Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s tone down the anger of Sims?

Someone told me this is anger from unfulfilled goals. Ironically, it’s making my own sim playing unfulfilled, too. *eye roll*

I updated my game one day and now my sims are always angry. It’s annoying. I’ve turned off aging to help them get married while they’re still YA and I can’t get them to make friends or find love because of their constant anger (turned off aging for this MONTHS ago). It’s made playing the game unbearable. My sims are siblings and they HATE each other for no reason. I changed their traits to positives ones and they still fight and argue with each other and with neighborhood sims. It’s impossible to make relationships with them. WHY???? I really don’t want to work this hard just to make them find love. I even moved in two sims with complimentary traits and my sims argue with them and I can’t get them to romance. My game play is literally stopped because of this feature. What gives??? Make it easier to play and enjoy this game, please. I’m a casual player, and you’re making it harder to play with my family. Make it easier. This is a second gen family and I don’t want to start over.

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    It's a bug or tuning issue that came with fears. They claimed was addressed with the last patch, but lots of players say it's still happening. As soon as my mom and daughter Sim started fighting for no reason all the time I went to the forums to see if other people were seeing it. Then I quit playing them. I've only been building and am waiting until it's confirmed the problem is solved.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    If you are open to a little light cheating, try this: Both the sims you want to socialize must declare the same weather preference, then spam "talk about the weather". It works wonders even for enemies. I don't know how bad the bug that makes all sims mean is, but maybe this trick can alleviate the impact a little.

Another consideration is that embarassed and tense (maybe also angry, I'm only sure about the two others) moodlets from bad conversations cause socializing to fail even when embarassed or tense is not the dominant emotion. My sims can be focused, but as long as they have yellow or orange buried somewhere, it's hopeless.

Signed, the owner of a very irritable sim teen that is constantly arguing without being in any mean phase, and with no bad trait or bad sentiment. (It's only this one sim and my game version is still from before the bug. I don't get that kid.)
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    I actually don’t notice most of my sims get that angry, I did create a sim and I didn’t even give her the hot headed trait but I did give her high Maintenace and she literally was the funniest sim I ever created,

I didn’t intend to make her a jerk, I just intended for her to like things a certain way, I also made her have liked and dislikes randomly, it really created a personality for her, her name was Shannon Boye.

And I had her live with roommates and after a bout a month In sim days they all avoided her like the plague. I had never seen anything like it, if she would stomp into a room they would all scatter. She hated the color green and one morning she got up and went into the bathroom which the toilet is green and she freaked out and it sent her into a Tyrade of anger the rest of the day, another day she went to work and broke a nail and it ruined the rest of her day and she came home and yelled at everybody.

It was wierd because she would get nightmares all the time. And to be honest I never had a sim who even had nightmares until her, and she had quite a few, she would wake up disturbed by a bad dream she had, and I think this effected her mood in a negative way, she was definitely always looking for a reason to be upset or mad, and even though she could be exhausting and I know other sims couldn’t stand her or were afraid of her, her rich personality made me adore her.

And no I don’t agree, if anything the creators need to Amp up the personalities and emotions, not tone it down. I feel like sometimes this game lacks the emotional behavior across the board, and we players have been begging for more personality so the last thing I think we should be asking is if they should tone any emotion or personality down.

There was an anger bug that effected many peoples games and I would get it, if all sims were just angry all the time, but that’s been fixed and I hope they don’t tone down any of the traits or emotional behavior or buffs, we need more of it in my opinion. But I will say in the last year they have amped it up a bit and it’s got better within the last year I would say.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    If all else fails you can use the MCCC mod, go into the mod menu item in game, and choose sim cheats then mood ans buff control and then either remove all buffs, or look into the buffs to select the angry ones for removal but that takes time to scroll through so many buffs.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    I don’t think I ever had the angry sim bug but I do feel that the wants and fears can kinda lead to a cycle of depression for them. And also the hurt sentiments that they get sometimes just from teenage phases or whatever can take a long time to fix. And getting sad when the cat runs away for no good reason. And tense from the fear of dead end job even though it’s just part time 2 hours at Starbucks.

Sometimes it seems like they are destined to be miserable which is kinda annoying when they’re at a festival or on vacation and supposed to be happy go lucky sims 😂
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    It's a bug or tuning issue that came with fears. They claimed was addressed with the last patch, but lots of players say it's still happening. As soon as my mom and daughter Sim started fighting for no reason all the time I went to the forums to see if other people were seeing it. Then I quit playing them. I've only been building and am waiting until it's confirmed the problem is solved.

Then you're in for a long wait. I don't think they're going to be fixing it any time soon, if at all.

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Then you're in for a long wait. I don't think they're going to be fixing it any time soon, if at all.

Very likely. I backed up my save and am continuing with a new one because I decided I wanted to actually play. We'll see how that goes.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01