Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2023

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Babs ,
    day 2
    SKAHSFT.png

l8EtcGp.png
    sorry Sean, your "Mansion" aint not so cozy.. spent almost all her money...
    D4rIjKo.png
    cozy furchair to do homework at.. she likes, being materialist.
    SE had a toilet seat, but it costed 600 .. outch.
    I still go with current world-kits-past worlds-basegame when it comes to building.
    HULW68S.png
    it was nice morning, you could fish, river was not ice completely.. We wont risk that it will after schoolday..
    tkv20pk.png
    vacationday it is, then..
    w94k3Jg.png
    to eat...
    hFSeJt8.png
    multicolored dango from this .. eh... handsome townie.
    mE0zJ7b.png

EA1PASA.png
    yes! sorry babs , you are there as long as you possible can.
    SKAHSFT.png

mABlori.png
    ok, enough... go to library,there ae restrooms..
    a9GX2ek.png
    x86DsNB.png
    handwashing till green hygiene :pensive:

og27FiF.png
    vYJq3LS.png
    to buy cheapest snowboard.. I love these lots, i have 2 residential left in whole world :D

zCwnSjT.png
    sY92Ib5.png
    5R1kckK.png
    JbqgBLH.png
    UOI6xX5.png
    for aspiration...

WJgimlx.png
    rest of the night was this

jJXezIb.png
    uh oh, looks like Cale is getting lots of offspring in here too :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Ellupelluellu
    Babs is so cute! I especially love your makeover - just the different hairstyle and color really suit her well. I need to place some better community lots in Mt. Komorebi. So many useless rentals. What's the one you have with all the shops? Also that sim Cale got pregnant is so pretty <3<3<3

@carebear92 nice start with Riley and I hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2023
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Fall
    dante-morningstar-january.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    January 1: An Angel and a Human

Meet Dante Morningstar. Dante is the son of Lucifer Morningstar and Chloe Decker. Lucifer is the well-known devil Sim reigning over hell and a fallen angel of God. Chloe is a human Sim who fell in love with Lucifer when he spent time on Sim Earth. Chloe now resides in hell with Lucifer as he gives therapy to the lost souls.

Dante was born in hell and is half angel/demon Sim and half human Sim. It is his 16th birthday and his mother and father are sending him to Sim Earth to experience life as a human Sim. Dante will get to experience a full life and everything that it entails.

Dante’s Aspiration to begin his journey is to Live Fast as a Teenager for January. He aims to get the most out of life by living care-free and rules-free. Dante tends to be Flirty and may become Sad if he doesn’t have any Romantic social interactions for a period of time. He also tends to be Angry, can Rile up other Sims, and become Angry when targeted with Mischief.

January Outfits for Dante
    For January, I chose outfits from the Base Game, High School Years Pack, and Custom Content. Here is a sample of his looks.
    dante-january-outfits-1.jpg?w=820&ssl=1

dante-january-outfits-2.jpg?w=820&ssl=1

dante-january-outfits-3.jpg?w=820&ssl=1

dante-january-outfits-4.jpg?w=820&ssl=1

Because of all the custom content used for his skin features, Dante Morningstar will not be available for download at this time. If I get enough requests, I will do my best to make a list of all the content I use and then package him up with the list.

Notes
    1. I am a fan of the Lucifer television series starring Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar and Lauren German who played Chloe Decker. I thought it would be fun to do an alternate universe where these two have a different child from the tv series and put it into Sims form into the game.
    2. I was lucky enough to find both Tom Ellis and Lauren German custom made Sims online. Tom Ellis is created by nerogreyts4. Lauren German is created by Katverse. I brought the two into the game and used the MC Command Center Mod to force a baby upon Chloe Decker. I set the father as Lucifer Morningstar. When the baby was born, I named it Dante Morningstar. I quickly aged him up to a Teenager and saved the household. From there, I edited small details of Dante. I kept just about everything the game gave Dante except for the hairstyle and clothing. I tweaked up the eyes a bit. But everything else, the game used from the other two Sims for genetics. I think the game did a very good job.
      dante-parents.jpg?w=820&ssl=1

