Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2023

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

@Belalucina , join the fun :)
    you may want to post around a forum a bit to get few more posts, to be a full member and post pictures and/or links :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    > @Ellupelluellu said:
    > @Belalucina , join the fun :)
    > you may want to post around a forum a bit to get few more posts, to be a full member and post pictures and/or links :)

Thanks for the tip! Once I can do that I can share my sim.
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    Belalucina wrote: »
    > @Ellupelluellu said:
    > @Belalucina , join the fun :)
    > you may want to post around a forum a bit to get few more posts, to be a full member and post pictures and/or links :)

Thanks for the tip! Once I can do that I can share my sim.

You will be full member in no time , cant wait to see your sim!! :)

• Options
    SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Hahaha Bryon still is existing in another save of mine but I'm too busy with my other saves to complete the entire Bryon story. Someday... Give it a few more years😂
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Belalucina

We look forward to welcoming your Sim to the party!
  • Options
    @permanentrose

Amelia's house would still be in a miserable state if I hadn't gotten so lucky with Simmis! Flora's doing pretty well for herself given how we're only three days into the challenge, but yeah! Amelia's actually shown up very briefly in my Legacy Challenge before, in one of the Bachelor episodes. She was a child then.

@Ellupelluellu

Yes, the luxurious mansion where your shower is right next to your bed and toilet both. :lol:
  • Options
    Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Jan 3

This day ended weird in my opinion.. to many random things.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2023
    @SoulGal7
    Dante isn't the "Trendi" type yet. I'm hoping I can complete all the Copperdale Aspirations within the three month period he is a teenager. I've set it up that Jan he is a Sophomore, Feb he is a Junior, and Mar he will finish high school as a Senior. Feb and Mar, he will have to complete other Aspirations first before finishing the other high school Aspirations. I just wanted to make sure he completed at least one this month. Hopefully more. We will see how it goes. I haven't decided where to go yet for next month. I will say it will be where one of his bae's will be. But need to see which one interests me most.

@lilypadmeulin
    Yeah, it is a gamble on the machines. Was trying to make a funny about Amelia building them muscles. :lol:

@Ellupelluellu
    His home base is the penthouse, but he'll be working on building something on an empty lot in Copperdale. Just like some folks use benches outside to sleep on and go to bars for free chips and the such, that is how it will work in the penthouse for Dante. He lives on the empty lot in Copperdale (I showed off the lot in my January 3 daily image under "Bonus Images"). But I have him travel to the Nightclub+Penthouse (Community Lot) quite often.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Babs,
    day4
    Cj6KmZy.png
    8lM19BT.png
    JtyEbLS.png
    time to be good and do that schooö thing too..
    vxlRykR.png
    breakfast
    CPaDvsT.png
    cannot fish anymore
    qdcIL4A.png
    aww <3
    q9Gv2I9.png

YERNF98.png
    rest of the day.

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2023
    @lilypadmeulin - Jan. 3
    Amelia and the struggle with the vending machines. lol A Gold Medieval Grim. Cool! Let's hope that isn't a foreshadowing of something to come! Eek! Oh gosh, Amelia is living in pure luxury...bed, fridge, toilet and shower...and...let's not forget that she has walls! Um...is she looking for roomies? lol

@Carebear92 - Jan 2 & 3
    I like Riley's choice of furniture...a beach towel. That's creative because I forgot you can sleep on those. Great stuff! Oh, and he got a part-time job. That is good and one of the best simoleons of the part-time jobs.

Jan 3 - Oh bad luck with that vending machine. It ate his hard earned simoleons! Sheesh! Oh yeah, I can see that...a sim with an old pick-up truck selling off some old furniture...like please take these decrepit...er...treasured items. lol So, a bed, tub and fridge...sounds good. And yep, expanding that little concrete slab sounds like a good plan.

