Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expelled teens need to be able to reenroll !!

Ok I just saw that in the patch notes.
« Teens that get expelled from high school will no longer be able to reenroll ».

I think they missed the point completely…..we just want to be able to reenroll our teens without them getting expelled again at the end of every school day!!

You see, several of my sims got expelled from High School when I wasn’t even playing them. I have no idea what they did, and I didn’t want them expelled. They kept being expelled at the end of every school day every time they reenrolled, but at least they could reenroll. Now you’re telling me they’re gonna be stuck like this forever ?? I play with aging off.

No, please just make the “three strikes thingy” reset when sims reenroll. I bought HSY to be able to use it.

Comments

• Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 711 Member
    I have been confused about what has been happening with all this. I was too confused to hope for anything, but this doesn't sound good.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Wow I haven't experienced this but I certainly do not want my teens to get expelled when I am not playing them. Maybe there is a cheat where we can remove the "expelled" trait or something.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don't think this is good idea with the bug of sims getting expelled left and right for no good reasons as player you should be able to correct it if game messes up stuff like that

also I thought it totally makes sense that if sim is expelled you can try again and start over without getting immediately expelled for your past mistakes

sure it could be little harder like starting less that mediocre grade but it shouldn't be completely impossible gosh what a cruel world

imagine you prank toilet once and now you are forever expelled

what is this? hunger games?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    Yeah this does seem a bit ridiculous. I’ve not had my unplayed teens get expelled. But if someone gets expelled from school in real life they do usually get a chance to enrol at another school. I have a mod that would enable my teens to enrol in virtual school, but not everyone wants to use mods, or can’t use them at all if they’re on console.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited May 2023
    The Team caught the wrong point-- they tried to turn Principal Mei into an irrational authoritarian >:)
    Such a brief patch makes me suspect whether they understand the request from players.
    I will follow up on the answer HQ
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I tried that, your sims can reenroll but will be automatically expelled at the end of the school day :(
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Wow I haven't experienced this but I certainly do not want my teens to get expelled when I am not playing them. Maybe there is a cheat where we can remove the "expelled" trait or something.

There is still no change! If you play with aging off and your sim gets expelled they’re stuck that way.
    Would it be too much to ask to give us an option to reenroll our sims in High School if we want to ? Like the cheat that removes the “expelled from high school” trait, make it work permanently.

I’m getting desperate here.
  • MejraTheaMejraThea Posts: 16 Member
    This is a good one, big oversight.
    Yes, I agree. It’s not fair at all. IRL you’d get expelled for maybe a few days, then forever , and you can at least enroll in another school.
    MejraThea wrote: »
    This is a good one, big oversight.

New patch, still not fixed. I have sims that got expelled when I wasn’t even playing them. It’s THAT easy to get expelled. And yet there’s still no way to reenroll, not even a cheat. I play with aging off, so my sims are basically stuck out of high school. Please add an option to reenroll.
    Still not on the laundry list.

I know it’s not a bug per se, but it is a problem imho, because if you play with aging off like me, your teen sims are permanently stuck out of school basically.
    And it is way too easy to get expelled. I suspect If you have a teen with a high mischief skill it might be worse because they’ll tend to to stuff that can get them expelled on their own.

The other day my teen came back from school, with a notification saying he was expelled. I had not been following him to school, so I had not idea what he had done, and I did nothing to get him expelled. His grades were bad, though.

Even a simple cheat would be nice.

Think of it, in TS4 you can literarily bring sims back to life but not re-enroll in High School!

It makes me sad because I like HSY!
    Please, please, please, pleaaaaaaaaase fix it ! Just add an option to reenroll. Even if it involves bribing the principal.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Ok I just saw that in the patch notes.
    « Teens that get expelled from high school will no longer be able to reenroll ».

I think they missed the point completely…..we just want to be able to reenroll our teens without them getting expelled again at the end of every school day!!

You see, several of my sims got expelled from High School when I wasn’t even playing them. I have no idea what they did, and I didn’t want them expelled. They kept being expelled at the end of every school day every time they reenrolled, but at least they could reenroll. Now you’re telling me they’re gonna be stuck like this forever ?? I play with aging off.

No, please just make the “three strikes thingy” reset when sims reenroll. I bought HSY to be able to use it.
    But they will still be invited to prom for some reason, it really makes a lot of sense.

Still not fixed. Please just add an option to reenroll, I beg you!