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2023
    Tasks completed:

Mt Komorebi Sightseer: Level One: Explorer

- Take a Selfie with the Mt. Komorebi Mascot
    - Collect a Simmi by Popping Open a Simmi Capsule

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

January 2 - Week 1 - Monday - Making Friends

selfie-with-yamachan.png
    Yesterday, his neighbors, Megumi and Naoki Ito, came to visit and had brought him a gift of fruit cake! Oh how wonderful! They hadn't stayed long. but had told him that their son, Kiyoshi, was his age, and went to Copperdale High School. Kiyoshi and Elfie might even be in the same class.

After they left, Elfie decided that perhaps he should enroll in high school here in the Simworld. That way, he could cheer up teens at high school, too. As Elfie knew from experience, teens were moody, and anything he could do to bring them more Winterfest spirit, the better.

He had quickly called the high school to register as an "exchange student", and the high school also informed him about some after-school programs. Elfie listened carefully and decided that he would sign up for Drama Club. It sounded like so much fun!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

elfie-was-tired-when-he-came-home-mon-day-2.png

It was now Monday, and Elfie woke up bright and early. It was his first day of Simworld high school and he was pretty excited. He ate a bit of fruitcake and changed into the school uniform that had been dropped off yesterday. He was ready!

Elfie met many teens at high school, and when he came home, he also had a project to do. Oh gosh, and he was tired! Elfie didn't have much time to think about his homework or project, because Drama Club started in 30 minutes. Oh gee! Elfie quickly changed into the Drama Club clothes he had been given and was off.

off-to-drama-class-mon-2023.png

When he returned home, Elfie changed, and placed his new clothes in his backpack. He then decided to explore the neighborhood a bit. And what luck! In the main square, he saw Yamachan. Elfie had previously met Yamachan at the North Pole when Yamachan had attended a "Meeting of the Council of Legendary Figures" with Father Winter. Yamachan was the mascot of Mt. Komorebi and they took a photo together.

Yamachan also gave Elfie a gift. It was some sort of capsule, and when Elfie opened it, there was a small simmie statue of Father Winter inside. Ahhh... Yamachan must have known that Elfie was feeling a bit homesick.

opens-the-capsule-and-gets-father-winter.png

Elfie decided to take the shuttle to the Senbamachi neighborhood and try his luck at fishing again. Well, he still didn't catch any fish, but he did catch a chrysanthemum. Maybe he would plant this little flower on his lot.

After giving up on fishing, he decided to head to the shuttle and on his way there, he saw...oh my gosh!...was that Judith Ward? Yes! Yes, it was! His friend, Snowflake at the North Pole, was the go-to elf for any celebrity gossip in the Simworld, and so Elfie knew all about Judith Ward! In her youth, Judith had starred in that Winterfest classic movie, "It's A Wonderful Sim Life". She was famous! A legend! And one of Snowflake's biggest fans! Maybe Elfie could ask Judith for an autograph and surprise Snowflake when he returned to the North Pole.

2023-ELFIE-MEETS-JUDITH-Ward.png

Well, after hearing Elfie's story about his friend being her biggest fan, Judith actually gave Elfie 3 autographs. She would have given him more, but her phone suddenly rang, and she had to dash off to a meet-and-greet that her agent had organized. Elfie thanked her and waved goodbye.

2023-CHEERING-UP-LILY-FENG.png

Lily Feng, who had been standing nearby, watched Judith leave, and looked a bit sad. Maybe Lily had wanted an autograph, too. Elfie went up to her and tried to cheer her up. It must have worked because Lily then handed Elfie a card. Lily told Elfie that it was an appraiser friend of hers, and that Elfie should give them a call because the autographs that Elfie got would be worth more simoleons in a day or two.