@Ellupelluellu - Jan 4
    What a face Babs is making. She doesn't look happy that the river is frozen over and she can't fish anymore. Oh gosh! But I see that she is back to playing piano for tips in the bar. You'll be fine, Babs! :)

@Skeilah - waving! Say hi to Bryon from all of us! We miss him :)

@Belalucina - Welcome and hope you join the challenge. Lots of fun and craziness here! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Tasks completed:

Extreme Sports Enthusiast: Level One: Snow Student

- Use a Vending Machine or Computer to Purchase a Remedy or Deterrent

Teen Drama Llama: Level One; Hot Gossip

- Spread a Rumor
    - Gossip 5 Times

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

January 4 - Week 1 - Wednesday - Home Sweet Home

jogging-in-the-neighborhood.png
    After having a good night's rest at the Onsen, Elfie was ready to tackle the day. He returned to his lot and decided to jog around the neighborhood. On his jog, he actually passed a small house with a "For Rent" sign on it. He wrote down the number and would call later today once he received the simoleons for his autographs. He was super excited!

He headed off to high school, and he met some more classmates. He came home and then headed off to Drama Club. When he returned, he walked down to the waterfall area and found more upgrade parts and then decided to study for his exams, which were on Friday.

STUDYING-FOR-EXAMS.png

While he was there, he figured he might as well do his homework, too. But, some of the night creatures had other plans, and while he was sitting there, some bats attacked him! Eeek!

ELFE-DOING-HIS-HOMEWORK-ANDF-ATTACKED-BY-BATS.png

He was super glad that he got a call from Kiyoshi to go sledding with him on the slopes, and they met at the main square and took the shuttle up together.

meeting-kiyoshi-on-the-bunny-hill.png

elfie-and-kiyoshi-sledding.png

elfie-and-kiyoshi-sled-together-day-1.png

that-didnt-go-too-well.png

Well, Elfie had fun and afterwards he and Kiyoshi snapped a photo together. Elfie looked at the photo later and wondered if Kiyoshi was a secret goofball.

kiyoshi-secret-goofhall-mon.png

Kiyoshi thought that Elfie was a great guy and wondered if he wanted to be his best buddy. Absolutely!

kiyoshi-bff.png

Kiyoshi asked Elfie if he wanted to go snowboarding on the "big hill", but Elfie told Kiyoshi about the autographs and the little house he had seen for rent, and how he was anxiously awaiting the call. Kiyoshi understood and told Elfie to give him a call later. They bid each other goodbye and Kiyoshi headed off.

The call came just after that, and the appraiser told Elfie that the buyer wanted to purchase all 3 of the Brytani Cho autographs at $600 simoleons each. Elfie thought that was a lot of simoleons, and agreed, He was now $1,800 simoleons richer. Woot!

DETERRENT-PURCHASE.png

He called the agent for the rental house he had seen, and Elfie was able to rent it for a month for $1,703 simoleons, plus utilities. With the $97 simoleons he had left, Elfie headed over to the vending machines in front of the gondola area, and purchased a bug deterrent for $20 simoleons. Maybe this would help him ward off bats the next time he was down by the waterfall area. He now had $77 simoleons left.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elfie was excited to move into his new place and took the shuttle back. He arrived at the lot, and there it was...home sweet home.

elfies-house-front.png

He went inside, and there wasn't much there, but it did have a bed and a cooler, and there was a shower/toilet outhouse behind the house. What more could he want?

elfie-house-inside.png

elfie-house-back.png

other-side-of-lot-house.png

He remembered the parsley and chrysanthemum he had planted at his old lot, and went over and carefully dug them up. He then replanted them in the little garden out back.

planting-some-parsley.png

Elfie was feeling a bit tired as he still wasn't on his Elf Diet, and decided to take a little sleep. He woke up later to a knock on the door, and it was Kaori coming for a visit. She had heard from Kiyoshi that he had moved.

On his way to open the door, he glanced at himself in the mirror, and horror of horrors, he had broken out! Oh no! How could this have happened?

elfie-puberty-weds.png

Elfie greeted Kaori in his pjs and invited her in. He gave her a quick tour, and then they sat down and did homework together. Elfie had never finished it earlier, as those bats kind of distracted him from his work. They chatted as they studied and Kaori didn't even mention anything about his acne outbreak. He was so thankful for that. They finished up and Kaori bid Elfie good night.

doing-homework-together-and-he-has-broken-out-with-acne.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

This is the starter house that I built. It is really a "bare bones" build. Lots of debug plants and decorations. Debug "used" bed from Eco Lifestyle, cooler from Outdoor Retreat, and debug toilet/shower outhouse from Jungle Adventure. I could have built a house out of roof pieces for about the same cost, but wanted to build a house with actual walls this time. As Elfie gets more simoleons, he will upgrade the house. It is off-the-grid, and all the lights are debug lights from Snowy Escape. It is on the same lot as before. The Japanese roof style took the longest and gave me the most trouble, I thought it looked pretty good when I was finally finished.

