Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Uploaded Sim... was there, then disappeared?

I haven't played the game or visited the website in almost a year. I got a hankering to play again, so loaded the game on another computer. Went online to download my fave sim that I uploaded about a year ago, and she was gone! She's my avatar, so she was definitely there at one point.

I went back to the game I originally had installed, thinking I'd just upload her again. But she's gone from the game too!! She was a saved sim so I could always use her, but she's just gone! Her sim file is still showing up in my downloads file (I've downloaded her from the site before)so what's going on?

She shows up in my launcher as downloaded, but not uploaded. When I try to install her again, it says already installed. Anyone ahve any ideas?? I want to use her again!! :(

Comments

• MelReduxMelRedux Posts: 54 Member
    edited June 2010
    Bump for help?
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited June 2010
    They delete content from the exchange monthly. If you have content you do not want to loose you should keep a back up of it off your PC, in a DVD or flash/Thunb drive.

No clue what is going on in your game, look in the low left side of Cas, where they are saved & re-create her.

Before you start the game delete the cache files, to force it to show.
    Found in: Documents/Electronic Arts/ Sims 3 folder
    CASPartCache.package
    CompositorCache.package
    ScriptCache.package
    SimCompositorCache.package

edited June 2010
    Thanks for the help. I didn't know they delete things off the exchange....doh!

When you say "delete the cache files, to force it to show", what is "it"? What are you referring to that will show?
  • IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited June 2010
    MelRedux wrote:

When you say "delete the cache files, to force it to show", what is "it"? What are you referring to that will show?

If this missing sim is still in the game, when you delete the files I told you to, it will make her appear in cas. If she does not show after doing that, it somehow became corrupt, all you can do is uninstall her from the launcher & & create a new one.
    edited June 2010
    MelRedux wrote:

If this missing sim is still in the game, when you delete the files I told you to, it will make her appear in cas. If she does not show after doing that, it somehow became corrupt, all you can do is uninstall her from the launcher & & create a new one.

Ok, got it. Thanks for your help!!