Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 lack of utilities and other household stuff

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
Water, gas and electricty meters, fuse box, propane/gas cylinders, air conditioner units, garden faucets, water boilers/heaters...

Can EA please release some stuff as free update? Seriously The Sims 4 needs some utility stuff but as free update, not as kit!

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2023
    If you are on a PC/Mac, are open to using mods, and you'd rather not grow old waiting for EA, you might be interested in this cc pack.

Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    If you are on a PC/Mac, are open to using mods, and you'd rather not grow old waiting for EA, you might be interested in this cc pack.

I'm the one who contributed with SixamCC with ideas for that pack. I'm glad for the PC fans, but what about the console players?
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I want them as well and would prefer them in a kit so I won’t need to hunt for them in the catalogue. I can just filter for kits.

If they come in larger packs, they will probably be in different packs so they’ll be harder to find. I don’t care if they are non-functional.
    Mak27 wrote: »

I'm the one who contributed with SixamCC with ideas for that pack. I'm glad for the PC fans, but what about the console players?

If you provided the ideas for that pack, I thank you. The pieces are well made and exactly what the doctor ordered :) That's why I shared the information, in case others are interested as well.

Unfortunately, console players are dependent on whatever EA decides to offer. They may have to wait a while longer still. The recent basement kit contains none of the mechanicals that one would expect to find in a basement. :|
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

If you provided the ideas for that pack, I thank you. The pieces are well made and exactly what the doctor ordered :) That's why I shared the information, in case others are interested as well.

Unfortunately, console players are dependent on whatever EA decides to offer. They may have to wait a while longer still. The recent basement kit contains none of the mechanicals that one would expect to find in a basement. :|

You're welcome :) lack of utilities stuff always trigger me with The Sims series so thanks to SixamCC to craft these items. I will contribute with new ideas and concepts

But yes. Console players need some love. More like Kits, Deliver Express free update can work. If those are only decorative. Water heaters and air conditioner units, could be included as update for Seasons or Eco Lifestyle
    edited May 2023
    IIRC, the only thing that EA has ever offered in that vein is a thermostat and the circuit box in apartments. I would have liked to see more of that, all of the types of things that you listed, old fashioned as well as new. The basement kit is such a missed opportunity.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I would really like if they made the old fashioned radiator work like the patio heaters and allow sims to warm their spaces with them. Also, fans that actually cool during heat waves. Don't really care for more deco stuff with no functionality. If they add water heaters then maybe they could give also some new more modern looking radiators. The space heater is nice but it catches fire, so I would rather add radiators to my sims' houses. Don't like using the thermostat because it removes those it's hot and it's cold moodlets and animations.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2023

Thanks for giving a link to this great mod. 😊

Plug sockets and piping. That’s what we need!

I’m really surprised that the basement kit didn’t have some sockets, piping, vents and meters etc.

I wouldn’t have expected them to be functional but for visual story telling it’s needed.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    There's pipes in City Living and iirc the Loft kit, and there's some AC units/vents in base game?