Elfie looked a bit perplexed at the word "simoleons", but then remembered the term from his Simworld Culture Class. Simoleons were something that sims here in the Simworld used to buy and sell things. He thanked Lily and figured that perhaps simoleons would come in handy while he was here.

2023-HELP-WITH-HOMEWORK.png

He sat down to do his homework, and Lily kindly helped him. Afterwards, he took the shuttle home and as he was walking through the main square, he saw another celebrity.

brytani-chu-autograph.png

He couldn't believe his luck! It was Brytani Cho, a famous comedian, and he got 3 autographs from her, too! Elfie called the appraiser to find out how much the autographs were worth and was told to call back in a few days as the appraiser might have a buyer.

Since it was getting dark, Elfie headed home. It had been a busy day and Elfie was very tired and was looking forward to a long nap on his favorite bench.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Elfie is able to ask Yamachan for a capsule, which, normally, only children can do. It must be because Elfie has the childish trait that he can do this. Bonus! It was just luck that he got a Father Winter simmie. I had an "Ahh" moment when that happened.

"Meeting of the Council of Legendary Figures" is the meeting held with Santa Claus and famous legendary figures such as Mother Nature, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc. at the North Pole. From the Disney movie, The Santa Claus 2, 2002.

For celebrity autographs, I normally have a sim keep asking for autographs until the celebrity declines. So, Elfie was lucky and got 3 from Judith Ward and 3 from Brytani Cho! It was really his lucky day.

"It's a Wonderful Sim Life" is a pun on the classic holiday movie, "It's a Wonderful Life", 1946.

And for a sim who hasn't caught any fish yet, Elfie sure likes fishing.

likes-fishing.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    (For February, I will introduce 2023 Challenge Sims into my gameplay with Dante Morningstar. I am also probably going to grab from 2022 and maybe 2021 as well. I'd like more custom Sims in my game besides the game generated Sims. So, you may see some similar faces in the upcoming month.)

January 1st Comments:

@Ellupelluellu
    Dante would appreciate Babs for playing the piano. Was fun to see her get her first tip.

@SoulGal7
    Oh me gosh! I love Elfie already. Especially the backstory you gave him before he arrived into the SimsWorld. All the new things he gets to explore. But he is still a child at heart right now. Hopefully he fits in. Up on Mt. Komorebi is probably like back home for him with all the fun snow activities.

@permanentrose
    Poor Flora is going to have a lot of adjusting ahead of her. Hopefully she can make friends who will help her start to get her memory back.

@lilypadmeulin
    I like how you are going to do a diary type thing for Amelia. Dante experienced the same thing with the fruitcake. Ha, ha. It got put on the ground. I was going to trash it. But it was food. He hated it. But it was free food. Fun to see her starting out as a spellcaster as well. I'm sure the spells she learns will come in handy right away.

@Carebear92
    Aww, poor Riley and his dreary days to start with. Not fun. Practice makes perfect when it comes to the piano. I think Dante would appreciate Riley and his music. Especially on the piano.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge
    (100 Bae Challenge)
    https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

Dante Morningstar
    Season: Fall
    lux.jpg?resize=1024%2C601&ssl=1
    January 2: A Nightclub and a Penthouse

The Lux Nightclub is gifted to Dante Morningstar by his father, Lucifer. Although his plans are to travel the Sims world and explore all that it has to offer, Dante’s father wanted to make sure he always had a place to return to if needed.

Cinematic Stop Motion Build
    The Lux Nightclub + Penthouse is created by Sims player Simmersed. In the television series of Lucifer, he owned a Nightclub and had a penthouse attached to it. Simmersed used their creativity to build it with their own little touch to it.