asian-starter-under-2k.png
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 4

1ihbOeH.jpg
    Kiyoshi had told her about some nice spots to try rock climbing. It didn't come easily, but Flora was determined.
    HYCtkxB.png

He also introduced her to his girlfriend, Kaori, who quickly bonded with her. (Don't mind Flora's face, she's tense from the thundersnow) Upon hearing that Flora didn't really have any possessions, Kaori told her she had several bags of clothes she was planning to donate and invited Flora over to see if anything fit her.
    OrsVvNb.png

After picking out some much needed clothes, Kaori invited Flora to stay for a bit and enjoy the comforts of home.
    9Y156Ov.png

Honestly I can't remember what made her so angry here :D
    ul9hDK0.png

The next day, she asked Kiyoshi if he wanted to go rock climbing with her. With the recent death of his father, he was grateful for a distraction. 
    087cvwK.jpg

Flora still had a lot to learn, but with persistence, she felt like she could definitely master this.
    G2faVEP.png

After Kiyoshi went home, she decided to hike around a bit since it was a gorgeous, clear night, but as she enjoyed the scenic views and the quietness of the trails, she certainly wasn't alone.
    tnmqQxM.png
    QyaXGjV.png

Feeling dazed, Flora decided to lay down until she felt a little more steady on her feet.
    FSv2VL7.png

She wasn't sure if what happened next was real, or just her hazy mind playing tricks on her.
    iQhyBws.png
    ZOxrFMd.png
    5cNHPx8.png

Either way, it was definitely time to get some sleep.
    bhgmXXq.png

That night, she had strange dreams of a place that felt so familiar, but when she woke, she could no longer place it.
    v4lU08R.jpg

Challenge Sims Spottings
    Pretty sure that's Babs hiding under that large hat haha.
    ZKvTnAL.png

Flora's Wardrobe Update
    I uploaded her with basically the same outfit for all her outfit categories, so if anyone felt inclined to change any of her outfits, here's what they look like now, honestly don't worry about it if you don't want to bother though. There may be a couple CC items scattered in there as well, but it's inspiration at least if you wanted to give her some variety in her wardrobe haha.
    wtttA4R.png

--

Just realized I stayed up way later than I intended and it's already past midnight so I may as well post :D
  • Options
    January 3rd Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Hope Babs caught a lot of fish before the lake froze over. I was able to finally fish with Dante in the winter. I was shocked. Will be in a future daily image chapter.

@SoulGal7
    Gemma looks like she is wondering why he is hunched over on the ground rather than amused he's taking a nap right there. :lol: Aww, that was sweet of Kaori to ask Elfie to the prom.

@permanentrose
    Makes me wonder if Flora wrote down about remembering her past on one of the cards on the wishing tree. Wait! Is that Naoki who caught on fire and burned to death? Dang. Hopefully Flora can be a shoulder for Kiyoshi since she trusted him enough so far and slept over. Woot woot! Amelia and Elfie sightings!

@lilypadmeulin
    A bed. A place to store food. A place to go to the bathroom. A place to shower. Amelia's got her essentials. That's a big positive. She should be proud. Looks like she might have broken Jenny's Curse. We can hope.

@Carebear92
    Glad Riley was able to find some fun in the winter sports. And his place of stay seems like it might be just a tad bit more comfortable. Not by much, though. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Fall
    toilet-prank.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    January 4: A Prank and a Shameful Bag

Dante experiences his first day in high school as a sophomore. He finds out he’ll have to attend three years of learning. Not happy hearing this news, he decides to get revenge by pulling a prank in the boys bathroom.

Dante also has his first crush from another student wearing a paper bag over his head. For some reason this brings out the romance in Dante. Is it not seeing his face while looking at the rest of his body? Dante doesn’t know.

Bonus Images
    meeting-principal.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Meeting the school Principal!

math-class.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Time drags on learning mathematics!

titillating-banter.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    Cozy smiles and flirtatious jokes have set the tone for Romance!

