Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modder's Appreciation Thread

Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
edited March 2023 in General Mods Discussion
as a member of the Deaderpool discord server, seeing the announcement in regards to the harassment the server staff went through broke my heart. so I wanted to make this thread as a way to lift the spirits of both them and other modders in our community. not only did these circumstances affected their morale, but it also affects those like myself who abide by their terms in a respectful way. Harassment is not and never is OK. so in this downtime, take a moment for those who make the very mods we use on a daily basis, we know without them, the sims as we know it wouldn't be how we see it today. what they do we take for granted, and I in turn, respect their decision so that they can return with clear minds.

Thank You Modder's, have a cookie for everything you've done for our community!

Edit: Feel free to post your thanks here. just keep it respectful.

087d17eb-500e-4b26-abd1-4f9ffa96a2c6.jpg
CJcvgXD.png
Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I agree with you. I just wish people would understand how hard they work. I think the infant patch broke just about everything. Simmers must realize that this time it will take much longer to fix, they will have to try and be patient. Thank you to all modders, you guys are AweSim <3
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    This negativity towards modders and those supporting them and this community remind me so much of what the devs go through all the time. There's always going to be disrespectful people causing issues or feeling entitled SMH. Anyone providing a service is forced to deal with them and that's just how it is. I'm sure rude behavior is part of the reason we've lost great talent in the community along the course of the sims 4.

Thankfully the majority of simmers have been extremely grateful, respectful, kind and patient. We are so thankful for the work fellow simmers have poured into this game. Everyone needs a break now and again, so to anyone feeling overwhelmed or underappreciated please take that time for yourself.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    A wholehearted, sincere "thank you" to all the wonderful modders out there and the support staff at Deaderpool's Discord. Ya'll are awesome and it's too bad that some bad people out there are spoiling things for everyone.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I heard about the harassment and was appalled that there are people who think this is okay. To those people I just want to say you should be deeply ashamed of your terrible behavior. Modders don't work for you and they owe you nothing. Now you're responsible for them cutting off communication which they have every right to do. Check yourself and do better.

To all of the incredibly talented and hard working modders, thank you for everything you do for our community. I have always loved and appreciated the amazing mods that all of you have created throughout the Sims franchise and you have done so much to enhance gameplay enjoyment and have allowed me to personalize my weird game to my liking for so many years. And while I've been playing vanilla for a few years now, I've continued to contribute to some Patreons like Deaderpool because I knew that I would be playing with mods again as we near the end of Sims 4's cycle and I wanted to continue to support the efforts of what must be a frustrating endeavor, due to so many updates. So truly and deeply, you are all appreciated. ❤️

This recent patch and pack had me quite interested in seeking out mods so I could finally update my game from the Werewolf patch, but then I read about the harassment and so I will wait patiently, as long as is necessary, until our lovely modders are ready to update, if they so choose. No pressure, no expectations, just hopeful gratitude.
    #Team Occult