I will be renovating it slightly as I play, but majority of the build will stay intact from the video you see below. The characters in the video are from Simmersed’s gameplay. Please give the video a like and maybe subscribing to Simmersed’s Youtube Channel.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @permanentrose

I'm sure you'll come up with something that's just right for her! You have quite a bit of time to flesh it out like you want to. And yes, it's been dubbed the Jenny curse by other people, so I think I'll run with that, as...well, you'll see. You can probably guess, though. I don't remember exactly which day, but Amelia did get a golden Simmi worth $1,000 that set her up very nicely indeed. I think I might make a mermaid for next year to have a bit of a challenge. I look forward to seeing how Flora is connected to spellcasters!

@Ellupelluellu

I'm loving Babs' facial expressions, and she's absolutely doing her best to earn what she can! I hope she fishes something good up soon that can help boost her finances, but her face when she climbed the machine made me giggle. Hope the snowboarding hasn't been too rough on her, though!

@Carebear92

A very good start with Riley! Getting those early simoleons can be tricky, but looks like he's getting some nice tips, as well as keeping on top of his homework. I look forward to seeing where he goes from here!

@SoulGal7

Elfie's day put a big smile on my face. He's just such a sweet Sim, and I love how he's just breezing through everything. And lucky with the autographs, that will really boost him! It's nice that he ran into so many helpful people today, too. Maybe he can save an autograph for Snowflake, still?

@LegacySims2017

From playing ahead, she's already learned two useful and practical spells. And yes, at this point in the game, you can't turn down free food - even fruitcake, which no sim really likes. I'll be adding the diary to my posts this evening once I'm back at my computer, as I'm currently away. The nightclub looks gorgeous just from the pictures, and I'm also a huge fan of the TV series! I really like Linda as a character, and of course Trixie. But everyone loves Trixie.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    January 2nd - Amelia Whitmore

12-08-22_11-24-58_AM.png?width=758&height=606

Dear Diary,

I wish I knew some spells that would keep me warmer at night. I think I need some more blankets, and I’m so sore. I’ve been doing well with selling these little figurine things – I lucked out and got some rare ones – but camping is not exactly as fun as I thought it would be. Apparently, the local hot springs are public, and they have showers you can use, so I might travel up there this evening. I didn’t realise how many things I’d actually miss!

Dad told me if I want to come home at any point, I can. Honestly, I’d like to, but I want to prove I can do this and make as much of myself as Nanny did back in the day. I don’t want to go back with my tail between my legs…

As soon as it was morning, it was time to send Amelia out to the Simmi Machine again. After all, we needed that money, and this is the best way I've found to earn it in this world.

12-02-22_12-42-10_PM.png?width=758&height=606

However, the aptly named Jenny curse soon struck, putting an end to our little heist. Darn it.

12-02-22_12-42-57_PM.png?width=758&height=606

Even so, I'd managed to get enough Simmis sold before that to upgrade the lot to at least have a place for her to sleep. This was also achieved by selling the now unnecessary tent.

12-02-22_12-44-34_PM.png?width=758&height=606

After some rest, I sent her back out again, and she was hit by the Jenny curse AGAIN. This poor girl cannot catch a break, and I was starting to get very, very wary. After all, it only takes two squishes to kill a Sim, and I'm already very attached to Amelia. Nia would never forgive me if I got her great-granddaughter smushed.

12-02-22_12-45-29_PM.png?width=758&height=606

So, after buying her a fridge to provide at least some food, Amelia got to go sleep off her bruises. Sorry, Amelia!

12-08-22_11-29-00_AM.png?width=758&height=606

That being said, today we got a bed and a fridge both! I'm pretty proud of how our home is coming along. See you tomorrow!
    Post edited by lilypadmeulin on
  • Options
    @permanentrose ,
    Thank you :) here:
    TNEW9Xo.jpg
    its a cafe, but shops are good for storytelling.
    that lady is Cale's wife, you actually named her as toddler in 2021 :D She is Nelly , daughter of Essa and Nik :p

@Carebear92 ,
    good start!!

@LegacySims2017 ,
    Thank you :)
    yay, finally seeing more of Dante. I have the same penthouse, I think. Its great.

@SoulGal7 ,
    Elfie sure is on the roll with those autographs :p Aww, cute that father winter simmi <3 good progress so far!