Achievements
    Aspiration:
    • Live Fast (troublemaker) – Pull a Prank 3 Times (1/3)

Skills:
    • Comedy (1/10)
    • Logic (1/10)
    • Photography (1/5)
    • Video Gaming (1/10)

100 Bae Challenge
    bae-001-jeb-harris.jpg?w=820&ssl=1
    1. Jeb Harris

Notes
    1. To complete the 100 Bae Challenge, or to attempt to, Dante will be bisexual and have romantic interests in both male and female genders.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    I've finished catching up on all your stories, this will be fun doing this challenge with you all. I should be a full member once my account is 24hrs old.

@Ellupelluellu , I love that you chose to use one of the premade sims; I love playing the premades, and so you inspired me to also pick a premade to play. I'll be playing as June Kay, can't wait to share her with you all. I've never played her before, so it should be fun.

I want to download all your Sims and put them in my game so June can be friends with them, would that be weird? Is anyone else doing that?
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    @Belalucina ,
    thanks :p I played Babs once for a long save, so Its now very nostalgic to play her again. June is great choice too! :p

oh, not weir at all, or if it is, we all are weird :D I have challenge sims from all 3 years in my game :P

@LegacySims2017 ,
    okay, sorry my dummy guestions, but I was not sure :) Dante seem to have good start in school :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    yay, elfie is having a bed finally! Great lookinglil house!! haha, puberty, poor Elfie :D

@permanentrose ,
    nice that she is making friens... oooh realm.. interesting, cant wait to see what you are coming up with that :) ohyes, that hat belongs to Babs okay :D

• Options
    edited January 2023
    When I post my link I'm going to start updating progress with skills and his aspirations.
    Yesterday Jan 3 he completed the first tier of Extreme Sports Enthusiast: Snow Student. His skills consist of level 3 Fitness, level 2 Gardening, level 1 Photography, level 1 Snowboarding.
  • Options
    Jan 4
    House update
    h91JcYP.png
    Skills
    Charisma: 1
  • Options
    @Carebear92 , great about the house, even small shelter is great help :)

• Options
    edited January 2023
    January 4th - Amelia Whitmore

12-08-22_11-51-16_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Dear Diary,

Well, I moved my stuff into the tiny shack I found, and it’s...well, drab and dreary. It actually belongs to my neighbours, and they’re kind of my landlords now. I explained it’s kind of like this camping challenge, and that I’m happy to fix it up, but that they can’t really help me. They were really concerned right up until I mentioned the whole Legacy thing, and how I’m doing what Nanny Nia did, and then they were really enthusiastic. Apparently, they’re Legacy descendants too, and they told me all about how when Mt. Komorebi wasn’t as populated, their relative made this his home, and his family are part of what made it thrive. Their living relatives actually own the hot springs! We really got chatting, but the long and the short of it is that I’m living here, and they’ll let me fix the place up! They’re decent, honestly. I think Mom would probably worry, but it’s like Gran used to say – look for the good, and you’ll find it even in the darkest of places.

Amelia was once again doing her homework on the picnic table in the cold and dark. Sorry, Amelia.

12-08-22_11-49-41_AM.png?width=730&height=584

In good news, the house had a MAJOR update - we have two separate rooms now! A proper little bathroom, even. I'm happily surprised!

12-09-22_10-38-52_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Amelia also had the money to get some food from the nearby stand as a bit of a treat. I think she's becoming good friends with the guy there.

12-09-22_10-36-29_AM.png?width=730&height=584

Unfortunately, her wealth came with the usual price. Yep, Jenny's curse struck HARD.

12-09-22_10-39-59_AM.png?width=730&height=584

And so, with bruises and bumps, I finally let her rest. Yes, I feel pretty horrible about it all too, but her needs would be twice as drained with a job.

12-09-22_10-42-46_AM.png?width=730&height=584

I'll be back to reply to comments later, as I'm battling a cold myself and feeling pretty drained. If I don't reply very quickly, that's why!
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin , rest and stay warm :) game and comments wait <3

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu

Thank you! Both me and my partner caught this cold, so we're both feeling pretty sorry for ourselves.
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin , aww, sorry to hear. Then, both rest and drink something warm :) you will get better :)

• Options
    Hi All!

