Anyway, we've been seeing some awesome pictures and a cool trailer about this EP and it's very much obvious that it is centered around a world that is encompassed by night.

Hell, even the town name is "Moonlight falls". Things like candles (candle making), curses (werewolves) ghosts, moon phases, all that fun stuff - that all doesn't happen until nightfall.

So this begs the question - what about daytime? How will you play out your town while your ghosts, vampires and zombies are asleep, and your weresims are..well, just sims?

Will you plan on keeping it a sleepy, quiet mysterious town during the day, only to awaken at night? Will it be more industrialized, or more suburban with hidden secrets?

Will all of the supernaturals scurry inside once the sun rises? Will witches only be witches at night, and take up teaching jobs during the day? They have to get those apples to poison from somewhere, what better way than little children :shock:

We have no shots of the town during the day that I've seen, anyway, or how the sims will interact with one another. I wonder how werewolves will act around their neighbors and coworkers in their sim-form (assuming they only transform during a certain phase of the moon). Should make for interesting relationships :twisted:

Comments

• LizNuiqueLizNuique Posts: 3,413 Member
    edited June 2012
    Well according to the aritcle from IGN your weresims can transform at anytime but transforming back from werewolf back into a regular sim outside of night time hours is taxing on the hunger meter.
  • antsims310antsims310 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Very interesting point. I haven't thought about it until now. I think a lot of the new features do happen at night, but there are things that go on during the day. For instance, gypsies can be regular sim who make their living telling fortunes. I also hope that witches can be witches during the day and perform magic during the day as well.

But I would like to know as well...! Thanks for bring this up! :D
    edited June 2012
    Someone has to ask this question on Twitter tomorrow XDD think its #TheSimsSupernatural
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2012
    LizNuique wrote:
    Well according to the aritcle from IGN your weresims can transform at anytime but transforming back from werewolf back into a regular sim outside of night time hours is taxing on the hunger meter.

Thanks for the info, I wonder if they'll ever transform automatically or if we the players have to do it.
    antsims310 wrote:
    Very interesting point. I haven't thought about it until now. I think a lot of the new features do happen at night, but there are things that go on during the day. For instance, gypsies can be regular sim who make their living telling fortunes. I also hope that witches can be witches during the day and perform magic during the day as well.

But I would like to know as well...! Thanks for bring this up! :D

No problem. I was thinking this after looking at all the nighttime pictures and wondering how all of this will play out during the day. I plan on playing my first sim as a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :mrgreen:
  • PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    edited June 2012
    Quiet town during the day much like the supernatural fiction books I've been reading. My werewolves will especially try to hide their secret from neighbors, but the town I'm building has different sections for each supernatural, but the one the humans are most afraid of is the fairy part. I think I'd like the good witches to try and blend in as much as possible and the eviler ones to play tricks on their neighbors and test the patience of the good witches to get them to use magic in front of the normal sims. Zombies will dwell near the graveyard and junkyard preying on the large brains of inventor sims looking for scrap during the day.
  • PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited June 2012
    Pahpay wrote:
    Quiet town during the day much like the supernatural fiction books I've been reading. My werewolves will especially try to hide their secret from neighbors, but the town I'm building has different sections for each supernatural, but the one the humans are most afraid of is the fairy part. I think I'd like the good witches to try and blend in as much as possible and the eviler ones to play tricks on their neighbors and test the patience of the good witches to get them to use magic in front of the normal sims. Zombies will dwell near the graveyard and junkyard preying on the large brains of inventor sims looking for scrap during the day.

I really like the idea of subsections. It'll especially make for a great story during the day, when most return to natural sim form (or sleep) and then at night everything "comes alive" :twisted:
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited June 2012
    I am going to make two vampire brothers who are in love with one ordinary girl who's bff is a witch that is dating with her brother. Her other friend is newly turned vampire who is trying to adapt to new life and her boyfriend is a werewolf, but that is very dark secret in their family and no one is aware of that except them.
    I will probably make one fairy and a zombie just to spice things up, but it will be interesting to see how will they all keep secrets during the day and why is no one on the streets at night... ;)
  • JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 2012
    While my lovelies are asleep I will be sipping my tea waiting for them to wake.
    edited June 2012
    but it will be interesting to see how will they all keep secrets during the day and why is no one on the streets at night... ;)

You'd only be out at night if you were "the kid in town" and you didn't know about the dangers that lurk around every corner XDD
  • thedogloverthedoglover Posts: 582 New Member
    edited June 2012
    While my lovelies are asleep I will be sipping my tea waiting for them to wake.
    How fancy. I'll be the one with a cup of iced tea in my hand like a sir.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited June 2012
    The ordinary girl is now a vampire
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited June 2012
    Wonderful idea psych. I was thinking about having it all out in the open but I love the idea of having a thin layer of normalcy during the day and then at night all h*ll breaks loose.

It fits perfectly with my current plan to have a haunted house. That's the least of the new tenant's problems though. Are they really all alone?

Late at night when the ghosts aren't causing a ruckus they can hear the scratching of claws the clattering of teeth. Strange eerie sounds in the night like voices singing...

Of course they'll hire a "medium" to come and sort things out but will she be bale to tame the house or will they all be consumed by its mysteries?

*MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA HA HA*

*chokes* *cough cough* Ahem! Not again.

I mean :twisted:
    edited June 2012
    n00biityo wrote:
    Wonderful idea psych. I was thinking about having it all out in the open but I love the idea of having a thin layer of normalcy during the day and then at night all h*ll breaks loose.

It fits perfectly with my current plan to have a haunted house. That's the least of the new tenant's problems though. Are they really all alone?

Late at night when the ghosts aren't causing a ruckus they can hear the scratching of claws the clattering of teeth. Strange eerie sounds in the night like voices singing...

Of course they'll hire a "medium" to come and sort things out but will she be bale to tame the house or will they all be consumed by its mysteries?

*MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA HA HA*

*chokes* *cough cough* Ahem! Not again.

I mean :twisted:

Creepy and mysterious with a haunted house....me like :twisted:
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2012
    Good questions and hopefully some of them will be answered tomorrow.