@lilypadmeulin ,
    Thank you :)
    ooohh close calls, that Jenny curse is powerfull! hey , Amelia has a mansion now too! At least Sean would say so! bed and fridge! You go, girl!

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu

After a tent? Yeah, she's truly living the high life! Hopefully this will start to help in saving money, I'm struggling to get her to soak in the hot springs, though. I think this was an issue I had before, so I might need to repair my game and try again. Trouble with having so many packs is that there's so many things that affect moodlets and such. Simmis really do help you in this world, though!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @lilypadmeulin ,
    hehe , yes, Sean , with who I started the last year , had similar size place, only a bed in it, it was his Mansion. So, by him , Amelia sure has luxury mansion now after tent :wink::D so that Mansion part was a joke from last year :p

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu

It made me giggle! And yet, I can see why it was his mansion when the only other options are tents and benches...Hopefully I'll get to update the entries this evening with Amelia's thoughts on it all!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    January 2

gvlmj0V.jpg
    7uAujxz.jpg
    itkAJiR.png
    Q9fuRo9.png
    qrfAcTF.jpg

Well, Flora does have a social need so it was inevitable she'd interact with someone sooner rather than later. She got to chatting with a local teen, Kiyoshi, who welcomed her to the area. She didn't give many details about her arrival, not that she had many to share in any case, but she told Kiyoshi she was interested in learning how to snowboard but she didn't have any gear. Kiyoshi's family owned the bathhouse, and he told her that a lot of people forgot items all the time. Not many items had been reclaimed, so Kiyoshi showed her to the Onsen's lost and found and told her she could help herself to anything she needed. She found a snowsuit, boots, a snowboard, and even a phone that Kiyoshi had said had been there for months and she was welcome to take that as well. He told her that if she ever needed anything, she was welcome to stop by his place.
    liT1x1N.png

Equipped with her new gear, Flora decided to jump right in. After all, with no recollection of who she was and unsure of how to go about recovering them, she might as well enjoy herself and keep her mind busy. And if she were lucky, something would trigger her memory and she'd get some answers.
    UAxZnbj.png
    uplKRw6.png
    lt6NUcb.png
    YSQY9Wf.jpg
    LvUeVOS.png

She headed back to the lot she'd begun to think of as her own and braved a thunderstorm in hopes of catching some dinner.
    HxNBluN.png

--
    Flora is living on an off the grid lot with the simple living trait. It will also be a tier 1 tiny home. I plan to keep the simple living trait all throughout this challenge. I also used MCCC to cheat her a bunch of school vacation days since I didn't want to have her in school right now.
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    @permanentrose

I'm glad to see she's starting to pick herself up, though snowboarding definitely is harder than it looks - poor Flora! Well, at least she's got a connection and is getting better at fishing, which will surely be useful in the days ahead. Building a life from scratch is hard, after all.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2023
    @Carebear92 - Jan 1
    Since I don't have a Tumblr account, so I couldn't like your entry, but just so you know, I am reading it. Is Riley available in the gallery to download?

Riley Chatman is a brave teen heading out to begin a life on his own. I like how you set-up that Naoki and Megumi Ito own the lounge and welcomed Riley. Nice that he actually made some tips playing the piano. He is on his way!

@LegacySims2017 - Jan 1 & 2
    Jan 1: It's too bad that Dante is not available in the gallery, because I would love to have him in my game. You know how I always like to have the other challenge sims be a part of my story. I have never watched Lucifer, but Dante looks fierce. And the 100 Bae Challenge, too! Love it!

Jan 2 - I watched the whole build sequence, and it is huge. So, does that mean Dante will not be starting rags to riches for this challenge? He will definitely have no probs getting any baes with a place like that to live!