Just to let everyone know, I will probably not be posting for awhile after Friday as I will be travelling. My Dad is quite ill in the hospital and I will be spending time with him. Depending on the situation, I may be there for awhile. I will try, as best as I can, to comment on your stories. I will have a laptop with me, but I only loaded the free basegame sims 4, so don't even have this save in it. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. Keep up the good work everyone! :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

@permanentrose - Jan 4 -
    Nice that Flora got some clothes from Kaori. And nice rock climbing with Kiyoshi. Oh those bugs on the trails. Those ones are quite electrifying! Poor Flora. I love she is laying down and suddenly all the mountain spirits dancing around her. Ah...yes...a dream of the greenhouse in the Realm. She is having bits of memory return. Nice wardrobe for Flora. I will have to update her look next time I am in game. :)

@lilypadmeulin - Jan 4
    So sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Get some rest and hope you feel better soon. :) A 2 room house! That's an upgrade for sure. Poor Amelia, still battling that vending machine. At least she got something good at a food stall. :)

@Carebear92 - Jan 4
    Nice progress on Riley's house. Those best laid plans for Riley didn't work out too well on the mountain, but it looks like maybe he did meet someone at the park. Luna looks like she will be a great friend.

@LegacySims2017 - Jan 4
    I was a bit concerned with Dante in that restroom and thought he might be sick...but he's pulling a prank! lol Oh he hates math...like when will this be over? And, yes, obviously Dante has a crush on Mr. Paperbag, Jeb. Jeb is such a cutie under that bag, and I really like his personality. I never really played him until this challenge started with Sakura...and Jeb is a great sim. So, the question is, will Dante only fall for sims who are disguised? Ooh...sounds rather spicy! hehehe And Dante already has his 1st boyfriend for the 100 Bae Challenge. He's on his way! When I attempted it, I took photos of all my baes, and I had to keep track of everyone on a piece of paper! Will he be going on dates with them if he gets a pop-up? As he gets more baes, it will start to get crazy. lol So happy you kept the pre-made sims in your game...I see Wolfgang in his math class, too. Looking forward to all the zaniness.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Skeilah Always nice to see you lurking around here <3

@Belalucina Looking forward to seeing your game with June! I add all the other challenge sims if I can so it's not weird at all.

@Carebear92 Nice story you have for Riley getting all the materials he'll need to build a house! His house is coming along nicely.

@Ellupelluellu
    Babs just looks thrilled in your daily image :D That vending machine is Flora's favorite breakfast spot too haha. Sad Babs can't fish anymore. I started in spring, but since I did a lot of background playing to get this save set up, it's already summer where I am several updates ahead and it is very nice to have warm weather haha.

Honestly I can't wait to see what I come up with for Flora's story too, I'm really just winging it :D

@SoulGal7
    I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, I hope everything is okay <3

Very nice story with Elfie's rental house, and that's a very cool build. I always forget to use debug objects but it makes a lot feel so much nicer without having to pay more. I feel like Kiyoshi always ends up playing a big role in everyone's first month, haha. He really makes himself present in Mt. Komorebi.

I will admit that as soon as I noticed the forest spirits, I decided that it would make some cool screenshots to have her stargaze in the middle of them, so it wasn't quite as accidental and magical as I made it out to be haha. She tried to catch one since I want one as a souvenir for her to keep with her throughout this challenge, but she was not successful. The encounter did count for the aspiration though!

@LegacySims2017
    I definitely think Flora's wish that she wrote down was to regain her memories, glad you made that connection too even though I didn't explicitly write about it. I've played ahead a bit so unfortunately Dante probably won't show up for a while, but he's in my game with all his CC :)

How do you like the High School pack? I've heard mixed things about it, cool to watch you playing it though! The idea of playable school like a playable career does seem kind of cool. Also I like the idea of having Dante be bisexual, definitely will make the whole 100 bae challenge easier. I knew that was poor Jeb right away, maybe Dante can get him to come out of his shell and stop wearing that bag on his head haha.

@lilypadmeulin
    Amelia's house is quite nice! Flora has the most pathetic little house. I can't remember if she has it where my updates are currently. It's so sad that I don't even think I took pictures of it. honestly it's like three walls, a roof, and cot haha. I keep just not bothering with building her a house since I gave her the "always welcome" trait so she's mooching off of Kaori and Kiyoshi haha. Flora is also friends with the vendors for that little food stall - it switches between Bob Pancakes and Katrina Caliente :D Amelia really does have a curse. Flora has yet to get crushed by a vending machine but it seems like poor Amelia deals with a finicky vending machine often.

Also feel better!