@Ellupelluellu - Jan 2
    Lucky for Babs that the river is not frozen over so that she can fish. Yes, good idea to take a vacation day. And nice new chair for her to relax in at the "mansion" lol Yes, tri-color dango fills you up. Oh gosh, did she actually catch anything? Love the row of shops that you added to this world. Really looks good. And a library, too. Oh wow, she bought a snowboard. That must have made a dent in her simoleons. Okay, she needs a refund or snowboard lessons! lol Ouch! That is one determined face to get a simmie. hehe And, of course, playing piano for tips...a definite must. Ah...one of Cale's baby mammas. Great day for Babs!

@lilypadmeulin - Jan 2
    Oh gosh, I do not want to see Amelia squished under the vending machine. Please no! There are other ways to make simoleons, girl! Well, thank goodness she stopped for the night. And look at her little mountain hut. So cute with the bed and fridge! Woot! Great work Amelia, even though your body is probably black and blue from beating up the vending machine.

@permanentrose - Jan 2
    Great idea that Kiyoshi and his family own the bathhouse and that Flora was able to get a snowboard and winter gear, plus a phone from lost and found! Creative! She looks really good in that snowsuit. Ugh, and obviously in her past life she was not a snowboard pro! Ouch! Fishing in a thunderstorm...well, she is brave, that is for sure. I normally play off-the-grid, but I haven't done the simple living trait. Flora is on her way!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7

Jenny's Curse is pretty strong in this save, but I'm always very careful to make sure Amelia doesn't get squished for good. There are other ways to make money, but the chance of the Simmis is too strong a pull...And yes, it's super cute! She's worked very hard for that little hut, fighting against the machine.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    It's my last day off before I go back to work so I apologize if I'm not on top of comments going forward. I work 11-12 hour days usually so I need to see if playing/commenting comes easily, I really do hope that I can manage without it being stressful, keeping up with this challenge has always been so much fun in the past!

@LegacySims2017
    Dante seems like a cool sim and you've done a great job fleshing out his backstory already! I love making characters from TV/books/movies, or even just ones inspired by them. That used to be the only way I played the sims, so I definitely understand the appeal Looking forward to seeing his journey this year! If you ever do compile a list of CC for Dante, I'll glad put it in my game!

@SoulGal7
    Nice progress with Elfie today! I've always appreciated the details you put into your gameplay and storytelling - I got your It's a Wonderful Life and counsel of Legendary Figures references right away, and it was so cool that he got the Father Winter simmi!

@lilypadmeulin
    I always forget how much money you can make from simmis, as long as the vending machine cooperate. I should definitely utilize that as I'm getting Flora on her feet. So cool that Amelia is Jenny's great-granddaughter! I was tempted to give Robin a child and play with her kid this year, but I thought using a brand new sim would be fun this year. Looking forward to seeing more of Amelia's journey. I've spotted her a couple times in my game so keep an eye out for her in my upcoming updates!

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks for that lot, I think I'll add it to my game. I do remember Nelly! She turned out so pretty! Is she in your gallery/would you be willing to give me her tray files? I'd love to have her in my game if you don't mind sharing her.

• Options
    @SoulGal7
    I downloaded tray importer or something like that. I can get the custom content through that for Dante. May take me a little time.

I will be starter with Rags to Riches style. In fact, it'll be like that for each month. My next daily image chapter starts it. Dante will be starting on an empty lot. The Nightclub + Penthouse I put down is labeled as a community lot. Essentially, NP Sims can use the Penthouse portion. But I did add an object blocking the door to the Penthouse and will just move it whenever I want Dante to invite another Sim to it. I cheat Dante entering and exiting into it by using "Teleport" option when Shift+clicking.

You can see an updated list of game rules I will be playing on my blog here: https://legacysims.net/?page_id=10908

@permanentrose
    You won't believe all the custom Sims I have that I downloaded that are based on actors or the characters they play in tv shows and movies. Sounds like SoulGal really wants Dante as well, so I did download a program that fishes out what content is used. I might just make copies of the content into a zip file and share it that way, like I did with D.J.

I will be finishing D.J.'s story as well. I have played and blogged Dante's up for almost two weeks now. That's what I love about WordPress. You can set a future date and time for it to post. And I'm not going to do a full-on story with Dante. More like what you've seen with Jan 1+2. Readers can imagine on their own about the full chapter with a summary of the daily image and some bonus images with captions.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Everyone - I'll update the main post with links to first posts for those I haven't already after my comments. :) For those who haven't shared a Gallery link for their challenge Sims yet, I would love to have them if you plan to share so I can update the main post with those too. Thanks! :)

@SoulGal7
    Great first daily post pic for Elfie! I love those waterfalls in Mt. Komorebi! He looks happy. Great start for Elfie! Love his wardrobe you've designed for him too. I'm looking forward to reading more about his adventures, I'm sure he'll gain some simoleans soon, especially once he discovers the Simmi machines. hehe

Ah yes, school and drama club. Well that will certainly help him immerse himself in the Simsworld. Cool that he plans to help cheer up moody teen Sims. Good luck with that Elfie. :) Wow, how ironic Elfie received a Father Winter Simmi. What a cool coincidence eh? Very cool he happened to see Judith and get multiple autographs from her. I wonder if he'll sell them like Dylan did or end up keeping them to give his friends. Love all the 'lore' you're developing for Elfie and his experience as an elf for Father Winter in the North pole! Wow, he met two celebrities that day. Lucky Elfie!

Oh, I see, some of the 'lore' is from a movie, great idea using that for Elfie's story.

@permanentrose
    Great idea letting the screenshots tell the story for Flora! I don't envy her having the gigantic bug land on her. o.O EWWW! Curious how she got that scar on her face, I just noticed it. Good luck to you and Flora, I'm so excited to read more of her story this year and finding out exactly how she ended up in Mt. Komorebi! Thank you so much for joining again this year! :)

Beautiful screenshots for Day 2! Flora is so beautiful! How fortunate she met Kyoshi eh? hehe Seems like Cale was the only one that never did meet the guy. At least I don't remember that he did. hehe Great idea giving Flora those lot traits, it'll make it even more challenging and fun in my opinion while playing with her during the challenge. :) Good idea cheating for school vacation days. I used cheat codes for Essa and UI Cheats for Cale to accomplish that goal.

@lilypadmeulin
    Great idea doing diary entries for Amelia. Yep, it is hard for R2R teens to keep up with their school studies in this challenge. The very reason why Essa didn't go at first and Cale never went. Did she like the fruitcake? Most of my Sims end up loving it for some reason. hehe Gah! Careful with that Simmi machine Amelia! It is a great money maker, but can be very deadly. o.O Love there is a food stall for challenge Sims to get something to eat. The 2 or 3 simolean Tri-colored Dango is the best, cheap and fills them up. Hard to beat that! ;)

I'm sure Practical magic will come in very handy for Amelia! Especially if she can cast Scrubaroo and Delicioso! Looking forward to reading her diary entries and her journey this year! :)

Those Simmi machines are very addicting eh? I had to curb Cale using them or he would've been standing there plugging in simoleans until they were all gone. hehe Gah! Amelia, I know it's tempting, but it's not worth it. Okay, well, I guess it can be worth it as evidenced by how they helped pay for a place to sleep out of the cold. hehe Honestly, they helped Cale out a lot too. Love those machines! <3

Uh, well, okay, maybe I was right. o.O Maybe you should go fishing instead Amelia. The worst thing that could happen doing that is maybe getting a hook in the eye. Still bad, but at least it won't kill you dear. hehe At least she got a fridge out of it! That's something! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Ah, okay, I bet it was Molly then. :) 500 doesn't go very far eh? I love that he named it the mansion, it's delightfully ironic. hehe Can't wait to read more of Babs' adventures this year! <3

I can't decide if Babs looks totally focused or worried in your daily post pic. hehe Ah, I see, the 500 simoleans went towards fixing up the 'mansion' with a few necessities. I love how you always use the current world and base game assets for your Sims in this challenge. Very commendable! Yay! Good old vacation days from school. So glad they have that option. Tri-colored Dango! Love that dish!

hehe Poor Babs fishing until she couldn't hold it anymore. Sorry, need those simoleans dear! Oh, I love that outdoor sports store, great idea! Opps! Bummer she fell off the board. Don't worry Babs, you'll get better at it soon. :) HAHA! Okay, I think her angry face at the Simmi machine is my fav screenshot of this update. She looks so fierce! o.O Oh wow, she looks about ready to pop eh? Go Cale! hehe Will you show what she has at some point? I'd love to see. <3

@Carebear52
    Can't wait to read your first post once it's posted. Good luck and have fun with the challenge! :)

Aha, and here it is! Bummer it was raining when Riley arrived in Mt. Komorebi, but no worries, the lounge to the rescue! Glad he was able to make a few simoleans getting tips playing piano. 12 simoleans isn't much, but it's a good start! :)

Riley is actually doing very well for a R2R teen, at least he has a roof over his head now and soon a steady income. Cool that he found some tomatoes and parsley too! Not sure what season it is for him, but just a hint. If it's Spring, there is a strawberry plant over by the fishing spot at the end of the canal. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Such an interesting background for Dante, this is going to be fun to follow for sure! Great outfits for Dante, he's very handsome. I agree, Dante is a very good combination of the two Sims you found for Lucifer and Chloe. The creator did a very good job making those two, glad you found them. I'm following your blog now. Excited to read his adventures in the human world this year, should be a very fun read! :)

Great looking LUX club and penthouse from what I can see in the screenshot. Hubby's watching a video right now so I can't check out the video of the build. I will later tonight though, thanks for including a link to it. :)

Whew! This is what I get for not commenting yesterday. I apologize for the long comments, I'll try to keep on top of them going forward. Great updates everyone! I'm loving all your posts so far in this challenge. It's going to be such a fun year! <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Thanks for the comment! I'm still deciding the full story behind Flora's scar - I have a few ideas though. I did figure out the bug that gave her that scar though after googling it a bit to see if any other simmers ever got spellcasters with random vampire details. Apparently if you make a spellcaster using genetics in CAS, they often spawn with random vampire skin details that you can't remove, which is probably frustrating for a lot of people, and I'm very lucky that Flora only got that scar and not one of those crazy brow or sunken eye details! Last year when I made her, I downloaded her grandmother from the gallery then played with genetics to make her so it makes sense why she got that scar now. Even when I removed her spellcaster life state though, the scar stayed, so I feel like it was meant to be and I'm finding a way to make it work with my story now. It definitely makes her unique!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    I figured it would be revealed why she has it some time during the year. Ah, so it was her Grandmother's fault she has the scar, at least in relation to that glitch in CAS anyway. Yup, I'd say it was meant to be. Definitely makes for a unique and fun story possibility for her. I can't wait to read your explanation for it in her story. :)
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    Next time I go on I will make him available on the gallery. It’s totally ok you don’t have to like it on tumblr I figure it’s easier esp when I do a couple days at a time because I can just schedule them.
  • Options
    @permanentrose

She's actually the great-grandaughter of Nia, the Sim I use as my profile picture! I'll definitely be on the lookout for cameos, but yes, Simmi capsules can be really lucrative if you're doing this challenge. It's one of my favourite things to do in this first months.

@Karababy52

She hated the fruitcake! I wish she was a fan, but I was stuck with the uncomfortable moodlet from it because she kept eating it while I wasn't looking. And yes, the curse of Jenny is still strong with this save, but I'm determined to make those machines work for and not against me. Practical Magic isn't the most flashy magic, but it does what it says on the tin, and with the cheap stuff you have to buy, learning the good spells is pretty handy.

I'll be adding the diary entries now, once I've checked on all my messages (finally back at my computer) but yes, Amelia's savings are building up quickly!